John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 (5ft bed) shadow black
Occupation
Vagrant
Team,
I am attempting to install the following item on my 2020 Ranger Lariat FX4. It works with the 4pin plugged in, but it disables the lines on the backup assist display (as if im towing a trailer.) Any thoughts on how to retain the parking assist while utilizing this?

Of note - the light holds sentimental value to me, which is why I'd like to keep it.

Thanks for your time,

John

1611445883746.png
1611446066667.png
Sponsored

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Team,
I am attempting to install the following item on my 2020 Ranger Lariat FX4. It works with the 4pin plugged in, but it disables the lines on the backup assist display (as if im towing a trailer.) Any thoughts on how to retain the parking assist while utilizing this?

Of note - the light holds sentimental value to me, which is why I'd like to keep it.

Thanks for your time,

John

1611445883746.png
1611446066667.png
Another one, this has been an issue with any extra lighting plugged into either the 4 or 7 pin connector. Anything plugged into the trailer connectors tells the truck trailer is connected and turns off the rear parking and cross traffic sensors, also messes with BLIS.

Only fix I've heard of is splicing into the taillight wiring and installing an isolating module. Probably do a search and find the info about how they hooked their tailgate light bar up. I wouldn't wire wire directly to the taillights without the isolator, probably throw all kinds of alerts.

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
When you configure the Ranger for your trailer (steering wheel buttons) I think there is an option you can choose for a trailer length of 2 feet (or something like that) and I think that might solve your problems. I think this is documented in your owners manual.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
When you configure the Ranger for your trailer (steering wheel buttons) I think there is an option you can choose for a trailer length of 2 feet (or something like that) and I think that might solve your problems. I think this is documented in your owners manual.
Hi Al,

It is 3 ft. I have mine set at this for the tail gate led string. Sad it disables some of the cross traffic features. Saw a Ranger that other day in front of me and he had the same LED string, but wired incorrectly...so he signaled left turn and the taillight showed left blink but the LED string showed blinking Right turn. Sheesh!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retrired
Sponsored