First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
what kinda worries me is the thought that parts are not available for the truck - its been in production for a couple of years, I know ..... covid....... but its a new vehicle from a major manufacturer so parts availability shouldn't be an issue.
Sponsored

OP
OP
H2Ocooled

H2Ocooled

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 1967 SS Camaro
Occupation
Network Administrator
what kinda worries me is the thought that parts are not available for the truck - its been in production for a couple of years, I know ..... covid....... but its a new vehicle from a major manufacturer so parts availability shouldn't be an issue.
Yep, that is my concern as well, the dealer told me that they are really having a hard time finding parts for vehicles and its causing huge delays in service. Hopefully Ford can get their act together.

Montana Ranger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
This is concerning. It took me several months to get a replacement antenna for my satellite radio. The shortage of more critical components is disturbing because it suggests that those parts may be failing on a substantial number of vehicles; a possible indication of manufacturing or design flaws.

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Southern Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
It is quite possible that the parts are supplied by a sub contractor who has also been hit by Covid-19 shut downs.
but as the sales manger said at my dealership, "if they are rolling them off the assembly line now, and we are selling them, they by God should have parts"........support what you are selling. jmo

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
There seems to be a shortage of a lot of things now: rental cars, dishwasher detergent, paper towels and toilet paper!

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up my truck yesterday everything looks great and runs good. The crazy part with this whole thing is they actually replaced the whole CV boot, shaft, etc... just for a clamp coming off. Seems a little overkill to me but whatever its fixed now and I have my truck back.
Did the clamp break at the dealership during their maintenance or did they notice it came in like that? If it came into them like that, they most likely replaced the whole assembly because if you get dirt into the CV joint, it's wear out pretty quick.

OP
OP
H2Ocooled

H2Ocooled

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Administrator
Did the clamp break at the dealership during their maintenance or did they notice it came in like that? If it came into them like that, they most likely replaced the whole assembly because if you get dirt into the CV joint, it's wear out pretty quick.
It was broke when it came in and had grease splattered around it.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
It was broke when it came in and had grease splattered around it.
Okay. If that's the case then the whole mess has to be replaced. Once you get junk up into that CV it's pretty much on it's way to being toast.

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
but as the sales manger said at my dealership, "if they are rolling them off the assembly line now, and we are selling them, they by God should have parts"........support what you are selling. jmo
The concept is: sell trucks and make part for new trucks to sell to get money coming in first, worry about parts to supply for warranty repairs later.

The automotive industry is bleeding to death right now. All forms of incoming money take priority. All forms of expenses aren't even in the top ten. A warranty repair is an expense. Some of you are lucky to even get parts at all.

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
medical
Picked up my truck yesterday everything looks great and runs good. The crazy part with this whole thing is they actually replaced the whole CV boot, shaft, etc... just for a clamp coming off. Seems a little overkill to me but whatever its fixed now and I have my truck back.
wow! you have a great dealer !!!!! worth the delay to have the problem solved

OP
OP
H2Ocooled

H2Ocooled

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Administrator
wow! you have a great dealer !!!!! worth the delay to have the problem solved
Yes, it was frustrating having to wait but they did a great job and stood behind everything.

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
medical
Yes, it was frustrating having to wait but they did a great job and stood behind everything.
it would be MUCH MORE annoying to have to take it back.... :like: really it sounds like you have a great dealer who got the problem solved my local dealer is not bad but sounds like yours goes above and beyond
Sponsored