Tremor Tire Rub

Morgan1002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger SuperCrew 4X4 301A Sport and Tech Lightning Blue
Anyone else with a Tremor package experiencing very minor tire rub when in reverse at full lock? Just wanted to ensure this is "normal"
Sponsored

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
Anyone else with a Tremor package experiencing very minor tire rub when in reverse at full lock? Just wanted to ensure this is "normal"
I don't have Tremor, but I do have the same tire size. I do experience the smallest amount of tire rub at full lock on the passenger side. That being said, the Tremors are slightly lifted and it's a stock truck. I would take it to the dealer to get it dialed out.

the5Gmartian

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
U.S. Navy
I know that you shouldn't have to on a brand new truck and you have every right to take it in to the dealer, but you can just adjust your crash bars. It only takes maybe 10 mins to adjust them and then you shouldn't have any tire rub.

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Must be in need of a mild crash bar tweak. I just checked mine reversing out of the drive with full turn both ways and there's a culvert at the end so it articulates a little an no rub at all.

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
I know that you shouldn't have to on a brand new truck and you have every right to take it in to the dealer, but you can just adjust your crash bars. It only takes maybe 10 mins to adjust them and then you shouldn't have any tire rub.
My rubbing isn't actually even on the crash ribs. It's on the mount for the crash bars on the frame. Not sure why, thought at first I thought it was maybe a single tire that was slightly out of spec and poked out a bit more but I've rotated my tires and had two alignments since, but the rubbing is always there.

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
I have to double check but I have not experienced it on my Tremor. I back into my driveway daily, not always hitting full lock but I can't recall ever hearing any kind of noises at any time.

newtremorguy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Dad stuff
I noticed mine did the same thing a day after buying it. Pretty embarrassing problem they made from the factory, but as others have stated, it’s easy to fix by adjusting those crash bars ever so slightly. Mine only rubbed on the driver’s side, so it was about a 15 minute fix by jacking up the truck, removing the tire and wrenching the bolts for the crash bar, then putting it back together.

grizzly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Just wait another couple of months. At that point the tires will have worn enough to eliminate the rub.

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Actually, I am curious if tire PSI may be affecting this.....What PSI are you guys with the tire rub at? It may likely just be the crash bars needing adjustment due to manufacturing tolerances. Maybe they have two manufacturers for them with different QC.

I just added 1" wheel spacers but prior to installing I checked my clearance and for sure my tires at lock had a large enough gap that I did not hear anything like I recalled.

With the 1" wheel spacer, backing out of the driveway and locking the wheel I do hear it a hair. Turning lock to lock no rub but I bet if I braked while locked the crash bar would kiss the tire.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
I have a Tremor and no rubbing

Pinbalz

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Service
Yep. Mine was rubbing. Took to dealer and they found a frame protection bracket misaligned from the factory.

B579B6E5-A79C-4639-AB1D-E298E28413DE.jpeg
Sponsored