Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sport Lariat 2WD Plat. White
I did

I did a set of 4; 2 on each side in the existing holes. I had to saw and grind down the backs to 1/2 of what they were, in order to fit. With a real grinder and/or vice it can be done in 5 minutes...took me 2 hours with a hacksaw blade and light duty Dremel-type tool. :curse::explode::facepalm:
2 hrs! Holy cow, just took me maybe 10 mins with a course hand saw.
Sponsored

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Something I've been scratching my head about... why do the SuperCrew with the little short beds get (6) tie downs.... but the SuperCab, which is a bigger bed, only get (4) tie downs?

Or did they maybe remove the tie downs when they sprayed the factory toughbed liner?

Stock SuperCrew Bed.jpg
Tie Downs 001.JPG

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
They made a change. Everyone used to get 6, now everyone gets 4. Nothing to do with the bed size.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
They made a change. Everyone used to get 6, now everyone gets 4. Nothing to do with the bed size.
Why on earth would they do such a thing?

Toyota has a plethora of tie downs and bed attachments... Ford comes along and just deletes a 3rd of their's. Seem like a cheapskate move.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why on earth would they do such a thing?

Toyota has a plethora of tie downs and bed attachments... Ford comes along and just deletes a 3rd of their's. Seem like a cheapskate move.
Nobody knows

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
4AD241C4-B089-4DC8-A1EE-388FF88365CE.jpeg
One of the reason I built a headache rack with side rails. The side rails come in very handy for tying things off to

Reactions: Doc

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Legalkill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 Sport, 1994 XLT, 1979 F-100
Gonna give these a whirl. Got two to test. We usually don't have heavy loads, so should be sufficient for our needs. The whole thing is pretty substantial, and the weakest part is the actual bed rail of the truck.
IMG_20200517_163627719.jpg
IMG_20200517_163619604.jpg

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Need tie downs near the top of the bed rails...
I would love to have D rings in the top.

For now I cut lengths of nylon strap from a broken ratchet strap, melted the ends then tied a knot in them and looped them thru the tie downs then thru themselves, slightly easier to reach, if I used them more often I would lengthen and temporarily affix them up high for easy reach. It does make it easier to use a shorter ratchet strap. I've also used strong parachute cord for lighter weight objects .

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
The last time I was at the dealer, I told them that I had heard that Ford ran low on the tie-down loops on the production line and reduced the number to make their supply last longer. The parts guy looked in the computer, and it said there should be six instead of four, They ordered two more for me at no cost, and I installed them myself. Others on the forum have done the same.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The last time I was at the dealer, I told them that I had heard that Ford ran low on the tie-down loops on the production line and reduced the number to make their supply last longer. The parts guy looked in the computer, and it said there should be six instead of four, They ordered two more for me at no cost, and I installed them myself. Others on the forum have done the same.
So he clearly didn't read the bulletin that Ford sent to dealers saying that the change was intentional and not a warranty issue. No surprise--the number of clueless dealers seemd to exceed the number of those with clue.

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So he clearly didn't read the bulletin that Ford sent to dealers saying that the change was intentional and not a warranty issue. No surprise--the number of clueless dealers seemd to exceed the number of those with clue.
I haven’t seen the bulletin, but stating that it was intentional without stating the purpose for the change makes it easy to suspect that Ford just didn’t want the headache of making up the deficiency at a later date. The Ford-branded drop-in bedliner has openings for access to the missing tie-down loops, so arguing that they should have provided six of them is easy.
Sponsored