Toyo AT3 balancing issues

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 PKG
Occupation
Sales
I'm not complaining because it's bound to happen and I haven't heard of any Toyo AT3 balancing issues.

But when I first had them mounted I had a shake took it to American tires and the re balanced them still shook. I went back after work and they said they made the mistake and fixed it. However rotated my tires Saturday after my oil change and boom there it is.

It isn't as bad as it was but it seems they put it on the rear after they said it was good to go. Now I need to take it back. I have the warranty through them I should be good.

Shit happens I just hope they can knock it out but wanted to let me know it happens with alot of companies.
Sponsored

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Have they tried to rotate the tire on the wheel 180 or 90 degrees to see if it's a better balance? Might have a belt a tad heavier in one spot, moving the tire on the wheel beats having a pound of weight on one side of a rim

OP
OP
Lost19Ranger

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
Have they tried to rotate the tire on the wheel 180 or 90 degrees to see if it's a better balance? Might have a belt a tad heavier in one spot, moving the tire on the wheel beats having a pound of weight on one side of a rim
They did that the last time around. So I'm sure they will move it around to get it right this time.

CashSeeAO

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Semi-retired engineer
That’s unfortunate. On some tires, road force balancing is what’s required to smooth things out. A spin balancer can only do so much. About 3 years ago, I bought a set of tires from Tirerack for another vehicle. Even road force balance could not smooth out one of the tires. Tirerack replaced it after one quick phone call. They even sent UPS to our house to pick up the bad tire. Tirerack is a great company.

OP
OP
Lost19Ranger

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
That’s unfortunate. On some tires, road force balancing is what’s required to smooth things out. A spin balancer can only do so much. About 3 years ago, I bought a set of tires from Tirerack for another vehicle. Even road force balance could not smooth out one of the tires. Tirerack replaced it after one quick phone call. They even sent UPS to our house to pick up the bad tire. Tirerack is a great company.
Yes that is the plan,

driverdenali

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XL SXT
I'm not complaining because it's bound to happen and I haven't heard of any Toyo AT3 balancing issues.

But when I first had them mounted I had a shake took it to American tires and the re balanced them still shook. I went back after work and they said they made the mistake and fixed it. However rotated my tires Saturday after my oil change and boom there it is.

It isn't as bad as it was but it seems they put it on the rear after they said it was good to go. Now I need to take it back. I have the warranty through them I should be good.

Shit happens I just hope they can knock it out but wanted to let me know it happens with alot iof companies.
Balance beads work wonders for odd size/weight tires.

OP
OP
Lost19Ranger

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
Update!

Well went to my appointment and 3rd time was not the charm they said it's way off. They said if I feel any vibration to call them and they would replace the tire (2500) miles on existing. As soon As I left I felt it and called right away it was worse than when I went in.

The guy was awesome he said not a problem we will call you when the new one comes in and that was it.

I have to give to America's tire, their customer service is always top tier. In today's world that is one thing that can make an annoyance a bit better. So fingers crossed the new tire is good to go.

OP
OP
Lost19Ranger

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
New tire in and hoping we are good to go! They showed me the tire and boy that thing was off!!

I Will report back later today

OP
OP
Lost19Ranger

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
Took it on the freeway and all good to go.

I will still be going general next time but now I can say these feel pretty good

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
My Falken WildPeak tires have a balance issue at 70+ . Shop.is going to swap the wheel weights for balance beads later this week.

Mcoop57

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4X4, 2016 Honda Goldwing, 2017 Volkswagen GTI
Occupation
Retired
I put on Toyo At3’s about 600 miles ago, and they are flawless. 265/65/R17 stock suspension. Gas mileage seems to have taken a bit of a hit, wish i would have documented what it got with the stock Bridgestones.

Last edited: