Tools

Chris4x4Gill2

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger FX4 Lariat
12v Air compressor is the most used tool I have in any of my vehicles.

I'm still trying to figure out my tool load for the Ranger as well. Right now I have a small 1/2"socket set, air compressor and tow strap. Will add Screwdrivers, needlenose, channel locks, nut driver to fit any hose clamps.

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
Wrench to remove battery cable for reset, phone, and extended warranty. Not much your going to fix on these with hand tools.

rcairflr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
retired
Wrench to remove battery cable for reset, phone,
It cracks me up that people (other than serious off roaders) think they need to haul a bunch of tools with them. Honestly, I cannot remember the last time I needed a tool in my vehicle. If I was to guess, i would think it was somewhere around 1979.
You pretty much hit it dead on with the only tool really needed is a cell phone for an emergency

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
It would be nice if we could get one of those list of all the needed tools / sizes for basic things on the 5g. Back in the day the old haynes and chilton repair manuals would list the tools needed. i guess now its more like a list of software and sensors.

rcairflr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
retired
It would be nice if we could get one of those list of all the needed tools / sizes for basic things on the 5g. Back in the day the old haynes and chilton repair manuals would list the tools needed. i guess now its more like a list of software and sensors.
On a modern vehicle, what is basic? What do you think you could fix on the road?

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
On a modern vehicle, what is basic? What do you think you could fix on the road?
alternator, starter, hoses, belt maybe even a water pump if really screwed. even some needle nose to replace a fuse or relay. while being rolling computers they still have some bolt on parts that you can swap with basic hand tools.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
I know people will say, "and do you carry all of those with you" lol. honestly if i was going out on an adventure overland trip, yes.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
15mm socket covers 95% of your problems!
Sponsored