Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone looking for a Tremor in FL? Mullinax Ford of Central FL has roughly 15 Tremors in stock between all their dealerships. XLTs and Lariats of all colors and are between $3,500-$4,300 below MSRP with NO dealer fees other than tax and tag and they deliver free in the state of FL. Ask for Luis. He'll take care of you.
Luis Lino <[email protected]>
I just tried them for a Tremor last week and they told me it was sold and they had none inbound. I’m in So Fla.
Sponsored

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle

Strid3r

First Name
Trenton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
self employed
I went to a few truck accessory stores and compared models on the market before settling for this one (RetraxPRO XR). I plan to mount a Yakima-style rack system one day. I opted for this model so it can hopefully deter thieves a little longer in case I have valuables in the bed and need to step away for a bit. And also if I'm in the snow it shouldn't destroy the cover because of the weight it can sustain (allegedly 500 lbs).

Yes I lost 1 foot of bed length, but had to accept this drawback based on my needs ?

I'm very happy with the quality. The instructions were good enough and there's a few videos online when in doubt. I made some adjustments as I went. I feel comfortable I could do it again in about 2 hours (which is usually the time shops would charge for labour). It was the first time I mounted such accessory and I'm a bit of a perfectionist so it took me twice that time.

Little trick: I have the OEM spray-in bed liner and the bed drain hole covers where concealed as they had been sprayed over. Once I realized they were once removable, I had to gently pry them open.

Finally, not gonna lie: I was even more pleased with my purchase when I saw "North Dakota Made" on the box!
I was wondering about the space taken up by the retraxpro as I am considering getting one. A specific measurement I have been trying to find is how much space is between the bottom of the bed and the bottom of the canister. I us my truck for work and haul around some ladders. I have a little giant and a four foot step and a couple 2 ft on a regular basis. I am also assuming from your post that the canister essentially takes a foot off the length but I need to know the other dimension to see if I can still slide my ladder under the canister without any issues. Thanks in advance.

Secousse

First Name
Secousse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
I was wondering about the space taken up by the retraxpro as I am considering getting one. A specific measurement I have been trying to find is how much space is between the bottom of the bed and the bottom of the canister. I us my truck for work and haul around some ladders. I have a little giant and a four foot step and a couple 2 ft on a regular basis. I am also assuming from your post that the canister essentially takes a foot off the length but I need to know the other dimension to see if I can still slide my ladder under the canister without any issues. Thanks in advance.
Happy to help:

On my 5 ft bed, the canister is using a foot of length (which you had figured out). Now in terms of height, there’s about 10 / 10.5 inches of space from my rubber bed mat to the bottom of the canister. So just under 11 inches without a mat.
And about 40 inches between the two drain pipes if you make them fall vertically. If you make them exit to the farther sides of the caps, you could potently get another 2 inches in length between the pipes.

So the space under the Retrax canister is about 40” W x 10” H x 12” D

I have been looking for a trunk that would fit underneath, similar to my Plano 1919… so far I think my closest option is two MTM ACR7 side-by-side.

Poky

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Which lift spacer kit did you go with?

Ranger2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tremor.
Which lift spacer kit did you go with?
This 1 inch below but I only used one spacer because the factory studs were not long enough for both.
I am going to go with 33's eventually since I already have 32's on the Tremor.
1621108699749.png

FordRacing

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT

Ranger2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tremor.
Yeah I saw them but Im not crazy about cutting off my front differential mount. in 2 or 3 years I might feel different.
I didn’t see the instructions. Where did you get them? I thought you just had to drill a hole.

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This 1 inch below but I only used one spacer because the factory studs were not long enough for both.
I am going to go with 33's eventually since I already have 32's on the Tremor.
1621108699749.png
Guessing the 4 spacers are .25" each? This would give a .50" lift with 1 spacer and 1" lift if both are used. How's it look with the .50" lift?

Ranger2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tremor.
Guessing the 4 spacers are .25" each? This would give a .50" lift with 1 spacer and 1" lift if both are used. How's it look with the .50" lift?
That’s correct. Not too much difference but with tires another inch and a half.

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s correct. Not too much difference but with tires another inch and a half.
Nice. That is what I was considering doing. Honestly can't see doing more than that without lifting the rear because when I hook up the boat trailer it takes the rear down .75" which is about the max I would want to see unloaded. Thinking the .50" would be perfect. Do you have any pics?

Ranger2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tremor.
This is the only picture I have right now. At this moment I am working on the stock crash bar removal. I got the left front out in tact by loosening the bumper and pulling it back. Working on the left front now. It's not easy getting the fender well felt out.

IMG_6915.JPG
Sponsored