First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
I wish people would quit saying that manufacturers are removing items to save money when in reality its a supply chain issue. With todays market in new vehicles, manufactures are not loosing money. Would you rather the vehicle sit in a lot for 3 months waiting for a $30 nonessential part?
Possibly, but the retired Ford engineer who belongs to this board has said several times that people at Ford get bonuses for finding ways to save money and improve profits, which can include finding things to stop including on vehicles that buyers won't miss.
Sponsored

VoodooRanger

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
So you got the same truck, that you already loved, and traded for one in the color you prefer. Sounds to me like an absolute win. Hope the new truck is even better!

Scman

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Tremor
I've had my Ranger Lariat Tremor a little less than a year. When I bought it the color black was the only available color at launch. Not a fan of black (especially in Texas heat). It's hard to keep clean, minor scratches from even hand washing show up, even with a ceramic coat. Drove into the dealership just to look around at the new full-sized Broncos. While Iooking manager remembers me from prior, asked how my truck was. I said, "love it, if I ever had any complaint is the color, wish I had another color option when I bought it." He says, "lets put you in a color you want then."

Long story short I have the exact same Tremor ordered, copied it from the sticker, identical to what I have except color and it will be a 2022 instead of 2021. I actually made money on the truck, $O down, lower financing rate, and lower payment. Expected deliver is minimum 3 weeks, 10 weeks max. (crossing fingers).

I feel like I bought a sweater, wore it for a year, and returned it because I didn't like the color. Used cars are in incredible demand right now.

Congratulations!
The dealer placed my order for my XLT Tremor on 12/2/2021 and I got it on 3/8/2022. They told me 6-8 weeks but it was worth the wait.

Scman

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Tremor
Not too bad of a wait
No it was not except I assumed it would arrive in mid February so I sold my other car at beginning of February. We were down to one car for a few weeks. ? They have a website you can track the progress once they issue a vin. It’s not very detailed but helps.

OP
OP
Brad-Dallas

Brad-Dallas

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor - Black
I wish people would quit saying that manufacturers are removing items to save money when in reality its a supply chain issue. With todays market in new vehicles, manufactures are not loosing money. Would you rather the vehicle sit in a lot for 3 months waiting for a $30 nonessential part?
Found out the 2022 Tremor keeps
Ordered mine 1/20 Build week is 4/4.
I just received notice today that they are starting May 16th build. Ordered it 3/20.

334C9EA7-6B04-4B33-9822-8464C4397AF4.jpeg

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Possibly, but the retired Ford engineer who belongs to this board has said several times that people at Ford get bonuses for finding ways to save money and improve profits, which can include finding things to stop including on vehicles that buyers won't miss.
And you think that's different from any other company, how?

It's like some you of you folks have been asleep for the last 2 years. When you shut down the economy for 2 years there are consequences.

Missing a light on a useless display, or having steel vs aluminum knuckles, or missing springs on a headrest are small prices to pay to be able to purchase a truck.

mailbox4449

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure yet
I agree on the supply chain, however if the manufacturer is removing or eliminating an option/feature that was originally to be in the truck, the customer should have say. Or at least be compensated for that change or delay in the installation. These are unique times, and I DO understand the issues in the manufacturing process, just looking for a "fair" deal if something has changed along the way. :fingerscrossed:

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
I agree on the supply chain, however if the manufacturer is removing or eliminating an option/feature that was originally to be in the truck, the customer should have say. Or at least be compensated for that change or delay in the installation. These are unique times, and I DO understand the issues in the manufacturing process, just looking for a "fair" deal if something has changed along the way. :fingerscrossed:
You do have an option. Don't like it, don't buy it?

If a lighted PRNDS that doesn't indicate a damn thing is important to you, look for it in the test drive. Do you really expect Ford to cut you a $.33 break on a vehicle because they left out a completely useless part?

It's as close to a free country as we can get. Don't like it? Don't buy it?

Nobody here was strong armed into buying g a Ranger.

Jackpot Tremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor 4x4
Occupation
Self Employed

If a lighted PRNDS that doesn't indicate a damn thing is important to you, look for it in the test drive. Do you really expect Ford to cut you a $.33 break on a vehicle because they left out a completely useless part?

I completely agree!....if you don't like it, don't but it!........and if you really have to have something (like the rear folding headrests) then do what I did and BUY IT YOURSELF.....I did the "folding headrest mod" and love it!.....I don't "miss the other non-essential stuff

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
I completely agree!....if you don't like it, don't but it!........and if you really have to have something (like the rear folding headrests) then do what I did and BUY IT YOURSELF.....I did the "folding headrest mod" and love it!.....I don't "miss the other non-essential stuff
That's the only thing I slightly miss on my '20. But I knew that going in and I know how to "fix" it if I ever want to.

mailbox4449

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure yet

When I made this statement, I was speaking in regards to major features (ie power windows, heated seats, radio, etc.) I myself could care less about a lit PRNDS, or a missing ECOBOOST badge. The major things I "ORDERED" for the vehicle should be there. I agree, if those features are not on it...I WILL WALK. I would even pay more from another manufacturer if I get what I am ordering. ;)

OP
OP
Brad-Dallas

Brad-Dallas

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor - Black
When I made this statement, I was speaking in regards to major features (ie power windows, heated seats, radio, etc.) I myself could care less about a lit PRNDS, or a missing ECOBOOST badge. The major things I "ORDERED" for the vehicle should be there. I agree, if those features are not on it...I WILL WALK. I would even pay more from another manufacturer if I get what I am ordering. ;)
Ya mean the “eco-boost” badge on yer tailgate isn’t a game changer for you? …. Lol ?
Sponsored