Sktam

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tech
Overall the seats are comfortable but I feel like they’re made for wider people. They don’t hug you very well. Sometimes I feel like I’m on the seat and not in it.
Sponsored

OP
OP

nbeninati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Ranger Lariat
Overall the seats are comfortable but I feel like they’re made for wider people. They don’t hug you very well. Sometimes I feel like I’m on the seat and not in it.
Could be I’m short and skinny. Lol

How do you go from "I need a truck"... to... "I bought a Tesla?"

Does it have a trailer hitch? What am I missing?
Yes it has a hitch. I didn’t use the truck to work so I can use a car. If I need to use a truck before I buy a new one I can always rent/borrow one…

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Bought my ranger last week. So far it is the most uncomfortable vehicle I have ever been in or owned. During the test drives it seemed fine but after driving 30+ mins at a time it is just the worst.

I can not for the life of me find a comfortable seating position at all.

The suspension is like I am riding around a in a bounce house. I have never been in a vehicle so bouncy. Something else I did not notice when test driving.

Anyone else have these issues? I can deal with the bounciness but the uncomfortable seat might just make me get rid of it.

Lariat supercrew leather 2WD

:(
The bounce is easily corrected for minimal money. You can buy a set of Eibach or Bilstein rear shocks for right at $200 and you will notice from this minimal upgrade a world of difference.

Edit: Damn I responded to a two year old post =/

I run my 33" Toyo OC2 's at 36psi cold.

Much like @Msfitoy I am hauling around daily weight out of the norm.

Sktam

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tech
Could be I’m short and skinny. Lol

Yes it has a hitch. I didn’t use the truck to work so I can use a car. If I need to use a truck before I buy a new one I can always rent/borrow one…
Thats funny, I as In between either this car or the model y. But I needed More trunk space.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
I am going to have to add my vote for comfortable also, 6'2" 190#, drove 200 miles non-stop the other day and it was fine for me. No one seat can feel perfect for every body type, I had to put new seats in my RV as they were killing me after 2-3 hours, now I can drive all day. Hope you get it worked out. I will add better shocks to the back to cut down on the bounce as I don't carry heavy loads or tow with it often.

JKocot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4, 2018 Explorer Sport
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer/Former Marine
My two cents. I have a Lariat. I have no real complaints on comfort, but my driver side seat cover was recently replaced because of the saggy leather on the one from the factory. For what ever reason I think the seat is now more comfortable now with the replacement. Also - I had a loaner XLT SuperCrew while they had the truck and I can say, I think the cloth XLT seats were more comfortable then my Lariat seats. But I have taken my truck on a few three hour trips and can say I was never really uncomfortable.

XL GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger STX
Occupation
Civil Engineering Firm
Uncomfortable? Holy sh*t, after driving some older Mack and other large trucks and equipment some years back that the suspension felt like you were riding a sawhorse and a seating position that felt like you were sitting on a framing square, I've never complained about any seat, ever. Compared to that abuse, these Ranger seats feel like sitting in a recliner. (But without the mixed drinks).

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Every single person who has ever ridden in my truck comments on how comfortable it is.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
The bounce is easily corrected for minimal money. You can buy a set of Eibach or Bilstein rear shocks for right at $200 and you will notice from this minimal upgrade a world of difference.
He did that..

As far as the "Bounce" issue. I bought the rear shocks from Eibach and the bounce issue was solved. Highly recommend.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Bought my ranger last week. So far it is the most uncomfortable vehicle I have ever been in or owned. During the test drives it seemed fine but after driving 30+ mins at a time it is just the worst.

I can not for the life of me find a comfortable seating position at all.

The suspension is like I am riding around a in a bounce house. I have never been in a vehicle so bouncy. Something else I did not notice when test driving.

Anyone else have these issues? I can deal with the bounciness but the uncomfortable seat might just make me get rid of it.

Lariat supercrew leather 2WD

:(
What's your driving style like?