Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 2WD in Magnetic
Occupation
Retired
I don't like the position of the cupholders. Also the storage bin is small
I agree. The front seat cup holders are a little too far towards the rear for convenient use.
I have the seat all the way back and can't imagine how difficult it is for someone with the seat forward to reach a cup in the rear most holder position

UncleBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 2WD in Magnetic
Occupation
Retired
The only reason I have the sliding rear window is because it came with it. Either because is was standard on the Lariat, or was included with one of the packages I wanted for other features (I can't remember which). If I would have had the option ] to remove from the build, I would have done that (I built mine to order and had to wait for it.).

Now, if they had offered a Sport Trac style power rear window, I would have jumped on that in a heartbeat. If anyone ever offers a like style one in the after market, I would give serious consideration of getting one.

Last edited:

Mustangman02232

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 ranger
As small as the mirrors/truck is i very rarely fold them in, on my f350 I did all the time though

The rear window I personally don’t care about, the truck has ac for a reason, something quite a few of my old vehicles lacked and I take full advantage of it now

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
As small as the mirrors/truck is i very rarely fold them in, on my f350 I did all the time though

The rear window I personally don’t care about, the truck has ac for a reason, something quite a few of my old vehicles lacked and I take full advantage of it now

Small world.... just noticed you're from Chicopee MA,I'm originally from Wilbraham.

Mustangman02232

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 ranger
Small world.... just noticed you're from Chicopee MA,I'm originally from Wilbraham.
I’m actually originally from Ludlow, moved to Chicopee several years ago and just recently moved up to Amesbury to be closer to family in southern maine

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
You mean people don't still have the transition lenses in their glasses? haha I really love that feature on my glasses! But the more I think about it, the less people I see out in the world with them.

As far as the auto 4WD, that would actually be a really nice option, basically just for the winter though. If they offered it, I would probably get it, but since they don't, whatever, I'll survive.
I have them(transition lenses)! :)

fordyken

First Name
ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat sport 501a
Occupation
Orange County fleet maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Let me start out by saying I absolutely LOVE my Ranger Lariat! I won’t discuss here the things I wish it had that were not available on even the top of the line Ranger. HOWEVER, there are two features it DOES have that are pretty much useless as they came out from the factory.
  1. The Fold-in Mirrors – Why would they design these to where the switch has to be ON for the mirror button to have power? By the time I remember to fold them in, it’s after the switch is already off, and I am out of the truck. I can’t even open the door and reach in to push the button to fold them in. Ideally, this should have been designed with an option to fold them in by default every time the switch is turned off. Either way, the button should be full time powered, even with the ignition off.
  2. The Sliding Back Window – After driving a Sport Trac for 13 years with a wide, full opening top to bottom electric window, that could be opened or closed while going down the highway, this tiny, square, manually sliding window, is useless to me. I don’t foresee a time when I will ever be driving down the interstate and decide I want to open it, pull over to the side of the road, get out, get in the back seat, and open the window manually. This window should have been designed with the convenience of an electric switch to be used from the driver’s seat.
I could write multiple pages on what I LIKE about my Ranger, but, after driving it for a month, these are about the only two things that I could find that are REAL shortcomings in my opinion. Thanks for the opportunity to have a place to vent!
I totally agree !!!

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
After reading this thread I decide to look at back windows of pickups I've seen the last few days and I noticed a lot - perhaps 50% have those cute little sliding windows. Not sure the one I have will be of much if any use and the back window has defrost elements.

agree regards the folding mirrors not having power independent of the accessory switch.

1st vehicle I've owned with the co pilot type stuff, have always arranged the side mirrors so can see vehicles in the blind spot, it's the same with the Ranger, I see the vehicle so really how useful is that blind spot light in the mirror ?

OP
OP
GaryMc

GaryMc

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat RWD, 2019 Lincoln Nautilus
Occupation
Retired
After reading this thread I decide to look at back windows of pickups I've seen the last few days and I noticed a lot - perhaps 50% have those cute little sliding windows. Not sure the one I have will be of much if any use and the back window has defrost elements.

agree regards the folding mirrors not having power independent of the accessory switch.

1st vehicle I've owned with the co pilot type stuff, have always arranged the side mirrors so can see vehicles in the blind spot, it's the same with the Ranger, I see the vehicle so really how useful is that blind spot light in the mirror ?
Yes, it's the first vehicle I have owned for myself that has that feature (my wife has had that available in her last 2 vehicles), and let me tell you, as I've gotten older, and my neck and spine have gotten stiffer, I can definitely appreciate the blind spot sensors more than I would have in my younger days. Now All I have to do is get accustomed to using, and paying attention to, the little yellow light in the mirror.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Yes, it's the first vehicle I have owned for myself that has that feature (my wife has had that available in her last 2 vehicles), and let me tell you, as I've gotten older, and my neck and spine have gotten stiffer, I can definitely appreciate the blind spot sensors more than I would have in my younger days. Now All I have to do is get accustomed to using, and paying attention to, the little yellow light in the mirror.
The worst thing about the Ford implementation is that it's just a little light on the mirror. Other cars I've driven have a bigger indicator and a sound, which is a lot harder to miss.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
The worst thing about the Ford implementation is that it's just a little light on the mirror. Other cars I've driven have a bigger indicator and a sound, which is a lot harder to miss.
yes I was hoping there was an option to turn on a beep or something, same thing with the lane departure warning, if I'm driving on pavement that has some cracks or roughness I've not been able to discern that from the vibration in the steering wheel.

I do really like the adaptive cruise control.

OP
OP
GaryMc

GaryMc

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat RWD, 2019 Lincoln Nautilus
Occupation
Retired
yes I was hoping there was an option to turn on a beep or something, same thing with the lane departure warning, if I'm driving on pavement that has some cracks or roughness I've not been able to discern that from the vibration in the steering wheel.

I do really like the adaptive cruise control.
Amen on the adaptive cruise! That, along with the lane keeping function and the automatic braking makes driving this thing down the interstate almost effortless. It's not quite as decked out as my wife's Lincoln Nautilus, but then I wouldn't expect a Ford truck to be, but it's REAL close!

Deleted member 1634

My tranition lenses don't work through glass -- i.e. they don't work while driving... :(
None of them work through glass, or at least the types of glass that block solar radiation, which is what makes the transitions change shade. I have a set of cheap clip-ons that I leave in the truck at all times. That way I just clip those on my glasses when I'm driving on bright days, and take them off and leave in the truck when I get to my destination. Pretty easy and simple once you get the habit down, and since I've been doing this since I was 12 learning how to drive, it's purely subconscious at this point.
Sponsored