[Updated] Ranger Ford Performance Power Pack Performance Tune Software (M-9603-REB) Released!

Ranger17

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2019
Update* After a two weeks and two different dealers finally got the FPT done! ($230 dollars later). I have to say its well worth the wait. The truck purrrrs in the 20-50 mph zone. I drive a lot for work and I already had 14k miles on 5 month old truck, the truck definitely is broken in. This tune has brought new life to it. Only thing that is a little annoying is the non auto-off for the Procal. It randomly shuts off when the truck shuts off but not every time. Still the driving experience has been fantastic. Just ordered the AWE exhaust for it, the performance will have a little sound behind it now.

Thanks for the response Phil. Yea I had a feeling to look for another dealer to install it. I’ll call them tomorrow and hopefully they can just factory reset it and I can find a dealer that knows what there doing.

Still a little nervous after they called me and said the truck won’t start right now.
Sponsored

Fletch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger
Update* After a two weeks and two different dealers finally got the FPT done! ($230 dollars later). I have to say its well worth the wait. The truck purrrrs in the 20-50 mph zone. I drive a lot for work and I already had 14k miles on 5 month old truck, the truck definitely is broken in. This tune has brought new life to it. Only thing that is a little annoying is the non auto-off for the Procal. It randomly shuts off when the truck shuts off but not every time. Still the driving experience has been fantastic. Just ordered the AWE exhaust for it, the performance will have a little sound behind it now.
Why do you have the procal connected? What do you like about that? I installed the software and haven't connected it since.

Ranger17

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2019
Why do you have the procal connected? What do you like about that? I installed the software and haven't connected it since.
Wooooo, I thought you had to keep it connected to continue to run the tune? Or that's what the dealer told me at least.

RangersLeadTheWay

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Wooooo, I thought you had to keep it connected to continue to run the tune? Or that's what the dealer told me at least.
Yeah no reason to leave it plugged in after tune is applied. Thanks for the review!

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I was getting impatient to receive my kit from Levittown Ford Parts, which is now promising to receive more kits and send them out in early June. However, since some dealers do not seem to be up to speed yet, maybe my long wait is not necessarily a bad thing. Let them practice installing a few kits before taking up mine! For the members who have their kits installed already, thanks for the reviews (even though they are making me impatient all over again)!

dguffin

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Corsair, 19 Ranger, 12 Boss, 08 Zuma
Occupation
Shop Foreman
Vehicle Showcase
Was told by FRRP yesterday that they are working on a firmware update, which will let you leave the ProCal 4 plugged in and it will have auto shut off. A feature I would like for mine.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
I just ordered the FPP tune, 5/19/2020. Website said they expect shipping to take place in mid June. I am ok with that since I want to make sure the truck is fully broken in. Right now it has 1,044 miles on it. I'll be picking it up tomorrow from the body shop. (There was a problem with the paint and it is getting repainted from the front doors back, ugh!)
I plan on having the dealership do the install. Keeping the warranty is a factor for me. I mentioned it to the service writer when I dropped the truck off last week. He had not heard of the FPP tune before that. I hope they can handle it. Guess I'll cross that bridge next month.
I am never surprised as to what the dealer doesn't know and how much we know? from keeping up with this site. I live in a small town with a small dealership and when mine comes in it will be the first time they have done anything like it :) After reading the instructions I think they can handle it.

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
I am never surprised as to what the dealer doesn't know and how much we know? from keeping up with this site. I live in a small town with a small dealership and when mine comes in it will be the first time they have done anything like it :) After reading the instructions I think they can handle it.
I spoke with the service writer again yesterday. We spoke a bit more about the FPP tune and he said he knows just the guy to talk to. I took this as good news.
I'll post here with any pertinent news concerning the tune and it's installation.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
I'm wondering if there is more documentation than the instructions .pdf you can download off Ford Performance...it would seem there has to be. And if I didn't post it somewhere else in the 26 pages of this topic the Ford Performance "supervisor" I exchanged emails with estimated it would take the dealer an hour to do the install.

Socalnative

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Construction superintendent
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sayin' it now. There is NO way California will allow that hahaha
It’s actually legal in all 50 states! I’ve looking into and debating whether the extra cost in premium fuel/mpg hit is worth the upgrades

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It’s actually legal in all 50 states! I’ve looking into and debating whether the extra cost in premium fuel/mpg hit is worth the upgrades
Yep, 50 State legal. I ordered mine last week. $624 bucks (plus installation) for 45ish horsepower and 60ish lb/ft of torque is worth it for me. I run 91 octane in all of my vehicles anyway. Plus I can adjust for larger diameter tires after I wear out the OEM's and do away with the "skip shift" for better driveability. I'll probably do a "straight thru" muffler as well then call it good.

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, 50 State legal. I ordered mine last week. $624 bucks (plus installation) for 45ish horsepower and 60ish lb/ft of torque is worth it for me. I run 91 octane in all of my vehicles anyway. Plus I can adjust for larger diameter tires after I wear out the OEM's and do away with the "skip shift" for better driveability. I'll probably do a "straight thru" muffler as well then call it good.
Is there a huge cost difference where you are between 91 and 93?

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
93 Octane is not available in South Kalifornikstan. We have 87, 89, and 91 at the pump.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
93 Octane is not available in South Kalifornikstan. We have 87, 89, and 91 at the pump.
Lucky you, here in Colorado we have 85, 87 and 91.
Between 91 and 93 there will be a difference but it will be marginal. Regardless of any tune you get the EcoBoost engines love premium fuel.

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
91 octane in CA will cost more then premium in any other state whether it be 92 or 93... etc.
Sponsored