JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RANGER XLT
Occupation
RETIRED FORD ELECTRONIC/DRIVEABILITY TECH
Vehicle Showcase
Trying to access/find a copy of this TSB-and having no luck. Could another member please post the Ford information on this one???
I believe, from reading another posting, that has something to do with Misfiring on the 2.3 Ranger. Thxs!!!:like:
Sponsored

OP
OP
acsnowrider

acsnowrider

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RANGER XLT
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/tsb-19-2052-april-2019-build.6475/#post-115717

FYI — after a little back and forth and opening the concern number they put the Ranger on the computer and detected a number of misfires. They applied TSB 19-2246, picked my truck up about 10 minutes ago, we’ll see how it goes. Thanks again for your help.
Been lots of "looks", but no response yet to this post--above is the post I found, mentioning the TSB--Could be the number is in error, but if not, would like to know about this one!!:thumbsup:

OP
OP
acsnowrider

acsnowrider

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RANGER XLT
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I got a answer on this issue, from a very qualified Tech, on another site!!!!:like:

He says, "19-2246 is a PCM update to correct parameters in the software that was causing misfires setting P0300/P0316"

No Build dates!--, so it's safe to assume it applies to all of them

Last edited:

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
Does a CEL come on??

OP
OP
acsnowrider

acsnowrider

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RANGER XLT
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Check the post listed above, in box 2--Only reference I found related to this TSB--

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I got a answer on this issue, from a very qualified Tech, on another site!!!!:like:

He says, "19-2246 is a PCM update to correct parameters in the software that was causing misfires setting P0300/P0316"

No Build dates!--, so it's safe to assume it applies to all of them
It applies to any engine *getting that code*

BDUb

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL 4x4, Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys,

My 2019 xl 4x4 was missfiring and they found a bad fuel injector. The service writer told me that this has been an issue occasionally on this motor. If I can remeber ill ask for the tsb or if there is one. I am supposed to get my truck back Monday and cant wait. I also wonder if this why I have only been averaging 18.8 mpg...

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
Hey guys,

My 2019 xl 4x4 was missfiring and they found a bad fuel injector. The service writer told me that this has been an issue occasionally on this motor. If I can remeber ill ask for the tsb or if there is one. I am supposed to get my truck back Monday and cant wait. I also wonder if this why I have only been averaging 18.8 mpg...
I really think that’s my problem but I’ve never got a CE light. I don’t know if there’s any way to test injectors without removing them and trying to get the dealer to replace them would be fruitless.
I have added a Unleashed Tune and that helped a lot but still feels like it should be a lot smoother.

BDUb

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL 4x4, Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
I really think that’s my problem but I’ve never got a CE light. I don’t know if there’s any way to test injectors without removing them and trying to get the dealer to replace them would be fruitless.
I have added a Unleashed Tune and that helped a lot but still feels like it should be a lot smoother.
Mine never threw a code at all (ce light). Its up to you but I would want the truck fixed. I plan on adding a livernois tune at some point. I just told them the problem and it had taken them 5 days to diagnose it. Good luck to you and if you do take it in flash back to stock settings.
Sponsored