Tremor 2” level from ford ranger lifts.

CarbonTremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor, 04 Jaguar XJR, 21 Bronco Sport
516CF1BC-6BF5-4365-9162-88AC5C6E09C2.jpeg

took this after work front front.
The cv angles are not bad at all. I see lifted f150s come in all the time with cv angles way worse than this.

not seeing any front end issues from it and no 4x4 issues either. Functions good and looks good.
Good to hear & yes, your truck looks great
Sponsored

CarbonTremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My tremors delta height from front to back and side to side as measured today:
Driver side - 2 3/4"
Passenger- 2 1/2"
Passenger side sits about 1/2" higher than driver

Decisions decisions . The 2" spacer will probably look better and still maintain a 5/8" rake. For the 5% of the time I have something in the bed might look nose high . . . Still want to keep the baja style so maybe 1" . . .

Last edited:

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
I am surprised that a 2" lift on the front of a Tremor doesn't make the truck look nose high.

The other day I dragged my jack out to the truck in the driveway. I first measured the height of the top of the front wheel well to the ground then jacked the front up until the truck looked level using the rocker as a reference then measured the new height to the top of the wheel well. It was exactly 1" more.

LoneRNGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Can you elaborate on what you mean by this?
Skip to about 4:36 to see the right way.

Then watch this. I’m sure they had to replace because they damaged it during a lift install.

OP
OP

Fomocodt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 tremor
Occupation
Automotive technician
Skip to about 4:36 to see the right way.

Then watch this. I’m sure they had to replace because they damaged it during a lift install.

I have put lifts on like that in the past, however with my plan of torquing the fasteners are curb weight, taking the lower control arm down wasnt an option.

Taking the CV out does not damage it and the hubs and axle itself are not the set up like the f150s have that require attention to detail when installing the CV into the IWE hub and torquing it down.

Stage 3 also states they tore it off roading, so im confused how their install damaged the axle.

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers

Randy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I just lifted mine with the 2" kit from Ranger Lifts... Tiresplus here told me that they could not adjust anymore and that the adjustments were centric.. not sure what that means. Here is the print out, I still feel some vibration at 60-75mph... I made an appt to take it to Ford for alignment , 2nd opinion and to perhaps re-balance the tires too and see if that alleviates it.

The vibration is not bad, is subtle and quite fast, maybe comes from the aggressive tires and I am being too anal about it. thoughts?

tempImage0zL30m.png

CarbonTremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If your feeling a vibration at various speeds I would think it's a tire balancing issue. Plus if I'm reading it correctly your alignment specs seem very close to being within parameters.

CarbonTremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bout to install the 1" ranger level kit, I really would like to avoid removing the axle nut. .Also would like to avoid separating cv joints lol . . .would you say taking your time this can be done with out removing axle nut ? Is there a way to compress the coil over in place to slide the top out?

ter240

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat, Tremor
Occupation
Self Employed
Bout to install the 1" ranger level kit, I really would like to avoid removing the axle nut. .Also would like to avoid separating cv joints lol . . .would you say taking your time this can be done with out removing axle nut ? Is there a way to compress the coil over in place to slide the top out?

Check out this video by Ranger Lifts.

He shows a really quick process he uses that avoids the issues you're talking about.

CarbonTremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

He shows a really quick process he uses that avoids the issues you're talking about.
I was watching that and even spoke to Robby who I got the kit from. . I guess he just knows how to do it but idk how he didn't pop the cv out. Looks like he kinda extended and bounced the lca

ter240

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat, Tremor
Occupation
Self Employed
I was watching that and even spoke to Robby who I got the kit from. . I guess he just knows how to do it but idk how he didn't pop the cv out. Looks like he kinda extended and bounced the lca
Let me know how it goes. I bought the same kit and was hoping it'd be as easy as he shows. Good luck.

Randy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019
Vehicle Showcase

wow ok.. never got to watch this video, if his pushing down on the arm to pull and place the strut back on, I am not going to worry on the off road use then.... that pulling and pushing was more than I felt comfortable to push down on the arm to remove that strut.... cool video. He is a cool guy, talked to him on the phone prior to ordering.

here is my Tremor with the 2'' lift kit.

tempImagebaFdkg.png

tempImageIvd1JZ.png

tempImageK2pdfs.png

CarbonTremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wow ok.. never got to watch this video, if his pushing down on the arm to pull and place the strut back on, I am not going to worry on the off road use then.... that pulling and pushing was more than I felt comfortable to push down on the arm to remove that strut.... cool video. He is a cool guy, talked to him on the phone prior to ordering.

here is my Tremor with the 2'' lift kit.

tempImagebaFdkg.png

tempImageIvd1JZ.png

tempImageK2pdfs.png
Your tremor looks great with the 2" level, & yes Robby has been awesome everytime I spoke with him. . . Did you remove the axle nut for install ?
Sponsored