First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Project Manager
Found this the other day, turned out to be a rather interesting watch. Would have liked to see more aggressive tires tested (according to the video creator it might happen in the future), but I must say that the Toyo AT3's made a rather poor showing...

Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Didnt bother to watch it as it seemed to not show a true comparison of tires. Instead it tried to compare different classes of tires.

BS67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Eye Tech, 2A supporter, USMC "Doc" '89-'95
I had the Toyo AT3s on my previous vehicle and loved 'em! I'll buy 'em for the XLT when the Duelers are worn out!

OP
OP
RangerPNW

RangerPNW

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manager
I had the Toyo AT3s on my previous vehicle and loved 'em! I'll buy 'em for the XLT when the Duelers are worn out!
I've heard lots of good about them, so these results were a bit surprising. Could very well be the size he tested just wasn't the best case for them.

OP
OP
RangerPNW

RangerPNW

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manager
Didnt bother to watch it as it seemed to not show a true comparison of tires. Instead it tried to compare different classes of tires.
Thanks for sharing...

BS67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Eye Tech, 2A supporter, USMC "Doc" '89-'95
I've heard lots of good about them, so these results were a bit surprising. Could very well be the size he tested just wasn't the best case for them.
Could be!

N559br

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Retired
I had a set of AT3s on my Land Rover Discovery TD6. They were great both on road and boat ramps. In the limited snow I get they were more than capable. Definitely on my.list to replace the Hankooks.

Wes Siler

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WesSiler.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2020 Toyota Land Cruiser
Occupation
Writer
This is a weird test. With the exception of the Toyos, all the selected tires are highway terrain, not really all terrain tires. For instance, the ATIII competes with the BFG K02, not whichever BFG road tire they test here. It's also worth noting all these tires are p-metric, not LT. So, again, more road biased. The testing is then weighted towards on-road performance, not off-road traction.

I can't claim to have tested every tire in the AT segment, but the Toyos are the best all-round truck tire I've personally experienced. I run them on both of my trucks.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
This is a weird test. With the exception of the Toyos, all the selected tires are highway terrain, not really all terrain tires. For instance, the ATIII competes with the BFG K02, not whichever BFG road tire they test here. It's also worth noting all these tires are p-metric, not LT. So, again, more road biased. The testing is then weighted towards on-road performance, not off-road traction.

I can't claim to have tested every tire in the AT segment, but the Toyos are the best all-round truck tire I've personally experienced. I run them on both of my trucks.
i was thinking the same thing. several years ago 4 wheeler magazine did a test of best at tire among the popular choices at the time and they had pretty good amount of fair equal testing. results were a lot more predictable.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I've been extremely happy with my AT3s - I have probably 10,000 miles on them now, maybe a little bit more. Traction in mud and snow was WAY, WAY better than the Hankooks - and they are pretty quiet on road too.

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
I’ve had many brands on other trucks and Toyo is hands down the winner!!! When my hankooky’s wear out then that’s my choice!! BFG and Falken would be next on the list in that order..

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
Let me add that I’ve never had a failure on many sets of Toyo!!

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Everyone knows that Tires perform much better than Tyres. The "I" gets more grip and traction than the "Y" does. That's probably why they fared so poorly in this vid.

TOMDEE

Banned
Banned
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 lariat
Occupation
retired