First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Sorry for the pic heavy post but thought these were cool. Taken from the '75 auto show in Chicago. Brings back a lot of memories. Just look at the size of those Caddys! lol

Chicago Auto Show '75.jpg

Pic2.jpg

Pic3.jpg

Pic4.jpg

Pic5.jpg

Pic6.jpg

Pic7.jpg

Pic8.jpg

Pic9.jpg

Pic10.jpg
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Am I the only one that enjoys mowing the yard??

Yes! ?

I hate it and so glad there's no grass here. It's boring with all stone landscaping here but I love the low/no maintenance now.

Last edited:

KNI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
Not at all. I do enjoy mowing the lawn. I got 5000sqm (53,820sqft) lawn* with multitude of obstacles which takes 2-3 hours to mow even with 4x4 front mower (JONSERED FR 2318 FA 4X4). Nothing more relaxing that some peace, quiet and tunes from radio station. At the end of each run, that "I accomplished something here" feeling is magnificent.

I should mow it at least 2 to 3 times per week, but unfortunately my time is limited and in practice it get's mowed when it starts to look ugly. I've been thinking about outsourcing it to a robot, but I fear that the robot would get stuck or something and those cost like 5000$ + wiring. Trimming the non mowable areas is quite a pain also.

* = "Lawn" is former forest floor which I've cleared, de-rock'd and leveled with nothing but hand tools. There's still one tree stump (about 90cm/35 inch) which is just too big for hand removal. It will rot in a decade anyway. Old concrete blocks & stuff which the former owner buried in the ground I've cut to pieces and removed with rotary hammer. Sand I've put in 120 tons and soil about 20 tons and it's still bumpy as hell on some parts. Rocks I removed with crowbar and sand, above half-ton blocks I drilled with rotary hammer and split with hammer and wedges. It's kind of "My project" which probably never finishes. Once calculated that I'd need another 1500 tons of soil to fully level it out and probably around 500kg explosives to blow off the bedrock on high spots (takes decades with rotary hammer).

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Nope. Before I retired I considered mowing as decompression. After working in a factory, looking at concrete , steel and bulky robots and machines all day, climbing on that mower was a great stress reliever. Now that I am retired, I still don't mind mowing. I only keep about one and a half acres neatly trimmed and another 4 or so gets cut a little less often.

BTW that yard looks great. :thumbsup:

in yard with sand (3).jpg

Ranger outback (1).jpg

l0rdv8r

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.reddit.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
CTO @ NASA
2.25 acres here, and I enjoy mowing, but really need to get something along the lines of a sub-compact tractor for my property. It was all woods at one time, and now the 2 acres not around the house are pretty rough... As someone that already has a bad back, its pretty bad on my back in a riding mower / zero turn.

Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase
2.25 acres here, and I enjoy mowing, but really need to get something along the lines of a sub-compact tractor for my property. It was all woods at one time, and now the 2 acres not around the house are pretty rough... As someone that already has a bad back, its pretty bad on my back in a riding mower / zero turn.
Get one with a suspension. makes a lot of difference....

ferris.jpg

KNI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
Rent an Ivan for it and then reseed. Rocks, stumps, bedrock.. doesn't matter Ivan can do about 20 inches deep leveling.

Takes a day or two.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
The fact you are all sharing your expertise and enjoying a good tractor is entertaining to a city boy like me. I don’t know what the hell I am reading but I like it.

l0rdv8r

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.reddit.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CTO @ NASA

l0rdv8r

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.reddit.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CTO @ NASA
Rent an Ivan for it and then reseed. Rocks, stumps, bedrock.. doesn't matter Ivan can do about 20 inches deep leveling.

Takes a day or two.

Haha I wish, that thing looks amazing!

l0rdv8r

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.reddit.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CTO @ NASA
It begins.... Having a 27' above ground pool installed in a couple of weeks.... gotta get this 32' circle leveled, edged, and filled with sand. Any guesses on how much sand it will take to get within 3" of level lol... Im guessing at LEAST 1 dump truck full......
64488269920__5F43745A-44EE-4CBA-BA48-33AA6A9450A1.jpeg
Sponsored