Thank you all for your help. Just called the dealer for a price. Fingers crossed.

OP
OP
wanted33

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
This is one of the finest Vehicles I've ever owned, not just a truck, i think you'll be very happy with your choice. The only Achilles heal of the truck boiled down to the FX shocks, which really are terrible. Yours will be a regular suspension, but if you find it a bit harsh, the Bilstien ot Eibach strut/shock upgrade will fix that! Your gonna love the truck. C.
Chis, I drive a Jeep Wrangler. Comparing the 2 the Ranger rides like a Lincoln. :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
wanted33

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I test drove the FX and non several times. I agree the FX was too stiff for my daily driver So I ordered the super cab without it. Love the ride. Very comfortable.
Tim, I had considered the FX2 package, but from the comments about the ride I passed. Like you I wanted a softer ride.

OP
OP
wanted33

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Here's one for y'all. I ask my salesguy what they charged for a spray in bed liner as they aren't offered on the option list. I was expecting $495 as was the usual charge. He looked kinda sick (I expected he knew what I was going to say), and said $695 for the 6' bed. Of course I declined, and told him I would shop that out. He understood. So, it looks like it's going to the local GMC dealer who has a special going on at $499.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Sorry but it has to be the dancing Saguaro :tumbleweed::tumbleweed:
Ah, correct. The cheese wedge is for Cyber Orange
cheese.png
Haven't found a decent animated .gif yet.

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier SV in Tactical Green Metallic
Occupation
Cool Dude
I test drove the FX and non several times. I agree the FX was too stiff for my daily driver So I ordered the super cab without it. Love the ride. Very comfortable.
i have a pet peeve about thses shocks. an off road shock is supposed to articulate without being harsh. the Bilstiens are firm and a better offraod shock then the Ford FX shocks. The FX Shock are an Complete Failure and ruin an otherwise great vehicle. they have hard initial damping and virtually no rebound damping. a 2" asphalt bump feels like a bomb went off under the truck. it's a complete failure, and Ford should of never alowed the trucks to leave with those abomonations attatched.

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
i have a pet peeve about thses shocks. an off road shock is supposed to articulate without being harsh. the Bilstiens are firm and a better offraod shock then the Ford FX shocks. The FX Shock are an Complete Failure and ruin an otherwise great vehicle. they have hard initial damping and virtually no rebound damping. a 2" asphalt bump feels like a bomb went off under the truck. it's a complete failure, and Ford should of never alowed the trucks to leave with those abomonations attatched.
Me and my Unicorn actually like the FX4 stock shocks.

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier SV in Tactical Green Metallic
Occupation
Cool Dude
Me and my Unicorn actually like the FX4 stock shocks.
There's one vote for them. I might suggest that you try the Eibach or Bilstiens, you will love the ride in comparison. Check the Eibach upgrade thread.

Tim H.

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4X4, 2016 Corvette Stingray
Occupation
REALTOR

Cavebat87

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Ford Service Advisor
Vehicle Showcase
The CEO went with the Lightning Blue (with some nudging from me :) ).
I got my Lightning Blue Ranger about 2 weeks ago and love it! You won't be disappointed! I had narrowed it down to the Sabre or Lightning Blue and my wife and daughters talked me into the Lightning Blue. It's kinda good to know I couldn't have gotten the Sabre color anyway. The waiting sucks so much though! Have fun and enjoy the Ecoboost when you do get it!

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
Here's one for y'all. I ask my salesguy what they charged for a spray in bed liner as they aren't offered on the option list. I was expecting $495 as was the usual charge. He looked kinda sick (I expected he knew what I was going to say), and said $695 for the 6' bed. Of course I declined, and told him I would shop that out. He understood. So, it looks like it's going to the local GMC dealer who has a special going on at $499.
Using the shop.ford.com builder, Bedliner - Tough Bed Spray-in is still listed for $495 under Exterior Options.

Image 949.png

But then it also let's us build a 2019 Ranger . . .
https://shop.ford.com/build/ranger/2019

Ford's websites have room for improvement.

OP
OP
wanted33

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Using the shop.ford.com builder, Bedliner - Tough Bed Spray-in is still listed for $495 under Exterior Options.

Image 949.png

But then it also let's us build a 2019 Ranger . . .
https://shop.ford.com/build/ranger/2019

Ford's websites have room for improvement.
Good Lord brother, how did I miss that? I must have missed that 10 15 times. Dang it. I gotta call my sales guy. Thank you much

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Good Lord brother, how did I miss that? I must have missed that 10 15 times. Dang it. I gotta call my sales guy. Thank you much
it's nice to have it done at the factory and not worry about it, but aftermarket linex runs about the same price and arguably has some advantages. (better warranty, covers the tailgate gap better.) in practice you can't really go wrong either way, so no need to stress about it.

Stan McKinney

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger,
OK, since @Ranger_Rocks tore a hole in my heart the CEO went back to the drawing board. I was surprised she went a complete 180, and picked the Iconic Silver. She's holding Lightning Blue in reserve until she sees the colors in the wild. We'll see.........
Go for blue. I have it and love it. Chrome wheels really look good with it.
Sponsored