[Updated] Ranger Ford Performance Power Pack Performance Tune Software (M-9603-REB) Released!

tehschkott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Cat herder
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a little confused by that answer myself, but I think the takeaway is: terrain modes remain intact, yes?

My kit arrived today. I'm scheduling with dealership to install tomorrow.
Sponsored

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
I'm a little confused by that answer myself, but I think the takeaway is: terrain modes remain intact, yes?

My kit arrived today. I'm scheduling with dealership to install tomorrow.
Yes it will all work.

bb1001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hot Pepper Red XLT
Got mine installed a week ago. Definitely stronger. There’s a hill on my commute where the truck would always downshift to maintain cruise control speed. Now it just keeps on going in top gear. Also averaged 31 mpg on a 95 mile trip between LA and San Diego.
Damn. Best I've gotten stock doing Orange to SD was 25mpg. I was pretty thrilled with that.

19Bluecrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Supercrew Ranger
Occupation
Houseboy
Damn. Best I've gotten stock doing Orange to SD was 25mpg. I was pretty thrilled with that.
I hit it just right. No stop and go traffic. Cruise control was between 70 and 75 the whole way. I think the shell helps with highway mpg also

Alpharettark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2018 Focus ST, 1999 Boxster, 1987 944 Racecar
I’ve seen several posts in this thread discussing octane but... will the FPP tune respond to lower octane like stock? My truck will mostly see light duty but would like extra power when pulling race car (approx 5,000 pounds). Don’t see the need to pay for 93 octane the rest of the time. TIA

rparge

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x4 Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired.
No quite sure where to post this, here or here:

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...d-or-engine-runs-rough-after-cold-start.9352/

But what are your thoughts:

If I go into the dealer, and have them re-program the PCM per this TSB, I shoud flash back to stock?
But then, the stock saved version on the PROCAL is now different than the one on the truck, correct?
How do I update the PROCAL with this new stock version so that it now matches the changes made by this TSB, so the next flash to stock retains this new version updated on TSB-20-2339?

Thanks!

Jwhmservices87

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Occupation
Construction
Having an issue, I bought the procal4 with the certificate, registered with the website. Though when I try to download the installer windows keeps deleting the file saying virus detected... Any one else have this issue?

Extreme01

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2008 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/m-9603-reb.html

I just ordered and am waiting for the Ford ECU tune. Question on wheel size.

Will 285/70 void the warranty? The below says 265/70 is max configurable, some have interpreted this to mean going bigger than that will void warranty.

I really want to do 285 and have removed crash bars, but I also want the FPP tune and don't want to void warranty.

Help?

View attachment 55514
I put 285/65R tires on mine and with the crash bars removed no issues. I was told by Ford Performance that the tune would not void the normal 3yr/36,000 mile warranty

bobkat

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger fx4
Occupation
Retired electrician
Vehicle Showcase
I got a defender alert for Win32/Wacatac.DE!ml as a severe alert.
Im assuming it is a false positive sig.
I tried on an old win 8 laptop and couldn't connect to com port .
Went to an identical laptop with win 10 and no security and it installed and updated the procal 4 controller ok.

Jwhmservices87

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Occupation
Construction
Yeah thats all Windows Defender or Bit Defender. Turn it off and you'll have no problems. I'm a systems architect. This is my field.
Got it figured out. Had to turn off windows realtime virus checker to download and to run the program. Thanks guys!

Goodrx

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Sorry to bring up an old subject. How does the warranty work with the FPP with the 3yr/36k? I currently have the 5yr/60k whichever occurs first. Does it void the power train 5 year and switch to a 3 year Ford performance? Any clarification on this?
Sponsored