Tremor owners please advise

Ray40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Silverado
Hello first time post here and would love opinions on Tremor ride characteristics compared to standard suspension
I am close to pulling the trigger on a lariat with tremor package but have only driven the standard 4x4 since thats all that is available for me to test drive
I found the ride to be adequate for a mid size truck but some reading here and elsewhere has gotten me to think the tremor suspension rides even better.
off road it looks extremely capable but how is the actual day to day on decent roads and interstate cruising? Are the tire noisy at high speeds ?
Tnx all
Sponsored

bgtruck

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2015 Cadillac cts vsport
Occupation
Yes
I drove the FX4 first and a few days later the Tremor, then I bought the Tremor that day! I have just under 3k on mine now and it is a very good daily driver. I call it a sport truck. Some body roll but very compliant, controlled and comfortable for a truck. The front is better than the back of course. Its also comfortable off road, very good at big hits. Im not at Baja speeds, mostly slow rocky crawls and dirt trails so far. I've done some trails that were pushing my newb off road experience and the Tremor is like sure I can do that. Go for the Tremor you wont be disapointed. I have the Lariat and It's serious off road luxury. Its a fine way to spend the day off road and then Zoom Zoom home at well over the speed limit if you are so inclined. Once I was crusing back from the hills at at 95 for a bit, Oops... One note, no vibration till I got my wheels rotated by the dealer at the first oil change, its minor and intermittent, big wheels are sensitive to balance, I will start getting Road force balance from now on. Get the Tremor its the best Ranger of the bunch. Plenty of power, I have the tune but not installed. It dosent need more but hey why not add 50 more HP. The Grabbers make some noise but not much the wind noise is louder. You will be listening to satellite radio any way. The sound system is great, heated seats could fry a couple of eggs...
Ranger Flagpole 11-21.jpg

Last edited:

navyguy7224

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat CC Tremor
Occupation
Ford Service Tech
Tremor is well worth the extra money. Unless with the 4X4 or FX4 you do an add a leaf pack and fox shocks right away.

JeeperCreeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep + Ranger Tremor
The standard suspension is mediocre at best. It bounces and shimmies. I swore off the Ranger when I test drove one in '19 for that reason.

The FX4 suspension is good. After test driving one to compare it to a Nissan Frontier, I got back on the Ranger train in '21.

The Tremor suspension is superior across the board and across its class. Might even be superior across other classes as well.

The Tremor is worth every penny. It's pure magic. It doesn't compromise in any facet and I don't know how they do it.

Only thing that I think can challenge it is GM's magnetic ride stuff, but I never spent much time with it.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I have an FX-4.

The factory FX, and non FX from my understanding, is garbage.

The Tremor WILL ride better stock for stock for sure.

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
Test drove a FX4 XLT for a weekend prior to ordering my Lariat Tremor. Don’t remember things being bad. I did behave with the loaner though.
I am really happy with the ride from the Tremor though. Like any pickup, the ride is better with some weight in bed. I would both recommend it and would buy it again.

bentroia

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Logistics
My tremor delivered in May. Ive owned toyotas and jeep cheokees from stock to lifted AT and MT tires...

The Tremor ride is quiet and very comfy on the freeway.. on expressways.. on residential routes and on firetrails and washboards. The suspension is balanced predictable and still sporty.

Downside in my view is crawling..there is it not stiff enough as drops are not damped and rebounded firmly enough to give precise control in slow deep terrain.

At 8k miles ive got ZERO complaints and see no need to consider changes to tires or suspension. Lots of hours in dirt, rocks and road tripping in and from the California gold country.

Laredo crewcab

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
I have an FX-4.

The factory FX, and non FX from my understanding, is garbage.

The Tremor WILL ride better stock for stock for sure.
Pretty much this. The rebound valving on the stock and FX shocks/struts is WAY too loose and allows the suspension to over extend. This creates the rolling 87 Cadillac-ish like ride. Replacing just the rear shocks makes a HUGE improvement in overall ride quality on the non FX and FX models.

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 ChargerDaytona
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
Hello first time post here and would love opinions on Tremor ride characteristics compared to standard suspension
I am close to pulling the trigger on a lariat with tremor package but have only driven the standard 4x4 since thats all that is available for me to test drive
I found the ride to be adequate for a mid size truck but some reading here and elsewhere has gotten me to think the tremor suspension rides even better.
off road it looks extremely capable but how is the actual day to day on decent roads and interstate cruising? Are the tire noisy at high speeds ?
Tnx all
I traded my F50 in on a Tremor last week. The ride is very similar. I don't have miles to really base an opinion on but....so far I am impressed with the ride of my Tremor. No extra road/tire noise, smooth, no vibration, great at highway speeds no real body roll. Lovin it!

RangerHOME.jpg

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
Pretty much this. The rebound valving on the stock and FX shocks/struts is WAY too loose and allows the suspension to over extend. This creates the rolling 87 Cadillac-ish like ride. Replacing just the rear shocks makes a HUGE improvement in overall ride quality on the non FX and FX models.
This. I replaced my standard (non-FX4) struts/shocks with the Eibach Pro-Truck shocks (not the 2.0 kit). The factory rear shocks I could easily compress by hand with very little resistance. The Eibach's, it took everything I had (and then some) to get the shock compressed enough to reinstall (read: I used a jack lol).

Long story short: it actually rides like a truck now.

bgtruck

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2015 Cadillac cts vsport
Occupation
Yes
The standard suspension is mediocre at best. It bounces and shimmies. I swore off the Ranger when I test drove one in '19 for that reason.

The FX4 suspension is good. After test driving one to compare it to a Nissan Frontier, I got back on the Ranger train in '21.

The Tremor suspension is superior across the board and across its class. Might even be superior across other classes as well.

The Tremor is worth every penny. It's pure magic. It doesn't compromise in any facet and I don't know how they do it.

Only thing that I think can challenge it is GM's magnetic ride stuff, but I never spent much time with it.
I have a Cadillac with Mag Ride, its amazing and expencive to replace. the truck would need to be designed around it and im fairly certain lifing someting with Mag Rid would be very difficult.

The tremor is great for a mid size truck and it does handle everywhere but the Fox stuff could be bettter. How much better I'll find out when the 2.0 stuff goes and I replace it with 2.5 goodies.

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
This. I replaced my standard (non-FX4) struts/shocks with the Eibach Pro-Truck shocks (not the 2.0 kit). The factory rear shocks I could easily compress by hand with very little resistance. The Eibach's, it took everything I had (and then some) to get the shock compressed enough to reinstall (read: I used a jack lol).

Long story short: it actually rides like a truck now.
Did you have the Eibach rear tube down or up ? And do you have some pics? I'm about to replace mine this weekend. Thanks, bro

docarter

First Name
Dayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ATS; Ford Ranger
Occupation
ADA
I have a Cadillac with Mag Ride, its amazing and expencive to replace. the truck would need to be designed around it and im fairly certain lifing someting with Mag Rid would be very difficult.

The tremor is great for a mid size truck and it does handle everywhere but the Fox stuff could be bettter. How much better I'll find out when the 2.0 stuff goes and I replace it with 2.5 goodies.
The new big GM SUVs Tahoe, Yukon, and Escalade have magnetic ride control with air springs. Lots of horror stories from the rednecks with cash trying to modify their 80-110k SUVs with the high-tech suspensions.
Sponsored