We’re Off! Arizona - Colorado - South Dakota - Colorado - Utah and Back.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
492FFEC6-9D16-41EB-86AD-B8779285536B.jpeg

She wouldn’t like climbing on the ridge with a sheer 1500 ish foot drop off?
720B9F94-D4D6-42B5-BCBD-74F0A7161AF9.jpeg
412B9FA3-1E65-4A87-8417-A5CF4E00DA77.jpeg

But look at the payoff!!
Those are great pictures Bob! ? She wouldn't care if I went without her and we're here until Thursday. So if there's a day she just feels like hanging around the cabin I'll see if I can get a reservation. If not you and I need to plan a trip back in the fall.?

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Those are great pictures Bob! ? She wouldn't care if I went without her and we're here until Thursday. So if there's a day she just feels like hanging around the cabin I'll see if I can get a reservation. If not you and I need to plan a trip back in the fall.?
Da boss would be happy to stay behind as well.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
@AzScorpion - Do you ever look at these places and wonder about the people that traversed the land to get to the other side and survived?

(like going to Walmart on a Sat and trying to get past the electric carts of overloaded ??)
I do Terry. When we drove through Death Valley I ask the wife, can you imagine the first settlers headed west that looked down on this and said, "that don't look to bad". And, we whine when the air conditioner doesn't work properly. :)

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
Darn this week went by fast. We were on the go since we got into Moab on Monday morning and still didn't get to do and see everything we wanted to. You guys gave us so many great suggestions in the other thread a couple months ago I'm going to have to come back as soon as I get my Bronco. Hopefully I'm not to old and I can still drive by then. ?

Kent @Radioman we didn't make it back to the Shafer Trail to see the Thelma and Louise Point. But I did bookmark your directions and will see it next time we're back. There's a lot of great trails over that way all through Canyonlands and then you can take Potash all the way back to Moab from there.

Today we're heading to Hurricane, Ut which is just outside of Zion N P. We were there in the fall of 2020 and really like this area and want to look around a little more at the area and maybe even some houses. I'd like to get an idea of what the costs are as we'll most likely be looking to get out of AZ in the future.
Dave, I saw lots of MOAB pics, but not seeing Hell's Revenge? I can't imagine anyone would go to MOAB and not do that trail, or at least some of it. First fin at the trailhead is IMO the most iconic wheeling obstacle on the continent. Did I miss those pics, or were you afraid the tailgate damper couldn't handle it?

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Dave, I saw lots of MOAB pics, but not seeing Hell's Revenge? I can't imagine anyone would go to MOAB and not do that trail, or at least some of it. First fin at the trailhead is IMO the most iconic wheeling obstacle on the continent. Did I miss those pics, or were you afraid the tailgate damper couldn't handle it?
You didn't miss them Jay. I figured I'd come back and do some more technical ones once (if) I ever get my Bronco next year. I don't like wheeling alone especially on the more difficult trails There really weren't a lot of people there to get in a group and go out with either.

I should've brought a spare damper, then I would've done Hells Revenge! :wink:?

Hells Revenge.jpg

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
I don't like wheeling alone especially on the more difficult trails There really weren't a lot of people there to get in a group and go out with either.
Amen... (Although I do it all the time, but I think experience keeps me from going places that are more than I can handle.)

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
You didn't miss them Jay. I figured I'd come back and do some more technical ones once (if) I ever get my Bronco next year. I don't like wheeling alone especially on the more difficult trails There really weren't a lot of people there to get in a group and go out with either.

Hells Revenge.jpg
I would’ve loaned you mine!! I would have suffered just to help you enjoy your vacation even more!!

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired

Hells Revenge.jpg
I completely understand not wanting to take on big risk on solo rides, but Hell's Revenge looks so much worse than it is, and all the big obstacles have chicken run alternates. They even added an exit right after First Fin, so you could have just done that, then put your skirt back on ;)

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I completely understand not wanting to take on big risk on solo rides, but Hell's Revenge looks so much worse than it is, and all the big obstacles have chicken run alternates. They even added an exit right after First Fin, so you could have just done that, then put your skirt back on ;)
Yep it’s not Lion’s Back that’s for sure. I almost got a divorce over that one but I’ve mellowed lately. Temptation is gone now that it’s closed..

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Yep it’s not Lion’s Back that’s for sure. I almost got a divorce over that one but I’ve mellowed lately. Temptation is gone now that it’s closed..
Oh, too bad. Better luck next time. Ha ha ha, teasing of course.

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oh, too bad. Better luck next time. Ha ha ha, teasing of course.
Naw she’s a keeper after 30 years of putting up with me. She was seriously angry at the time because she thought we were going to die. I must say it was pretty hairy… I had a lot of OMG thoughts on the decent!!! ?
Sponsored