Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have suggestions or tips when installing the front strut/springs and the rears on the eibach pro lift? I definitely want to do it myself and installed the space kit myself (which I'll be removing). Just a little weary by the spring compressor .... so any tips would be appreciated! (or if you know fo any shops do this for cheap, like tire/automotive quick places).
Sponsored

Last edited:

I_smell_like_diesel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat
Occupation
Self Employed
It might be worth contacting a shop that has a proper and safe spring compressor. Any good shop should be willing to disassemble and reassemble your struts for a small fee and/or beer. The old "threaded rod" compressors work but they are sketchy. Anyone who says they trust them and they're not dangerous have not turned a wrench for a living. As far as install, I liked pulling the lower control arms rather than popping the upper ball joints. You'll be disturbing that lower control arm cam bolts but you'll be needing an alighment anyways. Plus, there's less of a chance of messing up your halfshafts.

OP
OP
coblueberryranger

coblueberryranger

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
It might be worth contacting a shop that has a proper and safe spring compressor. Any good shop should be willing to disassemble and reassemble your struts for a small fee and/or beer. The old "threaded rod" compressors work but they are sketchy. Anyone who says they trust them and they're not dangerous have not turned a wrench for a living. As far as install, I liked pulling the lower control arms rather than popping the upper ball joints. You'll be disturbing that lower control arm cam bolts but you'll be needing an alighment anyways. Plus, there's less of a chance of messing up your halfshafts.
Awesome, thanks for the reply. Yeah I installed the spacers myself before so I'm honestly not too concerned about uninstalling/reinstalling the shocks entirely, just that compression part!

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I agree as well. When mine comes in I’ll be doing everything except swapping the springs. They’ll be going to a shop with a wall-mounted spring compressor.

Str8sh0otr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x4
What about the rear? Mine are scheduled for delivery today and it's cold so want to be as fast as possible. The online instructions aren't explicit but I assume shaft oriented down towards the axle? Also are the sleeves the correct size? If not what do I need? Can they be easily pressed out of the OEM shocks?

OP
OP
coblueberryranger

coblueberryranger

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
What about the rear? Mine are scheduled for delivery today and it's cold so want to be as fast as possible. The online instructions aren't explicit but I assume shaft oriented down towards the axle? Also are the sleeves the correct size? If not what do I need? Can they be easily pressed out of the OEM shocks?
The rears should have the logo at the top and shock boots on bottom from what I've seen. It was super difficult to bench press and compress I had to use a floor jack to do so

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
The rears should have the logo at the top and shock boots on bottom from what I've seen. It was super difficult to bench press and compress I had to use a floor jack to do so
One of us has it backwards...I have my boot on top:)

OP
OP
coblueberryranger

coblueberryranger

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
One of us has it backwards...I have my boot on top:)
Haha I think I read the logos are supposed to be facing correctly but I'm sure it doesn't make a difference either way

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Haha I think I read the logos are supposed to be facing correctly but I'm sure it doesn't make a difference either way
I've seen other trucks without boots and it's clear they're strut rod is at the bottom...but I could've swore Eibach's instruction was to have them facing up with boot on...

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I've seen other trucks without boots and it's clear they're strut rod is at the bottom...but I could've swore Eibach's instruction was to have them facing up with boot on...
I guess it can go either way but here's a Eibach pro truck sport rear shocks install ( 12:35 in ) with boot on top on a F-150. I've seen Bilstein video installs boot up too.

Last edited:

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I was under the impression the boot goes down since it’d be easier to puncture the shock body than it would be to damage the rod/shaft of the shock.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The front struts have the shaft up so doesn't it make sense the rears should as well?

OP
OP
coblueberryranger

coblueberryranger

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
The front struts have the shaft up so doesn't it make sense the rears should as well?
That's a good thought. But I swear I read somewhere on the manual or something that the logos should be facing right side up but anyways should probably ask someone at Eibach
Sponsored