First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 1968 Bronco, 2021 Bronco Sport
Occupation
Facilities Manager
I have a Temor Lariat and my wife has a Bronco Sport Badlands. Her leather seats are so much nicer than my seats! I read somewhere that the Lariat Tremor has leather trimmed seats and that the XLT has vinyl trimmed seats. The writer noted that the vinyl trim on the XLT seats was stiff and hard. That is what my seats feel like. Anybody else with a Lariat Tremor think the leather trim seems harder/stiffer than it should? Does anyone know for sure they have different seats in the XLT vs the lariat?
One other question. My seats feel like they tilt forward more than they should. I have adjusted them several times and I have it tilted as for back as possible and it still feels like I am going to slide off the front of it. Again, my wifes seats will adjust as much as you want and are very comfortable.
Sponsored

FordRacing

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT
I didn’t see the instructions. Where did you get them? I thought you just had to drill a hole.
Can’t find the exact instructions... in fact the protune suspension website doesn’t even have this listed.... so I found something similar on bds website... I have sent an email to protune to get more details hopefully they get back to me. I did just order a 1” life for the rear to give a little rake back ( I tow a boat a lot in the summer) and wanted it to be level when towing.

Last edited:

FordRacing

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT
I have a Temor Lariat and my wife has a Bronco Sport Badlands. Her leather seats are so much nicer than my seats! I read somewhere that the Lariat Tremor has leather trimmed seats and that the XLT has vinyl trimmed seats. The writer noted that the vinyl trim on the XLT seats was stiff and hard. That is what my seats feel like. Anybody else with a Lariat Tremor think the leather trim seems harder/stiffer than it should? Does anyone know for sure they have different seats in the XLT vs the lariat?
One other question. My seats feel like they tilt forward more than they should. I have adjusted them several times and I have it tilted as for back as possible and it still feels like I am going to slide off the front of it. Again, my wifes seats will adjust as much as you want and are very comfortable.
I love the seats in my lariat.... don’t feel hard at all... by you have adjusted the tilt all the way. Back what do you mean? The seat lays down pretty far can’t imagine you could drive with it all the way back ( manual adjust, not electric adjust). Also if the lumbar is out all the way or not adjusted right that might make it feel like you can’t stay in the seat. Maybe a photo would help here.

eds21

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Facilities Manager
I love the seats in my lariat.... don’t feel hard at all... by you have adjusted the tilt all the way. Back what do you mean? The seat lays down pretty far can’t imagine you could drive with it all the way back ( manual adjust, not electric adjust). Also if the lumbar is out all the way or not adjusted right that might make it feel like you can’t stay in the seat. Maybe a photo would help here.
The bottom part of the seat that you actually sit on. You can usually get that to tilt slightly forward or slightly backwards. Mine feels like I am always sliding off the front so it would be nice to be able to tilt it just a little more back. My wife drove it and said the same thing. I am considering putting 1/2"-3/4" spacers under the front mounts of the seat to see if that helps.

Ranger2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tremor.
Can’t find the exact instructions... in fact the protune suspension website doesn’t even have this listed.... so I found something similar on bds website... I have sent an email to protune to get more details hopefully they get back to me. I did just order a 1” life for the rear to give a little rake back ( I tow a boat a lot in the summer) and wanted it to be level when towing.
I found this kit too and the instructions. I think I like the kit I first sent you better and I think it is about the same install as this one. If I ever go to a bigger lift but I have no plans at this time.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/333549589261?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Attachments

FordRacing

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT
The bottom part of the seat that you actually sit on. You can usually get that to tilt slightly forward or slightly backwards. Mine feels like I am always sliding off the front so it would be nice to be able to tilt it just a little more back. My wife drove it and said the same thing. I am considering putting 1/2"-3/4" spacers under the front mounts of the seat to see if that helps.
I have my seat adjusted so it about 4" lower in the back than the front here a couple pictures

IMG_0450.jpeg

tempImageyIwkPk.jpg

eds21

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Facilities Manager
I have my seat adjusted so it about 4" lower in the back than the front here a couple pictures

IMG_0450.jpeg

tempImageyIwkPk.jpg
Those pictures may help. I will go see what mine looks like during lunch. Thanks for your help.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Well after failing to find one on a lot that was optioned how I wanted it, I ordered a Race Red Lariat Tremor last night. Dealer says Ford is saying 15-20 weeks build time on Tremors right now.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
I just traded in my 2020 XLT lightning blue for a 2021 shadow black Lariat tremor! Inventory is very low in CA
Yeah, in Illinois Rangers are scarce to begin with, Tremors even more so. Two dealers within 3 hours of me have been able to get them on the lot, both XLT, both without tow. I asked why they didn't have what must be the most common option and both dealers said it's easier to get trucks with no extras from the factory. One was asking for MSRP, the other for $2,000 over. It's frustrating to have to wait but I would rather wait than settle, especially at prices trucks are going for around me.

GMTmin5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
I had a deposit on one locally and the dealer pulled all discounts at the last minute and told me it was MSRP or nothing. I managed to find a dealer a couple weeks later that had a Tremor (Lariat w/ trailer tow) and would accept X plan, just had to travel about 2.5hrs to get it. IMO, there's no reason to pay MSRP, or more, on a truck like this that is not limited production, unless you just have to have it now.

tivct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tremor, Focus RS
No stripe package trucks yet? Mine is built, but evidently still a few weeks until it's prepped/paperwork is finished.

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
No stripe package trucks yet? Mine is built, but evidently still a few weeks until it's prepped/paperwork is finished.
I've seen the stripes on a silver and a blue and like it. I didn't realize it was on the tailgate as well. Looks really good.

Reactions: Doc

Secousse

First Name
Secousse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
I've seen the stripes on a silver and a blue and like it. I didn't realize it was on the tailgate as well. Looks really good.
Is that an option? I don’t remember that being shown on their website when I was building my dream truck early April.

I really wonder what I’d look like on a silver…