Topper Shell

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
I wish there was a hybrid topper available that combined features of the soft topper with those of a tri fold. sorta like a pop up camper. I use my truck for mainly work so stuff is stored in the bed regularity so i need the security of a hard tonneau but don't need a fiberglass topper shell 100% of the time. Times i would like to have more storage height for hauling oversize parts to a service call while protecting from the elements.
Sponsored

Toast.

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Project Manager
The price difference was a big part of why I got the Leer Legend over the ARE.

One caveat - it turns out that Leer is not currently putting vented windoors into Ranger caps - either sliding windows with vents, or an all-glass windoor. I've decided to work around that with some no-see-um mesh and velcro tape instead of paying an extra $1000 dollars (and waiting for another two months) for an ARE.
The local dealer that sent me the quote explicitly called out that it has “large side sliders with bug screens” In their email. I had them quote the 100R — maybe that’s the difference? Or maybe my dude is just wrong. I’ll confirm when I swing by their place on Tuesday to start the order.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I have slide windows with screen and dog screen on my Leer.

Deleted member 1634

The local dealer that sent me the quote explicitly called out that it has “large side sliders with bug screens” In their email. I had them quote the 100R — maybe that’s the difference? Or maybe my dude is just wrong. I’ll confirm when I swing by their place on Tuesday to start the order.
He is correct that the Ranger Leer topper is not available with sliding/vented windoors. I ran into that issue as well as that is precisely what I wanted. You can get it with the regular/standard sliding windows, like the one you spec'd out, or with solid windoors, but not the combination.

Unfortunately I didn't find out until a few weeks after I ordered and they had already started building it. So the dealer I worked with was greatly misinformed and it ended up costing me. If I was a stronger person, I would've refused the order and gone with an ARE to get the option I wanted. I ended up with a solid windoor on the driver's side and a standard slider on the passenger side. In the end, it's worked out okay and I've compensated accordingly, but it's definitely a disappointment that will likely keep me from ever going back to that dealer, and maybe even from getting a Leer again.

Toast.

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Project Manager
He is correct that the Ranger Leer topper is not available with sliding/vented windoors. I ran into that issue as well as that is precisely what I wanted. You can get it with the regular/standard sliding windows, like the one you spec'd out, or with solid windoors, but not the combination.

Unfortunately I didn't find out until a few weeks after I ordered and they had already started building it. So the dealer I worked with was greatly misinformed and it ended up costing me. If I was a stronger person, I would've refused the order and gone with an ARE to get the option I wanted. I ended up with a solid windoor on the driver's side and a standard slider on the passenger side. In the end, it's worked out okay and I've compensated accordingly, but it's definitely a disappointment that will likely keep me from ever going back to that dealer, and maybe even from getting a Leer again.
Well that's disappointing. Mine is on order and has a couple weeks left until I'm supposed to get it, and the guy reiterated during my visit that they had the screens. So I'm anticipating a similar deal to you...and hopefully a bit of a refund based on this oversight.

I'm honestly not that concerned with this detail though, as I don't have a pup and don't plan on sleeping back there anyways.

Spocksranger

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
My CX Revo is being installed today. 10 weeks to get it. Crazy backlog at A.R.E. Will post pic as soon as I can.

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
E26B2E76-1531-4978-AB44-4789B2F30164.jpeg

Here’s the new CX Revo. Only issue is factory forgot to install the Yakima tracks. Installer has ordered them for me.
Is the inset window the only thing that moves on the sides? Does the main glass pop out too?

OffroadAlliance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2021 Raptor, 2022 F250, 2023 Bronco
The RSI cap is new to North America! Completely stainless steel construction, large side gullwing windows and smaller slider windows for all those dogs needing some fresh air.

Check them out here ---->>>> OFFROADALLIANCE.COM

h4ALRB8.jpg

6uBAI4J.png

tVDflCF.jpg

AuburnRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lightning Blue Lariat FX4
The RSI cap is new to North America! Completely stainless steel construction, large side gullwing windows and smaller slider windows for all those dogs needing some fresh air.

Check them out here ---->>>> OFFROADALLIANCE.COM

h4ALRB8.jpg

6uBAI4J.png

tVDflCF.jpg
Do you know of any customers that have had theirs delivered yet? I’m interested to see some non-promotional pics and hear impressions on fitment. The Tacoma guys’ main complaint seems to be fitment, with the cap not coming back far enough.

OffroadAlliance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
Do you know of any customers that have had theirs delivered yet? I’m interested to see some non-promotional pics and hear impressions on fitment. The Tacoma guys’ main complaint seems to be fitment, with the cap not coming back far enough.
The very first batch of caps is basically shipping out this week. So there should be some pictures and first hand customer feedback here very shortly.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Eventually I'd Like a Decked Drawer System and a topper. My concern is that the topper and drawers (with some modest contents) may eat up too much capacity for weight.

OffroadAlliance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
Eventually I'd Like a Decked Drawer System and a topper. My concern is that the topper and drawers (with some modest contents) may eat up too much capacity for weight.
If weight is a concern, you've got options like upgrading the rear shocks, an add-a-leaf kit and/or a rear helper air bag system. All are relatively low cost items but would help combat the rear suspension sag and help carry the increased weight.
Sponsored