First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
I use non ethanol in all my small engines and anything that doesn't run frequently. Haven't had any carb issues since I started doing that
Where I live we have had nothing but E10 available since the 90s. I have used it in all my lawn equipment since then and have never had an issue. I do put Sta-Bil in my lawn equipment gas as soon as I fill the can. I had gas.in my generators tank that was probably 4 years old and the generator would start right up with no issues.
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Where I live we have had nothing but E10 available since the 90s. I have used it in all my lawn equipment since then and have never had an issue. I do put Sta-Bil in my lawn equipment gas as soon as I fill the can. I had gas.in my generators tank that was probably 4 years old and the generator would start right up with no issues.
Most stations only have E10, but there are a few (thankfully I have two right near the house) that sell non ethanol. If you've not had issues you are lucky. Ethanol absorbs water and for engines that are not used regularly, the water can really mess up the carbs. Some small engine repair businesses love ethanol - it gives them a steady stream of business.

SilverRanger

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Only anecdotal evidence, but I have had Stabil create black crystals in fuel bowls over the years. It has happened too many times to be a fluke.

A theory I have is the Stabil product has a shelf life of its own. I once purchased a quart bottle of it and it took me several years (seasons) to use it all up. Subsequently went through a couple of years cleaning fuel bowls with these weird black crystals.

I still use it, but I only purchase the smallest bottle offered and I make sure I use it all up once it is opened, and at least within one season.

5thranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20ranger
Occupation
driver
Been using 360 performance in my mowers and my older vehicles that have carbs. My Ranger and Edge not so much unless I plan on them being parked for awhile. It is good stuff.
Sponsored