Turbosmart Kompact

Wayne Kubeck

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Has anyone tried this over the GFB DV+? I'd like a replacement rather than modifying the factory part. I did install a gfb dv+ in my 2017 Fusion Sport and liked the results but if I wanted to go back to stock id have to replace the whole unit.
Sponsored

Elnegro

First Name
Eathren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 2.3 ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone tried this over the GFB DV+? I'd like a replacement rather than modifying the factory part. I did install a gfb dv+ in my 2017 Fusion Sport and liked the results but if I wanted to go back to stock id have to replace the whole unit.
I purchased this Turbosmart atmospheric BOV two weeks ago, makes a nice blow off, and I kept the OE incase I ever need to pop it back in for whatever reason. Happy with the purchase

44163A5A-EEB3-455F-844B-1F0C963F1D1B.png

03svt

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 / 2013 Raptor supercab
I've had mine on since a couple weeks ago too and keep mashing the go pedal to hear the blow off lol my MPG's dropped a couple. +1 on retaining the stocker, I keep mine under the back seat. It is a nice piece but I live in the Northeast and wonder how this thing will hold up in the freezing weather.

Elnegro

First Name
Eathren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’m almost sure it will be fine in cold weather, turbos love cold weather, however super hard freezes depending on how north you are could possibly cause some sticking of the piston if there is enough moisture. I dunno, let us know if an issue arises for sure.

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
Is there a performance improvements or mostly just the BOV sound?

Kiran04

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
What exactly does the Turbosmart improve other than sound?

Elnegro

First Name
Eathren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Having the atmospheric bov over the plumb back bov is mostly just to have the sound, but a bov in general plumb back or atmospheric, releases the built up boost pressure when you let out of the throttle, boost with nowhere to go can cause damages. An upgraded bov from stock is only necessary if you’re going to be using boost pressures higher than stock tune. I will be purchasing the tune and other performance parts increasing boost and so on so the upgraded bov was a good to do on the list of purchases. Plus it sounds cool, haha

OP
OP

Wayne Kubeck

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I was planning on using the non vent to air one as I didn't care about the turbo noise. I liked the way the GFB DV+ would help hold boost at low speeds and want to replicate that in the truck without destroying the stock one.

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
I always thought the recirculating BOV was for if you have a MAF sensor and external BOV was for if you have a MAP sensor. I don't know which the Ranger uses. New cars are so fancy these days my knowledge could be a couple decades outdated.

Elnegro

First Name
Eathren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I always thought the recirculating BOV was for if you have a MAF sensor and external BOV was for if you have a MAP sensor. I don't know which the Ranger uses. New cars are so fancy these days my knowledge could be a couple decades outdated.
I’m not sure, I got the dual port turbosmart bov so it plumbs back until higher boost levels where the atmos dump would be best. It’s not near as loud as my friends boomba full atmos bov, which tbh is cool at first but can be a little annoying. Lol

ColoRanger

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I just vented to factory BOV to atmosphere. $3.99 bolt tightened plug from autozone for the factory vent tube to keep debris out, and now a nice swoosh blow off sound. Zip tied the vent tube to the side and we are good.

42787E1E-E9CF-4868-A8F9-F960036807A7.jpeg

9C6EB6B1-D6B7-4FBE-AA6A-8B034B2110FA.jpeg

paquete305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Hi all,

I just installed the dual port Turbosmart BOV and am hearing a noise upon acceleration that I can't remember being there from before I installed this. It's almost like a "whooshing" sound (not the sneezing sound when you let off gas which I know is normal). Thinking that something might be loose, I checked the bolts that hold on the BOV and everything is nice and snug.

Does anyone else have this noise? Aside from the BOV, I'm 100% stock on with a 2019 XLT FX4 with ~9,500 miles on it. I'm including a video below where the sound is audible.

The sound starts at around 2:14 in the following video: video of the sound.

I'm going to swap the stock piece back this weekend to see if the noise has always been there or if it is new with the bov.

BeardedBlunder1

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
Terminal operator
Hi all,

I just installed the dual port Turbosmart BOV and am hearing a noise upon acceleration that I can't remember being there from before I installed this. It's almost like a "whooshing" sound (not the sneezing sound when you let off gas which I know is normal). Thinking that something might be loose, I checked the bolts that hold on the BOV and everything is nice and snug.

Does anyone else have this noise? Aside from the BOV, I'm 100% stock on with a 2019 XLT FX4 with ~9,500 miles on it. I'm including a video below where the sound is audible.

I'm going to swap the stock piece back this weekend to see if the noise has always been there or if it is new with the bov.
Hey, I have the exact same noise, did you ever figure out what it is?

clowd9

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Occupation
Geologist
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all,

Hey, I have the exact same noise, did you ever figure out what it is?
Did either of you figure this out? I installed yesterday and notice I have the same noise now at low boost conditions, mainly in 8th gear. Thanks.

DerangedPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Vehicle Showcase
I have one installed and you shouldn't hear anything while on the gas at low boost. The main thing I can think of is making sure you didn't forget to install the o-ring at the base or that the o-ring didn't fall out of its groove when installed. I used a little grease on the ring to make sure it sealed.

The only other thing that could be wrong is if you forgot to plug it in or the connection isn't correct. If that's the case, the boost may just leak out the recirculation tube and you'd hear it from the airbox?
Sponsored