Randy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Your tremor looks great with the 2" level, & yes Robby has been awesome everytime I spoke with him. . . Did you remove the axle nut for install ?

Did not remove the axle nut... I did this same thing on my XLT sport but was not worried since it was the 4x2 version... on this one I was concern, but now I am confident that the little vibration is a tire balancing issue, which I will get them balanced this Sunday and hopefully that quiets down a bit... I know the factory tires are not a quiet type... I really like this truck, much better than the XLT Sport I had for 2 yrs.
Sponsored

CarbonTremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor, 04 Jaguar XJR, 21 Bronco Sport
Did not remove the axle nut... I did this same thing on my XLT sport but was not worried since it was the 4x2 version... on this one I was concern, but now I am confident that the little vibration is a tire balancing issue, which I will get them balanced this Sunday and hopefully that quiets down a bit... I know the factory tires are not a quiet type... I really like this truck, much better than the XLT Sport I had for 2 yrs.
Yeah, I'm really happy also with trwmor package. Carbonized gray is a very cool color. . .I'm about to attempt the install tomorrow morning & really don't want to pull the axle out. Was it very tough to get the strut out and not over extend the cv joints ? Any tricks ?

Randy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I'm really happy also with trwmor package. Carbonized gray is a very cool color. . .I'm about to attempt the install tomorrow morning & really don't want to pull the axle out. Was it very tough to get the strut out and not over extend the cv joints ? Any tricks ?
Eat your Wheaties, takes a few tries as is brand new... on that video I am sure he has removed those things a few times, so it seem effortless to do...

CarbonTremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eat your Wheaties, takes a few tries as is brand new... on that video I am sure he has removed those things a few times, so it seem effortless to do...
Don't know how he didn't separate the cv's extending the lca so far down. . Oh well I'll keep you posted lol

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Don't know how he didn't separate the cv's extending the lca so far down. . Oh well I'll keep you posted lol
I was thinking that too but they seemed to articulate pretty easily, guess I should have ZERO worries about axle angles.

The shop that did the lift kit on my Honda Pilot was lazy and damaged both my front axles by pulling down on them too much. They should have popped off the hub but whatever. I hate that I am fully capable of wrenching but have no time and have to pay people now.

CarbonTremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was thinking that too but they seemed to articulate pretty easily, guess I should have ZERO worries about axle angles.

The shop that did the lift kit on my Honda Pilot was lazy and damaged both my front axles by pulling down on them too much. They should have popped off the hub but whatever. I hate that I am fully capable of wrenching but have no time and have to pay people now.
I hear ya, life always gets in the way lol . . .. so I was fully invested & feeling good this morning. Jacked truck up, assessed what needs to be done, then totally chickened out & put wheel back on . . .:headbang:

ewaltrob

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD RANGER Lariat TREMOR SuperCrew 501A
I did it the same way and popped out the cv axle.
I was watching that and even spoke to Robby who I got the kit from. . I guess he just knows how to do it but idk how he didn't pop the cv out. Looks like he kinda extended and bounced the lca

CarbonTremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ouch. . . I'm gonna tackle this next weekend & remove the axle nut. Ordering new hardware & hunting down some tools this week in preparation

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
I only want to do a 1" level but based off the video, I am guessing I should be ok the way he did it. I will probably have a shop do it but I am tempted to try. Maybe my two boys will take interest in watching.

CarbonTremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I only want to do a 1" level but based off the video, I am guessing I should be ok the way he did it. I will probably have a shop do it but I am tempted to try. Maybe my two boys will take interest in watching.
I'm going to give it a go Saturday, stay posted . . I'm hoping it's not to bad, really the only thing I'm sketched out about is separating the cv while pushing the axle out from the hub. Just going to hold my breath and hit it with a 28oz deadblow hammer . . .

CarbonTremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow, in the middle of trying to install this kit now. Forget about the axle nut how do you get the tie rod end out of the cast knuckle ? Tried beating the thing with a 45oz shot mallet with no luck. Going to try a pitman arm press next.

OxyGenIII

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST maybe Ranger in a couple days.
Can you fit a 285-70-17 on it now? If I buy another Ranger I want a Tremor and a level. Won't go expensive like my last one and do a full Icon kit on it. These are priced right and way easier to install.

Randy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, in the middle of trying to install this kit now. Forget about the axle nut how do you get the tie rod end out of the cast knuckle ? Tried beating the thing with a 45oz shot mallet with no luck. Going to try a pitman arm press next.

success?
Sponsored