Truck lights stay on when switched to off position.

OP
OP
TdotReckless

TdotReckless

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT - 2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Hi Tyler,

Do you by chance have a dash mat on your dash? Dash mats are notorious for causing this problem... The sensor is at the base of the windshield in many Fords and Lincolns as the 5G Ranger.

Best,
Phil
no i do not, ill have to take a look tonight to see if i can get eyes on it. Thanks phil!
Sponsored

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Did you in anyway touch wires when you put in the smoked whatever stuff in?

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
The new Canadian DRL law requires tail lights to come on when DRL are on. Started in 2021.
"...requires new vehicles to have one of three new features—tail lights that come on whenever daytime running lights are on, automatic headlights, or a dashboard that stays dark if the headlights are off."
Try running in auto and see if the tail lights still turn on.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/42320...op-people-driving-without-headlights-at-night

OP
OP
TdotReckless

TdotReckless

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you in anyway touch wires when you put in the smoked whatever stuff in?
The side marker lights plug into the OEM sockets, this issue was happening prior. But didn't have issues, I may swap them out tonight to see what happens.

OP
OP
TdotReckless

TdotReckless

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The new Canadian DRL law requires tail lights to come on when DRL are on. Started in 2021.
"...requires new vehicles to have one of three new features—tail lights that come on whenever daytime running lights are on, automatic headlights, or a dashboard that stays dark if the headlights are off."

https://www.thedrive.com/news/42320...op-people-driving-without-headlights-at-night
Thanks for the post but I have tried in auto and same thing happens. Ford went with the route to makes their new cars with running fronts and automatic switch for nights. As mine should be. My brand new f150 should be in comparison... it is a 2022 and doesn't light up like a Xmas tree during the day. I'm going to be flying through LED license plate bulbs ?

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab

I wish we had that in the US -- too many dumb dumbs driving around with only DRLs at night.

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
I would be inclined to get in line for a warranty repair visit. Let us know what it was in a few months when they fix it. ;)

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for the post but I have tried in auto and same thing happens. Ford went with the route to makes their new cars with running fronts and automatic switch for nights. As mine should be. My brand new f150 should be in comparison... it is a 2022 and doesn't light up like a Xmas tree during the day. I'm going to be flying through LED license plate bulbs ?
Could be a production date difference.

OP
OP
TdotReckless

TdotReckless

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would be inclined to get in line for a warranty repair visit. Let us know what it was in a few months when they fix it. ;)
Already been waiting almost 2 months for them to figure out what they want to do with paint defects on the truck haha.

OP
OP
TdotReckless

TdotReckless

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Be careful of their fix. They may resolve your issue but you may end up with no lights when dark ?
No doubt that's why I rather do everything in my power to try to figure it out myself. Really hoping it's a easy fix. I got some ideas from ya guys on what to do when I can get back home and we'll go from there.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
I wish we had that in the US -- too many dumb dumbs driving around with only DRLs at night.
Using the word "dumb dumbs" is inadequate, these idiots should be referred to as morons instead.

I cannot fathom how and why these jackasses think that the reduced light output from their headlights when in DRL mode and driving along nightime is normal.

Not to mention the entire ass end of the vehicle awash in total darkness...
Sponsored