Turbosmart Dual Port BOV

JeffCJ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Tagging @FULLSCALE since he asked for an update on this.

Installed the Turbosmart Dual Port BOV yesterday. Install was (as expected) a quick and painless process. As far as the BOV venting noise is concerned--I'm really quite pleased. I hear it from time to time during normal driving, but it is generally quiet just casually driving around town. When you can hear it the noise is easily covered by the radio at a reasonable volume. A quick push of the go-pedal, building boost, and immediately letting up consistently makes it make some noise. I'm happy with it. I'm not sure I buy into the benefits of an aftermarket BOV (other than the "fun sound") but it is fun to play with when you want and pretty unobtrusive when you just want to drive.
Sponsored

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Tagging @FULLSCALE since he asked for an update on this.

Installed the Turbosmart Dual Port BOV yesterday. Install was (as expected) a quick and painless process. As far as the BOV venting noise is concerned--I'm really quite pleased. I hear it from time to time during normal driving, but it is generally quiet just casually driving around town. When you can hear it the noise is easily covered by the radio at a reasonable volume. A quick push of the go-pedal, building boost, and immediately letting up consistently makes it make some noise. I'm happy with it. I'm not sure I buy into the benefits of an aftermarket BOV (other than the "fun sound") but it is fun to play with when you want and pretty unobtrusive when you just want to drive.
Thanks! That’s exactly what I was hoping to hear.

dangerranger16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Anyone know of a decent in cabin video of this valve? I’m interested but would like to get an idea first. Thanks!

Trey1940

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 Sport
Two questions:
What's the performance advantage?
Does this void your warranty?

https://www.turbosmart.com/product/kompact-em-bov-dual-port-vr13/

TurboSmart Kompact EM BOV Dual Port VR13.jpg
Technically it gives better throttle response when returning-to-boost (the stock diverter valve is slow to close). The GFB DV+ is a similar performance unit but without the fun noises if that's what you prefer. I have a Turbosmart on my Fiesta ST and it's been many trouble-free miles.

Not sure about the warranty thing, but where it's located on the Ranger, it's literally a five minute swap back to stock if you ever have a problem and need to go to the dealer.

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Nothing you do to your truck voids your warranty unless Ford can prove it caused the problem/failure that you're experiencing. In other words, if you install an aftermarket BOV and have an issue with your engine, Ford would have to be able to prove that the aftermarket BOV caused the problem. This is thanks to the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act.

stinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger blue Lariat
Technically it gives better throttle response when returning-to-boost (the stock diverter valve is slow to close). The GFB DV+ is a similar performance unit but without the fun noises if that's what you prefer. I have a Turbosmart on my Fiesta ST and it's been many trouble-free miles.

Not sure about the warranty thing, but where it's located on the Ranger, it's literally a five minute swap back to stock if you ever have a problem and need to go to the dealer.
I have the GFB DV+ VTA which gives you the fun sound as well.
Sponsored