First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Me too,2017 DCSB sport 4x4. Im going to keep it for the wife to use (she likes it). I wasnt liking seat comfort,differential whine and crazy trans shift points due to lack of low rpm torque. Also the dealer saying they are all like that or its normal? Not a terrible truck but I couldnt get over the driveability issues.

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
I still have my 17 Taco sport and havent drove it in 5 months. Took it for a ride yesterday and it sounded like the rear window was open (wind noise),the taco trans actually shifts very smooth but will drive me nuts with up and down shifting. Of course I hit my head first time getting in it and the seat is still uncomfortable and the rear is still noisy, the power and drivability differences are MONUMEMENTAL!!!!!!! That saying it has some good things like power rear window,handles well and brakes have consistant boost and ride is firm but nice with no Ranger wiggle/wobble.Well im good with another ride is 5 more months but the Ranger is the one for me. Bret

Ranger Danger

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger FX-4 Off-Road BLK PKG Cactus Gray
Occupation
Stay at home puppy daddy
Saw this on my way home, they haven't traded it in, just bought a bed spoiler instead :puke:
IMG_1514.jpg

EF78C1FF-EBAC-4346-ABC0-3933E1E9EB80.JPG

Last edited:

Foxone

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
18 Tundra Limited, no regrets...

Foxone

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
When Toyota comes out with a turbo tacoma that gets decent mpg, they will be back in the running.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
We traded in our 2002 Tacoma for our 2019 Ranger. Our Tacoma was the best vehicle we have ever owned. 177,000 trouble free miles. It still had the original factory installed clutch and brakes. Zero issues.

NOVA_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I can only speak to the 'GEN2' Tacoma but they are great trucks, just somewhat outdated and lacking a lot of the creature comforts found in vehicles like the Ranger. I had my eye on a "GEN3" Tacoma as my next truck but after hearing owner reports on other forums I never even bothered looking at one in person. I'm sure they're good trucks too but the Ranger covered everything that my 'GEN2' was lacking so I opted to go that route. No regrets with my decision so far and I hope it stays that way.

JimG_AZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
The Gen 2 Taco’s are great trucks. I wouldn’t mind getting a Ranger, but it is not worth the car payment. My 2011 Tacoma runs great, needs no work, does everything I need it to do and it’s paid for. My son keeps asking for to give him the Tacoma. Eventually I probably will.

On the Gen 3 Tacoma’s, Toyota should really turbo charge the 2.7 4 cylinder and bring back the 4.0l v6. The 4.0 has awesome reliability and decent performance. The only negative to the 4.0 is that it is a thirsty motor.

Mick Carlson

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Yeah, we love our 2007 Tacoma. It’s dead on reliable and a good looking truck. It’s simply not in the same class as the Ranger. But it’s a great farm truck and we appreciate it for what it is. Tows the horse trailer, always starts right up. My Ranger is so comfortable, efficient, and does everything the Tacoma can do plus more. It’s the best purchase I’ve made.
Sponsored