SknyGny

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Cooper STT Pro are on my girl, 265/70r17. Rubbed crash bars, replaced with BDS after market ones.

IMG_4577.jpg
Sponsored

steve512

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I have the Falken Wildpeak AT3W on my leveled FX4 and am very pleased with them.

BIG improvement over the Hankooks in ride, traction, and handling.

Plus they look cool. :like:
Hello DrZ,
Can you recommend a level kit?
I have the same brand and model of tires.
Looking to level the front on factory 18 wheels.
Thanks in advance!

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Hello DrZ,
Thanks in advance!
There are many different kits available and range across a wide price spectrum.

Cheapest is a spacer level that simply moves the spring/strut top mounting point.

Then there is a combo kit (I have the Zone 2" leveling kit) that uses a thinner spacer and also a collar that pre-compresses the spring a bit to achieve the level.

Next up would be a leveling strut that uses the factory spring but has an adjustable mounting point to change the height (Bilstein and Eibach are the most common ones).

Last and best (and most expensive) is replacing the factory strut/spring assembly with a new coilover.

Stage 3 is a vendor here and the posted link goes to their assortment of leveling kits for the Ranger.

There is a dizzying array available.

Personally, while I am happy with my Zone kit, if I had it to do over I'd have done the full Bilstein kit instead. I recently installed their rear shocks and they were a big improvement over factory so I would expect their front struts would be a similar improvement. My Ranger is not my main off road vehicle so I don't really need the full suspension kits.

While a spacer level is fine if you just want to fit bigger tires or only plan mild off-roading, for anything more you would want to skip the spacer kits.

Good Luck and welcome to the site!

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Hello DrZ,
Thanks in advance!
Hey, Steve, nice fish, and welcome to the forum! I put the Ford Performance Leveling Kit (from Levittown Ford, always high quality parts at the best price anywhere, and with reliable service) on my FX4 (with the 18-inch stock wheels) and then later replaced the stock Hankooks with Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws. The Ford kit is a bit more expensive than some of the other solutions discussed here, but it is a "one-and-done" solution for a great ride and definitely the way to go in my book!

steve512

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
There are many different kits available and range across a wide price spectrum.

Cheapest is a spacer level that simply moves the spring/strut top mounting point.

Then there is a combo kit (I have the Zone 2" leveling kit) that uses a thinner spacer and also a collar that pre-compresses the spring a bit to achieve the level.

Next up would be a leveling strut that uses the factory spring but has an adjustable mounting point to change the height (Bilstein and Eibach are the most common ones).

Last and best (and most expensive) is replacing the factory strut/spring assembly with a new coilover.

Stage 3 is a vendor here and the posted link goes to their assortment of leveling kits for the Ranger.

There is a dizzying array available.

Personally, while I am happy with my Zone kit, if I had it to do over I'd have done the full Bilstein kit instead. I recently installed their rear shocks and they were a big improvement over factory so I would expect their front struts would be a similar improvement. My Ranger is not my main off road vehicle so I don't really need the full suspension kits.

While a spacer level is fine if you just want to fit bigger tires or only plan mild off-roading, for anything more you would want to skip the spacer kits.

Good Luck and welcome to the site!
Have a RWD and just looking to create a better stance, no off-road.
Looking at the rough country 2.5" level, do you have experience with this brand?
Thanks sir

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Have a RWD and just looking to create a better stance, no off-road.
Looking at the rough country 2.5" level, do you have experience with this brand?
Thanks sir
I do not, but there are many here on the site running it.

Poke around in the Suspension/Chassis threads and you will find lots of guys running it.

Nathan289

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger lariat fx4, 2019 mazda cx3, 1963 falco
Occupation
Leo
Hi everyone - I've tried reading through the stickied threads but it gets a bit overwhelming to read through 20+ page threads on a subject I don't know much about. I am hoping for some recommendations and education on upgrading my tires on my truck.
I have the 2019 Lariat FX4 model and had the Ford Performance level kit installed a few months ago. I love to go off-roading and would like more capable tires for that, but the truck will still be my daily driver to work about 5 miles away. I still have the factory installed Dynapro AT tires at 265/60R18 110T.

Thanks in advance
I installed 265/70r18 on the stock wheels.
Eibach pro truck 2.0 kit..
No rubbing, no crash bar mods...

Pick whatever tires you like best..

Reactions: EJH

HighFivenWhiteGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks for starting this thread and for everyone's responses. I also have a '19 Lariat FX4 with the 18" wheels and am getting the FP Fox kit. Currently exploring tire options and sizes, I'll keep the thread updated with what I find and pictures.

Ericrcif

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariant FX4
Occupation
Retired
I have Fox 2.0 coilovers and Fox 2.0 rear shocks which leveled my truck nicely. I then changed out the stock tires to BFG KO2 LT265/65 R18 with no rubbing even off-roading.

My truck is my daily driver and these tires are great on the highway. They really shine off-road no slipping and able to crawl over jagged rocks with no problem( deflate to 25 psi depending on terrain).They also have a great look to them. That’s my opinion. Let me know yours.

40148E56-EEF3-4D6B-94FD-DE291D5D4ED3.jpeg

16E6CECF-67C7-4867-B221-A7CF1B29CF04.jpeg

84CCC494-4C0C-47BB-BECA-A89A48C2B021.jpeg

EFA6470B-5967-449F-B65F-4D6E5DB435C0.jpeg
Love these tires, had them in the past and can't wait to put some wear on my stock tires so I can get them again.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for starting this thread and for everyone's responses. I also have a '19 Lariat FX4 with the 18" wheels and am getting the FP Fox kit. Currently exploring tire options and sizes, I'll keep the thread updated with what I find and pictures.
Looks like we bought pretty much the same truck. After I put the Ford/Fox kit on mine, I kept the wheels and tire sizes the same but replaced the stock Hankooks (which are not actually a bad tire) with Falken Wildpeak A/T3Ws (which actually are a great tire). Loving the lift and the tires!
Sponsored