gbritt89

First Name
Garret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone seen a leer brand topper on a supercab? Haven't seen anything but crewcabs posting here. I was given the following quotes from a local cap installer and I verified with the person that reached out that I have a 2 door with 6' bed and was told...

"A Leer 100R with framed rear door and 50/50 sliding windows is $1692, 100XR with solid glass rear door and 50/50 sliding windows is $1890, and the 100XL with a solid glass rear door and 1/3 vent out windows is $2196. Installation is $206, and to add the “Windoor” option, which lets you have access to the truck bed form a side window, is $200 per side. One ordered takes two weeks for delivery and is color matched using the manufacturer paint code."

Deleted member 1634

Added my own Yakima pads and rack this afternoon to my topper. Cheaper than factory installed racks and I was able to pick and place them exactly where I wanted. Threw my roof cage on for a bit just to see how it looks. Doesn't quite look how I imagined, but pretty cool nevertheless I think. Easy to take on and off as well.

IMG_20200529_192018202.jpg

IMG_20200529_193745955.jpg

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Added my own Yakima pads and rack this afternoon to my topper. Cheaper than factory installed racks and I was able to pick and place them exactly where I wanted. Threw my roof cage on for a bit just to see how it looks. Doesn't quite look how I imagined, but pretty cool nevertheless I think. Easy to take on and off as well.

IMG_20200529_192018202.jpg

IMG_20200529_193745955.jpg
Did the rack system come with measurements for drilling or did you just draw and go with it?

Deleted member 1634

Did the rack system come with measurements for drilling or did you just draw and go with it?
It didn't come with measurements, no. I put the pads where I wanted them. In the fore/aft direction I spaced them exactly the same as the rack on our camper, to make moving racks, the cage, and any other attachments between vehicles easier. Then lined them up with the roof strips on the cab in the right/left direction, just to have an easier reference line and to also appease my OCD. haha But that's the beauty of this setup. I was able to put everything exactly the way I wanted it.

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
It didn't come with measurements, no. I put the pads where I wanted them. In the fore/aft direction I spaced them exactly the same as the rack on our camper, to make moving racks, the cage, and any other attachments between vehicles easier. Then lined them up with the roof strips on the cab in the right/left direction, just to have an easier reference line and to also appease my OCD. haha But that's the beauty of this setup. I was able to put everything exactly the way I wanted it.
Nice. My next project (once funds are available) is adding a rack system to the top of my shell as well and then installing a tent system.

Deleted member 1634

Mounted our kayaks flat on the new racks. Heading on an adventure this weekend and wanted to get everything situated early since it's the first time doing it this way. It's going to take some practice working out a new mounting routine. But so far they're much more stable and move less than when they were in the J-hooks over the cab.

IMG_20200604_190305420_HDR.jpg

Costa

First Name
Costa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger xlt supercab
Occupation
Offset Operator
Considering ARE V series. Does anyone know if an XLT super cab with 302a & tech package & remote start unlocks the tailgate with the key fob?
Thanks
Al
I have an XLT supercab 302a, fully loaded with the remote start and yes it does unlock the tailgate