Tremor Flares Installed on my 2019 Lariat FX4 Sport Super Crew

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4 (Saber)
I decided to get a set of Tremor Flares to replace the stock magnetic trim around the wheel wells. I am running BFG KO2 275/70R17 on the Stock Magnetic Sport wheels with 1” BORA Spacers and wanted “just a little flare”.

I checked with Levittown Ford on getting the Tremor Flares. The shipping, even with the discount code for 5G members was crazy! I then checked with Stage 3 Motorsports (I called them as I could not find the flares on their website) Even tho their price was a bit more; with free shipping, overall it was considerable less than Levittown. I would guess if you’re west of the Mississippi, like me, Stage 3 is better. And if you’re East, Levittown Ford is most likely a better choice. Either way, they are both excellent vendors!

The flares arrived and were boxed & protected nicely.
IMG_1025.jpeg

Use caution with a box cutter as the painted surfaces are right near the box seam and easily cut/scratched! The Magnetic color of the flares are exactly the same as the stock 2019 Lariat Sport trim. The new flares have all the clips attached and are ready to install.

If you want to save your OEM wheel trim, you will need A LOT of patience! In order to access all of the clips, you will need to remove all of the interior wheel well lining. I’m not sure that can be done on the front fenders without messing up the “felt” stuff? However, if you have the patience, I found an easy way to remove the clips.
IMG_1227.jpeg

Find your smallest 8mm socket (I used my ¼” drive). From behind, you can press the socket onto the clip and it will compress the “wings” on each clip.

I was not planning to keep the old trim, and there is no way I have the necessary patience! After removing the small front & rear star retainer bolts (note: the one in the front is behind the yellow side-marker), I just yanked on the trim pieces. This took some serious pulling! Now if the only thing that broke when I pulled the trim was the white plastic clips, the trim pieces would be totally salvageable. But unfortunately, about half of the clip retainers on the actual trim also broke along with the clips. There may be a technique for removing these clips, but this is what I did.

After removal, the install is simple. Line up the molded studs on the inside of the flares, along with all of the attached white clips, and then simply pop on the flares. The photo shows just how many clips there are!
IMG_1243.jpeg

The finished product is just what I wanted; a little flare that looks OEM. If anyone is thinking about doing this to their Non-Tremor-Trimmed Ranger, I say go for it, you won’t be disappointed!
IMG_1247.jpeg

IMG_1244.jpeg
Sponsored

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
That's awesome Bryan!!! I am thinking of doing that also. I just got my Ranger Raptor rims and those might look better than my stock Iconic Silver ones plus they stick out a little bit from the edge of the wheel well. I am wondering if the Ford Ranger mud flaps will work with those??? I do like having the mud flaps to save the body paint. Thanks,

Highlander

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Shadow Black Lariat 501A TREMOR
Occupation
Private
Vehicle Showcase
That's awesome Bryan!!! I am thinking of doing that also. I just got my Ranger Raptor rims and those might look better than my stock Iconic Silver ones plus they stick out a little bit from the edge of the wheel well. I am wondering if the Ford Ranger mud flaps will work with those??? I do like having the mud flaps to save the body paint. Thanks,
The Ford flaps do not work with the Tremor flares.

Did you also get the Ford Performance centre caps to go with the Tremor/Raptor wheels?

Frank

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
The Ford flaps do not work with the Tremor flares.

Did you also get the Ford Performance centre caps to go with the Tremor/Raptor wheels?

Frank
Yes I did get the performance caps for the rims. I am still deciding on the tires???????? Too many choices and I need to decide realistically how much I will be going off road. Once I am retired I will do more stuff off road but until then to work and back and some stuff on the weekends. I am leaning on the Cooper AT3?-2? or maybe the Falken Wild Peak's. I am not in a big hurry since I only have 8,000 miles on my stock Hankook's.

Voodoo Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4
Those look nice. I'm also considering the Tremor flares on my Ranger and have a similar tire setup as you with 1" Bora spacers inbound. I'm curious if those flares actually provide any extra protection or are they mostly for looks. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :)

@MXGOLF I just installed The Falken WildPeak tires in 265/70/17. My main reason for choosing them over the other great options is that they are supposed to work better in wet/snow/ice than some of the others. I do a lot of skiing in the Tahoe area so was looking for something more surefooted on snowy conditions.

Do the Ford Performance center caps work on the stock magnetic wheels?

Bravohook

First Name
Addame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Sheepdog
Im gonna pull the trigger on these soon. My plan is to take them and get them painted black to match the BAP grille. I need something to break up the cactus gray. I ordered an Topper for it colormatched so I want the flares to break that up and add a little coverage for the 285’s I'm rolling with.

I looked at levittown and even living in NY now the shipping was still expensive, plus tax. I will most likely hit up Stage 3 as you did. I have had great luck with them. Thats where I got my intake, and FPP tuner.

Yinzcity

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Man, I wish I knew about the socket trick when I installed mine this summer. You can get to all the clips on the front ones no problem, but I couldn't get to the rear ones cause the fender liners are rivited in places, so I ripped and broke them too. Breaking the white clips isn't the issue as they're cheap to replace, the issue is the mounting point on the fender trim usually breaks instead.

They do look nice, got mine from summit racing w free shipping. Had to change to rockblox mud flaps to fit with the flares.

20220814_170338.jpg

20220814_170348.jpg

OP
OP
BButah

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those look nice. I'm also considering the Tremor flares on my Ranger and have a similar tire setup as you with 1" Bora spacers inbound. I'm curious if those flares actually provide any extra protection or are they mostly for looks. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :)

@MXGOLF I just installed The Falken WildPeak tires in 265/70/17. My main reason for choosing them over the other great options is that they are supposed to work better in wet/snow/ice than some of the others. I do a lot of skiing in the Tahoe area so was looking for something more surefooted on snowy conditions.

Do the Ford Performance center caps work on the stock magnetic wheels?
At about an inch, there is some protection I guess? I get a lot of rocker protection from the AMP PowerSteps. ?

RangerPNW

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Project Manager
I too have been eyeing these or the RTR flares for future mods after i get wheels. Definitely leaning towards the Tremor ones myself (especially if i stick with a milder offset), mostly because they're already painted. Don't like that the RTR ones are just black plastic, so if i went with those i'd have to get them painted which i don't want to know what that would cost... I much prefer an OEM plus look rather than obvious aftermarket, so think Tremor flares are in my future.

JeffWoodall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX 4X4
Occupation
Security, Retired military (20 yrs), retired law enforcement (15 yrs)
Vehicle Showcase
I decided to get a set of Tremor Flares to replace the stock magnetic trim around the wheel wells. I am running BFG KO2 275/70R17 on the Stock Magnetic Sport wheels with 1” BORA Spacers and wanted “just a little flare”.

I checked with Levittown Ford on getting the Tremor Flares. The shipping, even with the discount code for 5G members was crazy! I then checked with Stage 3 Motorsports (I called them as I could not find the flares on their website) Even tho their price was a bit more; with free shipping, overall it was considerable less than Levittown. I would guess if you’re west of the Mississippi, like me, Stage 3 is better. And if you’re East, Levittown Ford is most likely a better choice. Either way, they are both excellent vendors!

The flares arrived and were boxed & protected nicely.
IMG_1025.jpeg

Use caution with a box cutter as the painted surfaces are right near the box seam and easily cut/scratched! The Magnetic color of the flares are exactly the same as the stock 2019 Lariat Sport trim. The new flares have all the clips attached and are ready to install.

If you want to save your OEM wheel trim, you will need A LOT of patience! In order to access all of the clips, you will need to remove all of the interior wheel well lining. I’m not sure that can be done on the front fenders without messing up the “felt” stuff? However, if you have the patience, I found an easy way to remove the clips.
IMG_1227.jpeg

Find your smallest 8mm socket (I used my ¼” drive). From behind, you can press the socket onto the clip and it will compress the “wings” on each clip.

I was not planning to keep the old trim, and there is no way I have the necessary patience! After removing the small front & rear star retainer bolts (note: the one in the front is behind the yellow side-marker), I just yanked on the trim pieces. This took some serious pulling! Now if the only thing that broke when I pulled the trim was the white plastic clips, the trim pieces would be totally salvageable. But unfortunately, about half of the clip retainers on the actual trim also broke along with the clips. There may be a technique for removing these clips, but this is what I did.

After removal, the install is simple. Line up the molded studs on the inside of the flares, along with all of the attached white clips, and then simply pop on the flares. The photo shows just how many clips there are!
IMG_1243.jpeg

The finished product is just what I wanted; a little flare that looks OEM. If anyone is thinking about doing this to their Non-Tremor-Trimmed Ranger, I say go for it, you won’t be disappointed!
IMG_1247.jpeg

IMG_1244.jpeg
Dammit man...I had to see this post. So much for buying a new Glock. Levitown is showing $293, is that about right? That looks really good. Look at that shiny truck too, must use Meguiars and/or 303 Graphene perhaps? Good looking truck and this just made it better.

OP
OP
BButah

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dammit man...I had to see this post. So much for buying a new Glock. Levitown is showing $293, is that about right? That looks really good. Look at that shiny truck too, must use Meguiars and/or 303 Graphene perhaps? Good looking truck and this just made it better.
Jeff, you can only shoot 2 guns at a time, right? My guess is you already have that covered? That sounds about right for Levittown.... be sure to check the shipping tho. I found it crazy expensive from NY, so I went with Stage 3. The sealant I use is Seal & Shine by Turtle Wax. I know, I know.... but it's NOT your Father's Turtle Wax! The stuff shines and protects like crazy out here in the salty/snowy environment. Thanks for the kudos on my truck.... Sorry about the Glock!

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
Got these done as well, and definitively recommended based on wheels you get and their offset. But my wheels are flushed now with the fenders and that is exactly the look i prefer

Yinzcity

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
At about an inch, there is some protection I guess? I get a lot of rocker protection from the AMP PowerSteps. ?
Just a hare more, but I'm still running the stock tires, so the old ones worked about as well. The larger mudflaps seem to have the biggest effect, although the leading edge of my factory step mounts has pretty much lost all it's paint from road debris by now.

JeffWoodall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX 4X4
Occupation
Security, Retired military (20 yrs), retired law enforcement (15 yrs)
Vehicle Showcase
Jeff, you can only shoot 2 guns at a time, right? My guess is you already have that covered? That sounds about right for Levittown.... be sure to check the shipping tho. I found it crazy expensive from NY, so I went with Stage 3. The sealant I use is Seal & Shine by Turtle Wax. I know, I know.... but it's NOT your Father's Turtle Wax! The stuff shines and protects like crazy out here in the salty/snowy environment. Thanks for the kudos on my truck.... Sorry about the Glock!
Yeah I got that covered for sure. I actually have the the Turtle wax ice sealant and shine, used it once and was pleased. I’m partial to meguiars liquid wax myself. Thanks for the info.

OP
OP
BButah

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I got that covered for sure. I actually have the the Turtle wax ice sealant and shine, used it once and was pleased. I’m partial to meguiars liquid wax myself. Thanks for the info.
Yes, that is the same stuff...
Forgot the Ice-Ice-Baby ?

IMG_7171.JPG
Sponsored