First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
Bill, 40 years of day dreaming and saving. I turn 62 at the end of this month and I’m joining you in retirement on 30 Dec 22. My wife and I started planning out 10 years ago how we’d think we’d like the final chapter in our lives be and the good LORD has been on our side making dreams come true.
Good for you John. I have been retired for a long time and I honestly can’t tell you how I had time for a real job, given all we are doing even now, when we have turned the wick down on travel, toys, etc. We are very busy. The difference is we are doing exactly what we want every minute.

I look forward to reading all about it as the years roll on.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SteveH

SteveH

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco sport. 2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Master technician
So. At the moment. I'm thinking the X350, blower., and the cab. Along with chains and weights.
Think this might be the ticket. The cab, though. Why that cost?

Bravohook

First Name
Addame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Sheepdog
Since we are getting up there in age. I'm looking at getting away from push mowing. And walk behind snow blowers. So, along with RV shopping. I'm looking at John Deere tractors. I know back in the day they were bullet proof. How are they now?
I'm looking at the X330 tractor and the 44"snow blower attachment. And. Of course. Chains and weights. Not looking into a cab yet.
22 HP twin. B&S motor. When did they switch from Kawasaki?
Opinions please.
2000000001.jpg

Or. The Cub Cadet XT2 LX46 with the 23 HP Kohler with hydrostatic tranny.

Cub-Cadet_XT2_LX46_2000x2000_2.jpg

Not liking the snow blower for this. But like the Kohler engined.
I would go for the X seriers John Deere over the Cub. The X series you are supposed to get from an equipment dealer so the assembly process is better then the average teenager at home depot or lowes where you can get the cub.

OP
OP
SteveH

SteveH

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Master technician
I would go for the X seriers John Deere over the Cub. The X series you are supposed to get from an equipment dealer so the assembly process is better then the average teenager at home depot or lowes where you can get the cub.
Thanks. That is what I'm looking at. Through a John Deere dealer. Not the stuff from the big box stores.

Bravohook

First Name
Addame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Sheepdog
Thanks. That is what I'm looking at. Through a John Deere dealer. Not the stuff from the big box stores.
And you will be glad you had paid the extra for cab when your blowing snow…my neighbor has an X5 series not sure which one but the cab while blowing is a must he said.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
that is a sweet little john deer. I like it, plus ive heard all of the lawn tractors from jd are usa made still. most of the ag tractors are built outside the states. I think they have like 4 china factories... for the cost of a new lawn tractor / mower you could get a older small tractor that would last forever, parts are cheap and it would do more than just mow if you need it for the future. PTO three point lift, shovel, 4x4 etc. if you got a heavy snow you could be the hero of the neighborhood with a front end piece on tractor lol.
1659976095878.png

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
I have a Kubota BX With a 60 inch deck and 48 inch Woodmaxxx pto blower to handle the lake snow we get. Keep about 7 acres mowed and it only burns a little over 1/2 gallon a hour of diesel. It handles 3 ft of snow no problem. Here is a recent video of a small storm this spring.

Also just picked up a sickle mower for it to clean up around my pond. Used to weed whack it but been pretty bad from reactions after the second Covid jab ( Fatigue, muscle loss, brain fog, and autoimmune problems) and can't do that anymore so I tried this.

A compact tractor is made to last when worked hard. I also have an old Deere 4100 that had many serious expensive to repair problems so I switched to Kubota.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
I have a Kubota BX With a 60 inch deck and 48 inch Woodmaxxx pto blower to handle the lake snow we get. Keep about 7 acres mowed and it only burns a little over 1/2 gallon a hour of diesel. It handles 3 ft of snow no problem. Here is a recent video of a small storm this spring.

Also just picked up a sickle mower for it to clean up around my pond. Used to weed whack it but been pretty bad from reactions after the second Covid jab ( Fatigue, muscle loss, brain fog, and autoimmune problems) and can't do that anymore so I tried this.

A compact tractor is made to last when worked hard. I also have an old Deere 4100 that had many serious expensive to repair problems so I switched to Kubota.
Cool videos.

OP
OP
SteveH

SteveH

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Master technician
I ordered the X350 and the snowblower, weights, chains, and trailer. They changed the front fender design. So the cab won't fix. Will get one once they have one for this model.
Thanks for the tips and advice!

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Got her delivered today! It is a bit larger than I thought. But I'm liking it! Thanks for the input guys!

20220902_122355.jpg
Looks like a nice set up

samsd

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 HPR, 2016 Town and Country, 2004 Road King Custom
Occupation
Retired
Got her delivered today! It is a bit larger than I thought. But I'm liking it! Thanks for the input guys!

20220902_122355.jpg
I want to see a vid of that machine in action this winter. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.
1662155296492.png
Sponsored

Last edited: