[Updated] Ranger Ford Performance Power Pack Performance Tune Software (M-9603-REB) Released!

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
This is a bit off subject, but not by far.

#1 If you have a set of Metric sockets, and a short extension, you can install any of the after-market exhaust systems yourself! all you really need is a creeper, but a large piece of cardboard will do. Most of the on-line videos suggest you remove the rear muffler hanger, instead of the front one. But that is the way to do it! REMOVE the front! In fact, it shouldn't take you more than and hour, unless you're really inept! Took me just 35 minutes with nothing but the needed wrenches! Oh! The best after-market exhaust system? Contrary to popular belief, Ford'-sourced, Borla system (M-5200-RA SB/SC), is the best out there, if real-world Dyno testing means anything.

#2 Installed the Ford's performance upgrade (M-9603-REB) is a piece of cake. My local dealer wanted $200 to do so, but took me about 25 minutes to do it myself! If, that is, you follow the directions! If you need help, Ford's Performance guys in Detroit will help you Their on-line 800 and emails are readily obtained

#3 There are 3 difference intake upgrades that I know of. Ford Performance told me that the Roush is as good as any, and easiest to install. I can't speak for any others out there but the Roush installed in less than 30 minutes. My local dealer wanted 2 hours ($250!) to do the job.

#4 Just for the record. The Mustang Turbo boost gauge kit (available from several sources) will fit the Ranger. However, it is down deep on the drives side, and a bit hard to get to the MAP input. The main wiring harness grommet has enough room to fish a 1/4 inch plastic pipe through. All it takes is a small poke with an X-acto knife, but BE CAREFUL!
Good info! Thanks. I have had the Borla since I got the truck almost a year ago, as I hoped my wife might be convinced it came with it :) Had a Borla on my '02 Mustang - amazing that our little 4 cyls put out more HP than that area 4.6L V8s. Excited to get the ProCal and will do everything I can short of "pushing the button" - its a small town dealer and I know the service manger and drive auction cars for them so hope to keep the "install" reasonable if I do the computer down load, etc. part. My thought was if I think I can get the Roush intake kit not to put the K/N in so as to be able to sell it on to another Ranger owner.
Sponsored

RRRANGERXLT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RACE RED RANGER XLT, 2021 TESLA MODEL Y
#4 Just for the record. The Mustang Turbo boost gauge kit (available from several sources) will fit the Ranger. However, it is down deep on the drives side, and a bit hard to get to the MAP input. The main wiring harness grommet has enough room to fish a 1/4 inch plastic pipe through. All it takes is a small poke with an X-acto knife, but BE CAREFUL!

yes pictures please.....

runner69

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Transit bus mechanic, former Ford master tech
Vehicle Showcase
This is a bit off subject, but not by far.

#1 If you have a set of Metric sockets, and a short extension, you can install any of the after-market exhaust systems yourself! all you really need is a creeper, but a large piece of cardboard will do. Most of the on-line videos suggest you remove the rear muffler hanger, instead of the front one. But that is the way to do it! REMOVE the front! In fact, it shouldn't take you more than and hour, unless you're really inept! Took me just 35 minutes with nothing but the needed wrenches! Oh! The best after-market exhaust system? Contrary to popular belief, Ford'-sourced, Borla system (M-5200-RA SB/SC), is the best out there, if real-world Dyno testing means anything.

#2 Installed the Ford's performance upgrade (M-9603-REB) is a piece of cake. My local dealer wanted $200 to do so, but took me about 25 minutes to do it myself! If, that is, you follow the directions! If you need help, Ford's Performance guys in Detroit will help you Their on-line 800 and emails are readily obtained

#3 There are 3 difference intake upgrades that I know of. Ford Performance told me that the Roush is as good as any, and easiest to install. I can't speak for any others out there but the Roush installed in less than 30 minutes. My local dealer wanted 2 hours ($250!) to do the job.

#1, how much of a difference did the exhaust make?

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
Seriously looking at adding the FP tune. I have a new 2019 with 2700 miles on it. Is there a recommended break in before installing?

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
Seriously looking at adding the FP tune. I have a new 2019 with 2700 miles on it. Is there a recommended break in before installing?
I waited until the 3,500 mark just because.

Chattownranger

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanic
Mine will be here and installed Tuesday as long as UPS pulls through for me. Which may or may not happen because they are terrible at doing the one job they have to do. But I have 1400 miles on mine I bought new less than a month ago. Already did the ford leveling kit and tires. I am trying to reclaim some power robbed by the heavier new tires. I don’t think it matters on mileage. Also, I have ran 93 since new. I will let ya know how it goes Tuesday hopefully.

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
We're you running premium fuel before the install? Just changed to premium (91 octane) my last tank. Is the difference noticable?
I always run 91 octane. Yes the tune is very noticeable.

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
So one more question about the FP tune. 93 octane with 10% ethanol or 91 octane pure gas, and does it matter?
Sponsored