First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Simple Silicone spray will also work in a pinch. Been applying that stuff for years on our vehicles. Sunroof seals, trunk, and doors. Depending on the material, the window seals too.
As stated above, it helps keep the seals pliable and prevent drying/cracking.

As for these tears I've seen thus far, looks like many are from just everyday use of getting in and out of the vehicles. All it takes is one good snag to tear it good. I used to detail vehicles and saw this on a daily basis. Most people don't care about their vehicles and scuff the heck outta the door sill/ jamb areas. Painted areas get dented and scuffed from heels. Our overweight society can't get into (or out of) most vehicles without grabbing/ scratching/ or man handling the vehicle for assistance. I guarantee that most here have dragged there shoes/boots/ sandals/ crocs:crackup: /uncut toenail bare feet across their vehicles at some point. Yes, its a truck, but the plastic and trim is super cheaply made. Honestly, if its THAT easy for you to rip/tear it, you may want to invest in some better quality seals and install yourself. Might be better than a new set of LED lights to light up the exhaust pipe or whatever these kids are doing today:giggle:. Just my two cents.
But silicone doesn't have the high UV protection needed. The plastic and rubber are still visible with the doors closed which means the UV rays are deteriorating them. Might not be so crucial there but out here in the desert when it's 110+ we need all the protection we can get. :wink:
Sponsored

mailbox4449

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure yet
But silicone doesn't have the high UV protection needed. The plastic and rubber are still visible with the doors closed which means the UV rays are deteriorating them. Might not be so crucial there but out here in the desert when it's 110+ we need all the protection we can get. :wink:
Agree 100% Anything with UV block is better. I use that on any interior or exterior trim pieces that is exposed to UV as well. It's worth the extra $$. Again, I totally agree.

I use the silicone spray mainly on the door/window seals. Between 100 degree summers and -0 degree winters here, my door seals are up to the task. I've had numerous instances where my windows were iced over solid, yet I was able to open the window and break the perfectly formed ice wall/window :like: .

That's another reason I ordered my Ranger. It still has metal bumpers. I'm old school and prefer that on a vehicle vs the plastic skin bumpers that's on majority of the vehicles now. Like I stated before, I worked as a detailer in body shop for years and wore many hats. Helped prep parts for painting, buffed parts after painting, paint correction, etc. Plastic is cheap and easy to paint, but it doesn't last as the sun breaks it down over the years. Not to mention the weather in general, then add the actual owner abuse :crackup:. Again, I'm old school and olderrrrrr :rockon:

AZ def can tell you take of your ride. We are cut from the same cloth :like:

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Your picture is pretty blurry and dark, but it doesn't look torn, just scuffed

Maybe you have a big cowboy hat
:LOL:

Agreed, it's a shitty pic. I'm no Ansel Adams..

No cowboy hat. Just a small rip in the corner.
Sponsored