Vibrating HVAC Blower

Dan Kobler

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT SuperCrew 302A 4x4
So a mouse got into my HVAC blower about a year ago. Just realized it last night when changing my cabin air filter. The mouse dragged in some cheese curds and left them on top of the filter. So when removing the filter, a cheese curd fell down on to the blower and I was able to remove a few that didn't fall. So my guess is I have to remove the Evaporator And Housing Assembly. I'm guessing that is located in the 412-00 Service manual section. But can't for the life of me find that section. Anyone have any experience or advice here to get whatever chunk of food feel down into the blower fan? Thanks!
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Incorrect sir. Just go straight under the dash and you will see 3 screws holding the blower motor in. Remove those screws and you can get the blower motor out to remove the rest

OP
OP
Dan Kobler

Dan Kobler

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT SuperCrew 302A 4x4
Incorrect sir. Just go straight under the dash and you will see 3 screws holding the blower motor in. Remove those screws and you can get the blower motor out to remove the rest
Thanks, about to give it a shot now. Appreciate the insight! I'll let you know how it goes!

GLekter

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Occupation
Teacher
I noticed that a lot of people don't notice it and don't pay attention to it, until the first breakdown. Some systems just can't stand it and then the owners try to find a solution to the problem, but they don't know that the right solution for them is to take courses from https://www.hvacschools411.com/ and become real experts in this business. Isn't it important for you to be able to solve a problem in any situation? In addition, you will become a real professional and will be able to earn money on it.

Last edited:

Togve

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for the info. Question. I had the same issue , a critter of some kind got into the cabin filter area. Ford changed the filter. As I checked the air con I notice a huge vibration from the air con fan. Now ford wants to charge me to fix the vibration issue. But here is the question why is there not a metal screen for the air intake from the outside to stop critters from sleeping in my air con system?

KN-CT

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang, Dodge Durango, Jaguar XK
Occupation
VP Sales & Marketing
Thank you for the information it was really helpful. Mice got into my vehicle as well. I agree that a thin metal screen over the cabin air filter would keep them out.

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
It is fairly easy to add your own, some here have done it using a drywall sanding screen and speed tape (aka) HVAC tape.
Just search Mice Rodents.

Reactions: EJH

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon

Okinawa Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302, 2022 Ranger XLT/Splash/FX4
Occupation
Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Shop Owner
Thank you, went to change my cabin air filter and had pecan shells drop into mine. I had a stink around Christmas and found the bastards hoarded a pile under my console, seats and kick panels. Cleaned all that out but just found them in the filter. At least removing the blower is easy!
Sponsored