First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Couldn't say, but I will say I am in love with these tires. They ride great on and off road.
I wont argue the offroad performance. Winter/snow Performance is a whole different ball game to say the least.
Sponsored

Samsquanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
I'm starting to wonder why Ford decided to go cheap? From what I remember the original design had KO2's
Not sure if the grabbers are really considered cheap anymore. Last I checked they are within $10 of the ko2’s most places. I wonder if it’s because there are so many complaints of the BFGs wet performance. I’ve prob run 5 sets of of BFGs and they have a lot to like but they spin out in the rain pretty easily especially on a light pickup.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Not sure if the grabbers are really considered cheap anymore. Last I checked they are within $10 of the ko2’s most places. I wonder if it’s because there are so many complaints of the BFGs wet performance. I’ve prob run 5 sets of of BFGs and they have a lot to like but they spin out in the rain pretty easily especially on a light pickup.
If you look at the tread pattern between the two the general Grabbers are essentially a cheap knockoff of the KO 2.

cbull

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic hatchback CVT 2017 ram cummins
Occupation
Farmer
Got a 21 tremor myself, no rubbing on the crash bars, about a 1/2 inch to spare. Which is stupid, on a truck like this it should already be set up to run a bigger tire, without any modifications.
Mine also came with the General Grabber 265/70r17.
I hate them, I've never liked the BFGs like this, don't like this tire either. They are the worsed at picking up rocks and then chucking them all over the place one you hit the highway.
Will definitely be selling these soon, just trying to figure out what tire and size to go with.

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
And Ford probably wanted to avoid OTS (oval tire syndrome) that BFGs seem to be noted for.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Got a 21 tremor myself, no rubbing on the crash bars, about a 1/2 inch to spare. Which is stupid, on a truck like this it should already be set up to run a bigger tire, without any modifications.
Mine also came with the General Grabber 265/70r17.
I hate them, I've never liked the BFGs like this, don't like this tire either. They are the worsed at picking up rocks and then chucking them all over the place one you hit the highway.
Will definitely be selling these soon, just trying to figure out what tire and size to go with.
Umm if you are not already aware the tremor already comes with bigger than stock(non tremor models) tires for what Ford can approve. Also remember that if you bought a Tremor is is due to the fact you wanted to buy a truck instead of build it the way you want it to be. Let me guess, you are thinking about changing the shocks on it to huh?

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
I have heard mine lightly rubbing on right turns through a dip, I figured it was the tire on the crash bar, haven't got a close look yet, but I will after reading this post.

cbull

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Farmer
Umm if you are not already aware the tremor already comes with bigger than stock(non tremor models) tires for what Ford can approve. Also remember that if you bought a Tremor is is due to the fact you wanted to buy a truck instead of build it the way you want it to be. Let me guess, you are thinking about changing the shocks on it to huh?
Lol, not necessarily different shocks, although I am kind of thinking I want more of a lift then what the Tremor comes with. And I also know that the Tremor comes with a little bigger tire then a regular Lariat, which is what I was looking for originally. The tremor comes with a 32in but it's actually closer to 31 and a 1/2 inches, and I would like something closer to a 33. So I'm thinking a slight level in the front along with crash bar modifications or replacement would be needed for that tire size.
You along with others may ask why some, me, would buy a tremor and then want to change everything on it? The quick answer to that is availability. Even now there's still not much to choose from so I went with what I could find.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lol, not necessarily different shocks, although I am kind of thinking I want more of a lift then what the Tremor comes with. And I also know that the Tremor comes with a little bigger tire then a regular Lariat, which is what I was looking for originally. The tremor comes with a 32in but it's actually closer to 31 and a 1/2 inches, and I would like something closer to a 33. So I'm thinking a slight level in the front along with crash bar modifications or replacement would be needed for that tire size.
You along with others may ask why some, me, would buy a tremor and then want to change everything on it? The quick answer to that is availability. Even now there's still not much to choose from so I went with what I could find.
If all you want to do is fit the bigger tire size like 2857 do yourself a favor keep the stock tires and go with the firestone destination XT period If anything you might have to bump out the front wheels by a quarter inch just because of the wider wheels from the factory but other than that you should be okay period you might have to change the crash bars but with the suspension you have you will be fine period

cbull

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Farmer
If all you want to do is fit the bigger tire size like 2857 do yourself a favor keep the stock tires and go with the firestone destination XT period If anything you might have to bump out the front wheels by a quarter inch just because of the wider wheels from the factory but other than that you should be okay period you might have to change the crash bars but with the suspension you have you will be fine period
If I could fit that size without a lift or leveling kit I probably wouldn't mess with that.
Out of all the other tires that are out there why do you recommend the Firestone Destination XT?

cbull

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Farmer
I just investigated these destination XT tires. Again curious to know your opinion on them, but from the looks of it, not a tire I have an interest in, just by looking at it and the specs. It seems to have a similar tread pattern to what I have now that is going to collect rocks and give me the same situation. Plus most their tires are an E Rated Tire which will add quite a bit of weight.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
If I could fit that size without a lift or leveling kit I probably wouldn't mess with that.
Out of all the other tires that are out there why do you recommend the Firestone Destination XT?
I recently just put that tire on there in that size on the factory Sport Wheels with the old man emu lift kit which still isn't far off from the trimmer for front lift. I want to say I'm maybe half an inch higher than what your truck is on just suspension lift and I have minimal to no rubbing without spacers. Mind you the sport wheels are also half an inch shorter on with compared to the wheels you have so therefore you might run into an issue because of the extra width on the Wheel

tonygft12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Just picked up my 2021 XLT Tremor last week. Truck is amazing so far, aside from a tire clearance issue on the front drivers side wheel that results in tire rub when turning full lock.

You can see in the attached photo exactly what the problem is. I’ve taken it to the dealer where they took pictures and began investigating. They said this is the first Tremor they have seen so have nothing to compare it to. Can anyone else with a Tremor confirm if their clearance is any better?

How do you even tackle an issue like this? What could be adjusted to fix this so it doesn’t rub? Is this just the way all Tremors were built?

Any thoughts are appreciated! Otherwise love the truck and relative to my 2020 XLT Sport it rides and handles like a completely different vehicle.

C61DE342-0404-42C0-AC0E-6FBA03C29A7C.jpeg
7909E0E4-08B1-4386-B481-CC877D1C0F06.jpeg
Was this issue ever resolved by the Ford dealership you purchased from??
Sponsored