First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 1967 SS Camaro
Occupation
Network Administrator
Took my Ranger in on Friday for the first oil change and was told that the driver side CV joint clamp had come off, unfortunately the dealer could not get the replacement parts and I had to take a rental (2020 Escape). It's now almost 2 weeks and they have no eta on when parts would arrive. It sounds like the clamp is available but the other parts like wheel nut are a one time use and they are out of stock. Bad timing for me in the middle of a bunch of house projects and now no truck.

Anyone else running into similar issues?
Sponsored

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I haven't, but I'd look into the lemon law for your state, start mentioning that and they'll find those parts somewhere.

It's 30 days for Oregon

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Tell them you need the loan of a truck rather than a car.

OP
OP
H2Ocooled

H2Ocooled

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Administrator
Tell them you need the loan of a truck rather than a car.
I did but they are short on Trucks for rentals, he said that they are having this same issue on quite a few cars/trucks so the rental fleet is really low.

OP
OP
H2Ocooled

H2Ocooled

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Administrator
I haven't, but I'd look into the lemon law for your state, start mentioning that and they'll find those parts somewhere.

It's 30 days for Oregon
They are actually being really nice about the whole thing and I think they are a good service shop but I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

Berk84

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Took my Ranger in on Friday for the first oil change and was told that the driver side CV joint clamp had come off, unfortunately the dealer could not get the replacement parts and I had to take a rental (2020 Escape). It's now almost 2 weeks and they have no eta on when parts would arrive. It sounds like the clamp is available but the other parts like wheel nut are a one time use and they are out of stock. Bad timing for me in the middle of a bunch of house projects and now no truck.

I had a similar issue, not the part specifically. Mine was the AC compressor went out. They ended up keeping me in a loaner for 5 weeks until they got the part. Didn't get my truck back until about 2 weeks ago.

Last edited:

PalmettoRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4x4 Magnetic Ranger XLT SuperCrew with STX package

That sucks. I hope they get you sorted out. I had a similar issue with Jeep and a 2014 Cherokee. The head unit display had a defect (green band always across the screen). You could still read the information, but it was annoying and the car only had a couple of thousand miles on it. So I took it to the dealer and then did not see the car again for a month. They said because it was essentially a new model, the factory was not allocating any units as replacement parts. And since my mileage had to be input into the new unit at the factory, I could not take the car off the lot once they placed the order with my mileage. So we were stuck with a rental for at least a month.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I did but they are short on Trucks for rentals, he said that they are having this same issue on quite a few cars/trucks so the rental fleet is really low.
that's really not your problem, is it? that's something to maybe escalate to ford--you're supposed to get an equivalent vehicle, not whatever they can find.

OP
OP
H2Ocooled

H2Ocooled

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Administrator
that's really not your problem, is it? that's something to maybe escalate to ford--you're supposed to get an equivalent vehicle, not whatever they can find.
Good point, I'm going to try the service manager first to see if I can get anywhere. Thanks!

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
To be clear, the last time I got a loaner I took a focus or something and it didn't matter because all I needed to do was get home and pick a kid up from school that day. If you actually need to do truck things I don't think it's jerky to demand a truck.

OP
OP
H2Ocooled

H2Ocooled

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Administrator
Got a call from the service dept today and my truck should be ready either tomorrow or Monday and if I want it they have a ranger now that I could switch to for my rental. I declined as I would just like my truck back. They have actually been good to work with on this.

Montana Ranger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Too bad. Summer is camping season where I live, and the primary reason I bought my Ranger. If my Ranger was to be inoperative for more than a week, I'd demand a loaner of equivalent capability or that the dealer rent me a suitable substitute somewhere else. Escalate to corporate if you have to.

Viator092

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BMW 440i, 15 VW Golf TDI, 19 Ford Ranger Lariat
My dealer imposes a mileage limit of its loaners. BS.

OP
OP
H2Ocooled

H2Ocooled

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Administrator
Picked up my truck yesterday everything looks great and runs good. The crazy part with this whole thing is they actually replaced the whole CV boot, shaft, etc... just for a clamp coming off. Seems a little overkill to me but whatever its fixed now and I have my truck back.
Sponsored