First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
Why is a truck with a back country off road vibe named after a sketchy mostly industrial urban center?
Sponsored

JimG_AZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Why is a truck with a back country off road vibe named after a sketchy mostly industrial urban center?
Who knows, but it is not like Tacoma is in the middle of the Great Plaines. I seem to remember the place as being wooded and you can see Mt Rainier.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Cause it's Japanese? Everything is back country to them, they have like 2 square miles for themselves.

MarioCart

Banned
Banned
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Occupation
Employed
Never owned one. Never drove one.
But I know plenty of people who have one and they fawn over them like they are built of platinum and gold.
Worked with a guy who recently got rear ended in his. They elected to fix it instead of write it off. It was $800 difference in price. Guy was pissed they didnt write it off. It was beat pretty bad.
He has a Colorado as a rental and hates it. Says a lot about the chevy when someone likes a taco better.

JimG_AZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Never owned one. Never drove one.
But I know plenty of people who have one and they fawn over them like they are built of platinum and gold.
Worked with a guy who recently got rear ended in his. They elected to fix it instead of write it off. It was $800 difference in price. Guy was pissed they didnt write it off. It was beat pretty bad.
He has a Colorado as a rental and hates it. Says a lot about the chevy when someone likes a taco better.
I don't know how things like this work up in Canada, but in the USA he could have settled with the insurance company for the cash to repair the Taco and then sold the truck as salvage. It would have taken a little but of work, but he would certainly have come out ahead.

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
Who knows, but it is not like Tacoma is in the middle of the Great Plaines. I seem to remember the place as being wooded and you can see Mt Rainier.
You haven't been there in the past couple of decades?

MarioCart

Banned
Banned
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Occupation
Employed
I don't know how things like this work up in Canada, but in the USA he could have settled with the insurance company for the cash to repair the Taco and then sold the truck as salvage. It would have taken a little but of work, but he would certainly have come out ahead.
its possible as I understand.
But i don't know the hoops one has to navigate with a provincial insurance provider.
He did ask, they denied the total loss. So I am assuming its not an easy task to overturn it.

Danny RN

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Retired Army/Registered Nurse.
I had a 2014 Taco Off Road. Good - Resale. Bad - I am 6'3 and it was so uncomfortable. I would sit and I was looking through the shaded part of the windshield. I actually got claustrophobic in it. When I would pull up to stop lights I would have to bend my head down to see the light. Ranger is better in really every way. Wasn't any more reliable than my Ranger.
Sponsored