Tremor 2” level from ford ranger lifts.

Fomocodt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 tremor
Occupation
Automotive technician
Just wanted to thank Robert and anyone else who works with ford ranger lifts. Ordered my 2” tremor level from them last week, shipping was 2-3 days, packaged nicely.

Today was my saturday to work and took the time to install the kit today. Having a lift makes it a breeze and after some slight prying, the strut with the puck on top goes in. The instructions included with the kit are pretty accurate for the most part, the only thing i did different was completely separate the cv axle from the bearing to ensure i had ample room to pry the lower arm down to fit the strut in.

Aligned it after, the vehicle is so new that our hunter machine did not have the specs for the tremor so I used a 20 4x4 ranger as the vehicle and manually entered the specs for the various angles. Also adjusted headlamps down so im not that guy at night.

Happy with how it turned out and now just to wait for my tonneau cover and a few pigtails from Ford so i can install my bed lights and cover!

Attached is a before and after, before is in the stall, after is where i was adjusting lamps off of the shop door.

63F3EB69-2222-4590-8270-092AC7D633B2.jpeg

3311A47B-11C7-4703-B157-22A750E530EA.jpeg
Sponsored

renewedcaper

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat
Any concern about altering the "tuned suspension" potentially for the worse?

OP
OP

Fomocodt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 tremor
Occupation
Automotive technician
Any concern about altering the "tuned suspension" potentially for the worse?
nah not really any concern for that at all. Ive put suspension parts on raptor’s and seen those trucks in for service for years with no detrimental effects.

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Man, really looks about perfectly level huh? If I did not tow so much I might consider the 2" kit but for me I think the 1" is the way to go.

Man, the ONE thing I miss about being a tech is having a bay to work on my own cars.

OP
OP

Fomocodt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 tremor
Occupation
Automotive technician
Man, really looks about perfectly level huh? If I did not tow so much I might consider the 2" kit but for me I think the 1" is the way to go.

Man, the ONE thing I miss about being a tech is having a bay to work on my own cars.
It is .5” lower in the front after install/alignment.

And yes it is a big perk. Once i transition out of this business in a few years i want to install a two post in my shop.

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
It is .5” lower in the front after install/alignment.

And yes it is a big perk. Once i transition out of this business in a few years i want to install a two post in my shop.
Thanks for the info, some of the guys with the 2.5" level kits seemed level in pics but think one guy said his back end was 0.5" lower. Maybe he keeps some gear in his to do that.

Well man, good looking stance. I need to get my 1" kit already. I am local to RFL which keeps making me procrastinate on ordering since I want to try to work out a local pickup when schedule allows.

Cpore55

First Name
CJ Pore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Inventory planner- Meat solutions
I have the 1” installed, then the 2” came out. Disappointed that it came out later. Id much rather have the 2, but i paid for an alignment after getting the 1” put on. So not going to return/swap.
from someone with a 1”,
Go with 2”

doctormario

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Software Engineer
I have the 1" from RangerLifts (not installed yet) but after seeing how good the 2" looks I may have to go that route.

What's the bare minimum tools/experience would I need to do this myself or would I be better off getting a professional do it? I watched Robby's video and it seems fairly straightforward. However, computers make much more sense to me than whatever magic makes this truck run :)

RBTremor

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang Convertible, 2019 Mustang Conv. 2.3L
Does anybody know what size tires will fit with just putting a 2" on the front and maybe cutting out crash bars?

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Does anybody know what size tires will fit with just putting a 2" on the front and maybe cutting out crash bars?
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/tremor-with-35s.15007/

Ask this owner but it seems he got 35's to fit with just the 2" level kit and some trimming. I think he took crash bars out. Not sure fully but it is a Tremor on 35's and his "build" page I could only find mention of a 2" kit. Best to double check by asking.

CarbonTremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor, 04 Jaguar XJR, 21 Bronco Sport
How do the angles look on the cv joints? . . .truck looks great, I'm waffling between the 1" & 2" now.

LoneRNGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Probably 265/70R17 will fit.

LoneRNGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
the only thing i did different was completely separate the cv axle from the bearing
Yeah. Don’t do that. Now they will not last very long.

OP
OP

Fomocodt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 tremor
Occupation
Automotive technician
How do the angles look on the cv joints? . . .truck looks great, I'm waffling between the 1" & 2" now.
516CF1BC-6BF5-4365-9162-88AC5C6E09C2.jpeg

took this after work front front.
The cv angles are not bad at all. I see lifted f150s come in all the time with cv angles way worse than this.

not seeing any front end issues from it and no 4x4 issues either. Functions good and looks good.

OP
OP

Fomocodt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 tremor
Occupation
Automotive technician
Yeah. Don’t do that. Now they will not last very long.
Can you elaborate on what you mean by this?

I took them fully out of knuckle so when i was prying down lower control arm it didnt stress the axle and when going back together supporting the lower control arm before tightening so the weight was on the vehicle and the axle wasnt in a bind or odd angle before reassembly and torquing.
Sponsored