First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Service
Cramped? Sounds like a "big boned" kind of family.
LOL. No regular size people. Not “Big Boned” or “Fully Figured”. What started the hunt for the F150? The pies would not fit under the seat like before on way to family Thanksgiving. Kids had to hold them all on lap. Not kidding…
Sponsored

OP
OP

Pinbalz

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Don’t know if I’d say “upgrade”

f150 is a different vehicle than a ranger. Different use case.

Would you consider an f550 an upgrade just because it’s bigger? Maybe a peterbuilt?

is a suburban an upgrade over a corvette ?

I think most people driving a Ranger could switch to an f150 and they could make that a cost neutral transaction. I certainly don’t think it’s an upgrade. Downgrade in a lot of ways.
The F150 is an upgrade for us. Much more room now, much better and quieter ride. Ranger Tremor was awesome, but it is not the size of nor as well built in my opinion as the F150. Reliability wise the Ranger (like most of my Fords) was rock solid. No issues at all. It’s just a different truck for different needs. I thought we could swing it in a fully loaded Ranger. We could not. Camping not enough room and not the same room for day trips either. If it were just me? Perfect truck. Love the new F150, Loved and miss the Ranger too.

OP
OP

Pinbalz

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
I think its an upgrade because it fits his family better and he likes it more better-er because of that.
If he thinks it's an upgrade for whatever reason, then it is an upgrade.

Congrats on the upgrade...enjoy to the fullest!
Bingo and thank you!

OP
OP

Pinbalz

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Irregardless if it's bigger or smaller, Ford doesn't put nearly the engineering and thought into the Ranger that they do to the F series. If you think the F series is a downgrade to the Ranger, so be it. Coming from the Ford engineering community, I don't agree. At least a Peterbuilt has heat in the drivers foot well. Just sayin'.
Agree with this. The heat is much better in the F150.

OP
OP

Pinbalz

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Might be my next move... :)

Did you buy a new F150 or used. What trim did you get?
Brand new. Atlas Blue XLT loaded nicely. 302a, 20” tires, towing, etc. Off the lot. Did not realize it was the F150s 75th year so it came with that windshield and some neat graphics on the huge screen inside. I am happy with it.

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
Congrats! And you don't have to justify your choice to weirdos on the internet. You like it, it fits your family, buy it.

NeilP

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor (SOLD 12-14-2023)
Occupation
RETIRED!
Even left the engine cover, mudflaps, and bug shield on. 4,712 miles on just under 2 years. Still has a year left of factory warranty for the next buyer. Upgraded back to a F150. Kids and wife said they were too cramped. Going to miss it! It is up at Echelon Ford in NJ certified pre-owned.
I did the same thing about 10 days ago. I stepped away from Ford (the local dealer is not user friendly) and went with a 24 GMC Sierra 1500 (X31) Crew Cab diesel. My Ranger Tremor had 477 miles on it after 14 months. I just felt cramped inside and the MPG (17) wasn't where I felt it should be for a 4 cyl turbo considering that my 24 Jeep Sahara with the 4 cyl turbo gets 23 and it is built like a brick.

I kept a bunch of the easily removable add-on parts and have recovered about $600 already. I have quite a few things left if anyone is interested. DM me for a list of things.

If there is anyone interested in the Tremor it is sitting on the lot at Spearfish GMC Cadillac.

NeilP

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED!
Brand new. Atlas Blue XLT loaded nicely. 302a, 20” tires, towing, etc. Off the lot. Did not realize it was the F150s 75th year so it came with that windshield and some neat graphics on the huge screen inside. I am happy with it.
Congrats on the new ride.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I did the same thing about 10 days ago. I stepped away from Ford (the local dealer is not user friendly) and went with a 24 GMC Sierra 1500 (X31) Crew Cab diesel. My Ranger Tremor had 477 miles on it after 14 months. I just felt cramped inside and the MPG (17) wasn't where I felt it should be for a 4 cyl turbo considering that my 24 Jeep Sahara with the 4 cyl turbo gets 23 and it is built like a brick.

I kept a bunch of the easily removable add-on parts and have recovered about $600 already. I have quite a few things left if anyone is interested. DM me for a list of things.

If there is anyone interested in the Tremor it is sitting on the lot at Spearfish GMC Cadillac.
You only drove it for one tankful? My milage improved as the miles added up.

NeilP

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED!

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
People who think the 5G Ranger is small and cramped must have never driven a 4G Ranger, or an early model F150 from the 90's or before.

lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Occupation
student
People who think the 5G Ranger is small and cramped must have never driven a 4G Ranger, or an early model F150 from the 90's or before.
I think the Ranger is a perfect size - not too big like the Raptor and not too small to easily fit in parking spots. With a lift and wheels, it feels like a real truck, especially offroad. As much as I like the current Raptor, it's really big.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
I think the Ranger is a perfect size - not too big like the Raptor and not too small to easily fit in parking spots. With a lift and wheels, it feels like a real truck, especially offroad. As much as I like the current Raptor, it's really big.
I agree, but many times I think my SCREW cab is too much for me, as I rarely have passengers. I kinda wish I went for the SCAB and gained a foot of bed, which would have benefited my needs better.
Sponsored