Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SCab Lariat 4X2, 2019 MX5, 2008 Expedition
Occupation
Crane Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
My first 40 years was Air Force. One way or the other. Dad spent 21 in as a AGE Mechanic, He retired as a MSgt. in 1981. I Joined in 82 and spent the next 21 years as a Pavements and Construction Equipment Operator. We called ourselves "Dirt Boys". Ultimately our job was to make sure the planes had somewhere to land. The hardest job I ever had to do was Rapid Runway Repair in full MOP Gear. I retired in 2003 also as a MSgt. That is a E-7. Best assignment, anyplace overseas. Worst assignment, any place in Texas. Spent 12 years there, use to love it, learned to hate it. Now a Floridian by choice.
Best duty of all time, Civic Action Team, for 6 months, in Micronesia at the Truk Lagoon.

The Military made me who I am today, Boy, Am I glad to be retired and away from it.

Larrykime / USAF / MSgt / 3E291
Sponsored

Last edited:

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
My son asked me what the most important job in the Military is. I told him boots on the ground bc we need meat for the grinders. Everything else is made to support that. So fly something and stay away from cook and mechanics lol. Just fly something in any branch

Im just joking around with him ofcourse

Last edited:

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
USAF 6 years (2 active, 4 AG)
Satellite Communications
129th TCS

My 19 year old son loves wearing my "Satcom Ranger: Wizards of FM and Minor Miracles" t-shirt.

OP
OP
pull string get cookies

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 White Platinum
Vehicle Showcase

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Navy Submariner 1995-1999.
Ill take a chance with IEDs and rounds slinging down range anyday over being in a sub. I dont know how you guys do it.

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
I got to check one out once. It's way roomier than the movies and TV make it seem. Still tight quarters, but I could see how one could tolerate it just fine. A buddy of mine was a cook on subs as well and he was telling me they never stayed down more than a few weeks anyway. He said they could go longer, sure, but they never did.

JACER

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Joined USAF by choice (or be drafted Army) 1964 - 68. College after.

Joined Ft Lauderdale Fire Rescue 1972 - 1995. Became a Public Service Assistant for St Johns County (St Augustine, FL) 2002 - 2012.

Now enjoying both retirements in Plant City, FL (winter) & Franklin, NC (summer)

CWO2LT

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport trim 4 x 4, Hot Pepper Red, Line-X bed liner, Retrax Pro XR tonneau cover
23 years with the Coast Guard (20 active, 3 civilian after I retired), then 14 more with the U.S. Marshals. All of it good! Retirement house is near the Naval Hospital complex so I get to hear colors every morning!. Life is good!

Last edited:
OP
OP
pull string get cookies

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 White Platinum
Vehicle Showcase
Ill take a chance with IEDs and rounds slinging down range anyday over being in a sub. I dont know how you guys do it.
Same here, wouldn’t dream of being canned and submerged in salty brine.

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
I wouldn't even want to be on a ship/boat. Hard pass to being in the middle of the damn ocean surrounded on all sides by a never ending view of ocean.
Sponsored