FORD CO-PILOT360™ (67G)
Availability:
● Opt. on XL Mid (101A)
● Std. on XLT and Lariat
Not available with:
● PU Box Delete (R1A)
Includes:
● Auto-High Beam Headlamps
● BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) w/Cross-Traffic Alert and Trailer Tow Monitoring
● Lane-Keeping System (Lane-Keeping Aid, Lane-Keeping Alert and Driver Alert System)
● Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) (Pedestrian Detection, Forward Collision Warning, Dynamic Brake Support)

Hill Start Assist is not listed and my truck doesn't have it. I am familiar with how Hill Start Assist functions as my Jeep (manual shift) has it and it works well.
Looks like we found another standard feature that disappeared between 2019 and 2020
Sponsored

tfisher15

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, Supercrew, 4x4; 69 Firebird Conv
Occupation
Retired
Looks like we found another standard feature that disappeared between 2019 and 2020
I have it on my 2020 with the 302A package. I notice it everyday when pulling up to the mailbox and facing downhill. When I shift into reverse to back up it will hold the truck until I push on the gas. I can feel the brakes release at that point.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
I have it on my 2020 with the 302A package. I notice it everyday when pulling up to the mailbox and facing downhill. When I shift into reverse to back up it will hold the truck until I push on the gas. I can feel the brakes release at that point.
Yeah, I'll have to test it on my 2020 lariat with tech and co-pilot, but it seems removing it from 'software' features would be dumb... it's not like they are removing hardware to save money.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
Confusing... :question:

Edit:

I checked the 2020 Lariat Order Sheet and my Window Sticker and neither one listed the Hill Assist. I then went through all the menu options in Sync and using the left hand controls on the steering wheel and didn't find any way to turn on or off Hill Assist. I wonder if it is present only on 4 X 4 trucks (mine is a two-wheel drive). My driveway is steep enough to activate the hill assist on my Jeep which has a manual trans.

Last edited:

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Checking my owner's manual, it's on my 2021 even though it's not listed as a feature in any of the sales literature or the sticker. Now I'm going to have to find a hill and see if it actually is there and works lol.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I had this come up this evening and I was not on a hill. Nor do I drive with both feet. Freaked me out. When my husband gets home, I’m going to get him to disconnect the battery & see if that corrects it. I don’t want to electrocute myself.:rolleyes: I wiped off the sensors at the front and back of my Ranger. I used my parking brake the other day for the first time. I was parked slightly uphill. I blame it on that dadgummit!:oops: Anyway, I’ll let ya’ll know what happens. My first real issue (hopefully not really an issue). May have to take it in. We’ll see.
1637279083163.png

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had this come up this evening and I was not on a hill. Nor do I drive with both feet. Freaked me out. When my husband gets home, I’m going to get him to disconnect the battery & see if that corrects it. I don’t want to electrocute myself.:rolleyes: I wiped off the sensors at the front and back of my Ranger. I used my parking brake the other day for the first time. I was parked slightly uphill. I blame it on that dadgummit!:oops: Anyway, I’ll let ya’ll know what happens. My first real issue (hopefully not really an issue). May have to take it in. We’ll see.
1637279083163.png
Disconnecting the battery for 20 min did not work. It does great for about 5-6 miles, then all the alarms go off. The brakes do not lock up. The truck drives perfectly fine. Going to take it in tomorrow & my son will check for codes.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It showed a code C1A99. Son said it had do with Brake Fluid Pressure sensor and ABS sensor showing where brakes were being applied when they weren’t…or something like that. He updated something and said it re-calibrated the sensors…or something like that. Long story short…it’s fixed! Thank The Lord!!! :turkey:

Please excuse my non-mechanical mind.:rolleyes:

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
It showed a code C1A99. Son said it had do with Brake Fluid Pressure sensor and ABS sensor showing where brakes were being applied when they weren’t…or something like that. He updated something and said it re-calibrated the sensors…or something like that. Long story short…it’s fixed! Thank The Lord!!! :turkey:

Please excuse my non-mechanical mind.:rolleyes:
Parking brake may not have fully released initially ? Just a guess.
Maybe have your battery load tested. It could be getting weak and that can throw a bunch of warnings all at once.

KNI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
1637279083163.png
I had same symptoms with my Raptor when driving in muddy clay last spring .

Decent front bumper, windshield and underside wash cleared these codes. My guess is that when the camera on the windshield does not see anything and there's sod in the wheel sensors the computer just throws up due to sensory deprivation.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The brake fluid pressure sensor in the abs hydraulic control unit was sensing pressure and brake being applied when bpp break pedal position switch was not being pressed causing a correlation code between the 2 sensors. Reprogrammed abs module and cleared all codes. Code c1a99

This is the official report from my son who is a mechanic & checked out my Ranger. For anyone else who may have this problem.:)

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vagabond
Checking my owner's manual, it's on my 2021 even though it's not listed as a feature in any of the sales literature or the sticker. Now I'm going to have to find a hill and see if it actually is there and works lol.
All (US & Probably Canada-ck Owner's Manual) 5G Rangers have this, but you have to engage it.

This is from my 2021 OM, may be on a different page for different MY:

Attachments

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
All (US & Probably Canada-ck Owner's Manual) 5G Rangers have this, but you have to engage it.

This is from my 2021 OM, may be on a different page for different MY:
How do you shift into first gear? Just leave it in D?

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vagabond
How do you shift into first gear? Just leave it in D?
From a stop with the brake pedal depressed, move the shift lever to "S" (Sport mode). The transmission needs to be in S with the brake pedal depressed to trigger the hill assist, it won't activate in Drive. When you release the brake pedal, the truck will stay put until you press the accelerator. Nice for trailer towing or icy starts on hills. Once moving, you can shift back into Drive or leave it in Sport.
Sponsored