Tremor step removal

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
How did you install those amber lights in the grill? Are you running spacers on your wheels? Looks great, ive got an identical truck
Nice truck you have!!! :sunglasses:
Suspension is bone stock with no wheel spacers. Added stubby antenna, grille lights, oval overlays, Line-X, tint, and removed the step hoops. Here are the grille lights. Great quality and easy to install. Uses factory style wire harness connectors. No cut and splice at all. You'll need the Lariat one pictured for the Tremor.
1621608816211.png
Sponsored

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
I'm in Canada, so it is likely better for you to get them printed locally. When I'm done I'll upload the model files somewhere and post a link and you can get them printed. I should have it done in a few days.
I think I love you for this.

ranger-rick-roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
I think the pictures have convinced me. They’re coming off! Any thoughts on the protection provided by the bar itself? Seems like it could function alright as a rock slider.

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Nice truck you have!!! :sunglasses:
Suspension is bone stock with no wheel spacers. Added stubby antenna, grille lights, oval overlays, Line-X, tint, and removed the step hoops. Here are the grille lights. Great quality and easy to install. Uses factory style wire harness connectors. No cut and splice at all. You'll need the Lariat one pictured for the Tremor.
1621608816211.png
How is that stubby antenna working with the radio?

I think the pictures have convinced me. They’re coming off! Any thoughts on the protection provided by the bar itself? Seems like it could function alright as a rock slider.
I am guessing the weight of the truck would crumple it and worse case push it into the body BUT I would rather have that than nothing as it should at least protect to some level.

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How is that stubby antenna working with the radio?

Can't say. I have yet to drive it since I installed it. I've had the truck a month and still not to 400 miles yet which includes 50 miles home from the dealer and 2 subsequent round trips to the dealer for odds and ends. Has a money back guarantee if it doesn't work properly. There are some cheap ones out there, but I went with the Craven Speed which is US made and guaranteed. Has good reviews and was still only $20.00 delivered.

I am guessing the weight of the truck would crumple it and worse case push it into the body BUT I would rather have that than nothing as it should at least protect to some level.
Not going to be doing any rock crawling here in FL. No rocks to be found. They look pretty cool and I imagine they'd work for the most part unless you're in Moab or similar.

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Not going to be doing any rock crawling here in FL. No rocks to be found. They look pretty cool and I imagine they'd work for the most part unless you're in Moab or similar.
Yeah I may give it a try, would prefer the look of the shorty antenna. I do a lot of driving between CA, NV, UT and AZ so I tend to use the radio a bit...I am under 40yo but something about it, prefer it on long drives.

BBTremor

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Consultant
I forgot to mention, there isn't just a round hole the size of the bolt in the top of the tube. It's a rectangular hole for each bolt, about 35mm by 43mm. So it looks weird. I'm in the process of designing and 3d printing a plug to go in the holes.
I would be interested in buying some of your plugs. Attached is a photo for those that don’t know what we are talking about.

B1D9C97E-35FD-42C9-B247-042F5556896E.jpeg

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I'm amazed that the Tremor doesn't have frame mounted rock sliders.

The step style they chose are just not functional, as steps, or as sliders.

Poser move on Fords part.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I'm amazed that the Tremor doesn't have frame mounted rock sliders.

The step style they chose are just not functional, as steps, or as sliders.

Poser move on Fords part.
I'm finding it a little surprising that Ford missed the mark(eting) on design with a premium line truck if people are looking to yoink the steps off.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I'm finding it a little surprising that Ford missed the mark(eting) on design with a premium line truck if people are looking to yoink the steps off.
It is strange. They have a capable off-road truck, with the lift and larger tires, then they put steps on that will get busted by the first rock they encounter.

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm in Canada, so it is likely better for you to get them printed locally. When I'm done I'll upload the model files somewhere and post a link and you can get them printed. I should have it done in a few days.
Did you have any luck with these working out?

Lawdawg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
I ordered rock sliders back in April when I bought the truck but haven't received them yet. I took the steps off last week before I went on an 2 day offroad class. I never would have made it through several obstacles we navigated with those steps still installed. Scraped those puppies up pretty bad. I don't think most people will be taking their trucks on as difficult trails as I did this weekend, but if you do, those steps will be a problem. Looking forward to the sliders getting here.