Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
One more point in favor of the Undercover full covers:
I could stand on it! ~220lbs​
I went with an Undercover Flip this time, as removing the cover needs 2 ppl and my son graduates soon... and my wife hated helping! ?
I do not plan to try standing on my Flip cover.
Sponsored

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Damn! That looks sharp! Both of my trucks were/are white with black covers, as I did not think a white cover would look good. I was way off that looks really nice!

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
xracer128

xracer128

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
xracer128

how has the texured finished held up to the sun and elements? has it faded or looks weathered any? I'm still thinking about getting one of these but undecided from painted or textured. Also is it still leak free?
Has held up perfectly. I use Chemical Brothers on it to clean, and no leaks!

cocheese72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab
Occupation
IT
Negatives are you need a separate key, where the others lock via tailgate. Two person to remove. And trifolds would be easy to transport tall items if you do that frequently. Pros are that it won't leak. Comes with LED light inside and grab handle. Comes with hooks to hang on wall. Keeps your items secure.
1607300935550.png

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
Yeah got the leer trifold now I’ve never had it off to transport anything oversized and it leaks in the front corners and I can’t even handle it myself because the panels are oversized and it weights about 80 lbs. joys of having a bad back. I mainly need something that is more water resistance than what I have now and the undercover looks like it fits the bill.

so to anyone who’s had the undercover delivered is it delivered via truck freight on a pallet?

cocheese72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Yeah got the leer trifold now I’ve never had it off to transport anything oversized and it leaks in the front corners and I can’t even handle it myself because the panels are oversized and it weights about 80 lbs. joys of having a bad back. I mainly need something that is more water resistance than what I have now and the undercover looks like it fits the bill.

so to anyone who’s had the undercover delivered is it delivered via truck freight on a pallet?
It was not on a pallet. Box is made to be one side down at all times, depending on the care of delivery, it could be banged around and a lot of abuse on the bottom side. Definitely could use more protection within the box. Just so you know.

gotwheels

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I have the Undercover Elite, Wish it had remote lock using truck remote.
Other than that, it's perfect for my needs.

cocheese72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
My undercover elite keeps shifting somewhat on one side of the back clamps. Over time it will move enough where the locks won't engage correctly. I have reset the offending clamp multiple times, but continues to move. It must not clamp well and it will slide forward somewhat causing alignment issues.

Company told me clamps could be bent, but they do not appear so. Anyone else had that occur? I am considering applying some double sided tape or running a bolt through it to get it to stop moving. Seems to only be one of the mount points.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
My undercover elite keeps shifting somewhat on one side of the back clamps. Over time it will move enough where the locks won't engage correctly. I have reset the offending clamp multiple times, but continues to move. It must not clamp well and it will slide forward somewhat causing alignment issues.

Company told me clamps could be bent, but they do not appear so. Anyone else had that occur? I am considering applying some double sided tape or running a bolt through it to get it to stop moving. Seems to only be one of the mount points.
I have similar issues with my ARE Topper - one side shifts. I think it comes down to the quantity and quality of the anchor points. There are four cheesy clamps on my topper but the rifle cases on my roof rack have six t-slot fasteners each. Maybe I need to raise my topper, drill out the rail caps in just the right places and have three to four mounting points per side.

Not sure how your Undercover Elite mounts but if it’s a permanent fixture, maybe this approach will work for you too.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
I have similar issues with my ARE Topper - one side shifts. I think it comes down to the quantity and quality of the anchor points. There are four cheesy clamps on my topper but the rifle cases on my roof rack have six t-slot fasteners each. Maybe I need to raise my topper, drill out the rail caps in just the right places and have three to four mounting points per side.

Not sure how your Undercover Elite mounts but if it’s a permanent fixture, maybe this approach will work for you too.
It’s removable ..
Sponsored