We’re Off! Arizona - Colorado - South Dakota - Colorado - Utah and Back.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Rick, tell your wife that the last thing you both want to be doing is sitting on the front porch in your 80's saying "I wish we would have..........." (fill in the blank). We know life's short brother, and you don't want to miss anything you had a chance to see. Luckily I had a chance to retire (the 2nd time at 55). Since 2010 we have taken a long (5+K miles), and we haven't seen it all yet. It's a beautiful country we are blessed to live in my friend, so get out there and see it all.
This X's 100!!! Jim you're so right that so many never get out and get to see the beauty that's all around this great country. I get it not everyone it fortunate enough to take these long trips but at least get out and see stuff locally. Just going to the beach or the lake for a day or weekend trip is so much better than wasting life sitting in front of the tv. Even going for a long drive around your area I bet you see things you never knew where there. Plus it helps clear your head of lifes problems whether they're big or small it's nice to forget about them for a while and have some fun with your loved ones.
Sponsored

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
This X's 100!!! Jim you're so right that so many never get out and get to see the beauty that's all around this great country. I get it not everyone it fortunate enough to take these long trips but at least get out and see stuff locally. Just going to the beach or the lake for a day or weekend trip is so much better than wasting life sitting in front of the tv. Even going for a long drive around your area I bet you see things you never knew where there. Plus it helps clear your head of lifes problems whether they're big or small it's nice to forget about them for a while and have some fun with your loved ones.
Spot on Dave. Even something like that is the best blood pressure known to man. It's like my Doc always says, "I don't care what you do, just get off your ass and do it". Smart man he is.................Again thanks for the pictures. I just told my bride that your pictures have me ready to go..........gas prices be damned. As the old saying goes, "It's well worth the admission price".

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Speaking of bellies to rub…the ASU Spirit Squad showed up at Dave’s for the party too. GO SUN DEVILS!

97EEEB02-889B-47CA-BD9B-C282391B4FE2.jpeg

Then, things really started to get out of hand. Someone called the cops (I’m pretty sure it was either @Glocker or @Fawnbuster ) and these two guys showed up….I don’t think they even carried guns.

05C487B1-8982-4C71-A2F7-C309C8B8C483.jpeg

They were clearly in over their heads and called for backup right away. Well, two more pretty boys came to help…

70C81EE6-C22C-4E3C-B9A2-58FDB02FA61F.jpeg

After they stopped laughing, the Spirit Squad put down their drinks and beat the tar out of the four of them. Everyone cheered and the party continued...

337E05BA-D1B9-4BEB-8EF9-A3ECE0C7B33D.jpeg

Unfortunately, not long after that, this guy showed up…

E505D7F4-1AE1-4FD7-A48D-F46E8A2E4225.jpeg

The first thing I did was get off the lawn…because, you know. Needless to say, the place cleared out immediately and that’s when we discovered this…

F26A7A60-AE4D-4FCF-8CEB-75D3CB61AC93.jpeg

2735285E-5B22-4D38-BA45-070F4CF8F81B.jpeg

Don’t worry Dave, we’ll have this place cleaned up and looking like new before you get back.
I wouldn't be making the call, I would be one of the 1st responders ?

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Went up to Hurrah Pass off roading today. It starts out as a flat dirt road then you climb a large shelf road to the top. Here it changes to a more rocky ride with a few good stair steps. Again it's not really a hard trail but if you don't like heights you're not going to like most trails out here. There's no guard rails and the trail is tight with large drop offs. But the scenery out there is great and even Annie, who's petrified of heights just looks forward and loves the views when we finally stop. We only did about half of it as it's a fairly long trail and there's a chance of storms this afternoon. We only saw about 4-5 others out there and I don't like being that deep out in unfamiliar trails alone. Pus we're packing up tonight and heading to Souther UT tomorrow so no sense in taking any chances now.

IMG_6963.jpg

IMG_6964.jpg

IMG_6965.jpg

IMG_6968.jpg

IMG_6977.jpg

The corners are tight and about 90* and in the second pic you can see the drop off.

IMG_6983.jpg

IMG_6985.jpg

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Going down the back side you climb up over this shelf and descend into the valley. At the bottom there's a place called Basecamp. Not sure what's back there but we turned around there and made our way back up. We were out there almost 4 hours so if you continued on it's a very long day and you still have to come out the way you went in.

IMG_6993.jpg

IMG_7003.jpg

IMG_7005.jpg

IMG_7007.jpg

IMG_7006.jpg

The trail continues on here and comes to a good size ledge. I'm pretty sure I would've had no problems with it but there's a ton of scrape marks and some high areas and the last thing I need was to high center on one and get stuck out there. Better left for when I get my Bronco, makes for a good excuse for another trip. ?

IMG_7008.jpg

You can see I thought about it though. lol ?

IMG_7009.jpg

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Just some random pics while out there. I know that UT will be high on our list when it comes time to relocate. I don't think I could ever get sick of the sights out here.

1656021346642.png

1656021360722.png

1656021377165.png

1656021438206.png

1656021457131.png

IMG_7003.jpg

IMG_7012.jpg

It's hard to see but the trail runs along right above where the green is on the side.

IMG_7013.jpg

IMG_7014.jpg

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Ok good pics, but is the scenery distracting you from noticing how many of your fav vehicles you are seeing out there ? I just came back from a day trip to Durango - can't believe how many Tacos I saw today. Durango wasn't all that crowded but it has been raining which causes a number of tourists to stay inside or go for a cruise in their Tacomas :frown:

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Ok good pics, but is the scenery distracting you from noticing how many of your fav vehicles you are seeing out there ? I just came back from a day trip to Durango - can't believe how many Tacos I saw today. Durango wasn't all that crowded but it has been raining which causes a number of tourists to stay inside or go for a cruise in their Tacomas :frown:
It's really not all that crowded here either. There's mostly Jeeps here which most of these trails are geared for and not a lot of Tacomas here. I was talking with a store owner the other night and he said it's not usually like this especially now where the weather here is still perfect in the low 90's. Even our hotel looks like it's only at 30%-40% full and we walked right in at 6:00 pm and got a table at dinner the other night right away. Gas prices and inflation is really putting a damper on peoples plans. :sadface:

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Darn this week went by fast. We were on the go since we got into Moab on Monday morning and still didn't get to do and see everything we wanted to. You guys gave us so many great suggestions in the other thread a couple months ago I'm going to have to come back as soon as I get my Bronco. Hopefully I'm not to old and I can still drive by then. ?

Kent @Radioman we didn't make it back to the Shafer Trail to see the Thelma and Louise Point. But I did bookmark your directions and will see it next time we're back. There's a lot of great trails over that way all through Canyonlands and then you can take Potash all the way back to Moab from there.

Today we're heading to Hurricane, Ut which is just outside of Zion N P. We were there in the fall of 2020 and really like this area and want to look around a little more at the area and maybe even some houses. I'd like to get an idea of what the costs are as we'll most likely be looking to get out of AZ in the future.

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
Darn this week went by fast. We were on the go since we got into Moab on Monday morning and still didn't get to do and see everything we wanted to. You guys gave us so many great suggestions in the other thread a couple months ago I'm going to have to come back as soon as I get my Bronco. Hopefully I'm not to old and I can still drive by then. ?

Kent @Radioman we didn't make it back to the Shafer Trail to see the Thelma and Louise Point. But I did bookmark your directions and will see it next time we're back. There's a lot of great trails over that way all through Canyonlands and then you can take Potash all the way back to Moab from there.

Today we're heading to Hurricane, Ut which is just outside of Zion N P. We were there in the fall of 2020 and really like this area and want to look around a little more at the area and maybe even some houses. I'd like to get an idea of what the costs are as we'll most likely be looking to get out of AZ in the future.
Try not to “earn” one of these ?
683CD10B-9696-4BC1-9A91-E45FFC4CDE30.jpeg
Sponsored