First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Supervisor
but, when you talk to anyone who owns an electric vehicle...mostly Tesla owners, they claim it takes 12 cents of electricity to fully charge their car.
One of my co-workers has a model three and he allowed two other co-workers to try his car for a day. They both charged the car at a supercharger and said it cost about $20 to almost fully charge and took 30 minutes of their time. Also, its almost impossible to charge the car to 100% quickly, I believe the last 10 or 15% takes a significant amount more time due to heat issues.
Sponsored

fortywater12

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Dang, a lot of here say and "well I know a guy" data in this thread. Not surprised with all of the hate and one sided "data" being shared on a Ford forum though :crackup:

If you don't like it, don't buy it. Should I direct everyone over to the dealer problem and mechanical problem threads on this forum? If you look hard enough, you will always be able to find negatives about any car. Not everyone hops on the internet just to say they like something.

But my god, if I see one more "well I have a buddy that said....." comment....sheesh. Gone are the days of reading and forming your own opinion I guess.

Last edited:

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Last edited:

Skit hjälm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hilux, Ranger, Landcruiser,
vehicle...mostly Tesla owners, they claim it takes 12 cents of electricity to fully charge their car.
.12$ HaHa !
Fwiw,
My sister bought Model S back when introduced. I had good opportunity to examine it.
For her its been a comfortable, powerful, great, reliable economical to drive car.
From mechanical assembly point of view. Its piece o crap in many regards.
I say it fits the 20’ rule.
Close its doors and stand back 20’. Its looks great. But behind the curtians.. not so good.
Primarily, what I see is its doorjambs and other normally hidden sheetmetal surfaces are wrinkled and rippled.
Other crazy stuff on its assembly. Some components are multipiece stampings what could been easily stamped of one piece. And its a mixmash of fastener types and sizes.
In all fairness, Thats an early production car. Maybe now processes have been refined for better fit, finish and reduce partscount etc. Perhaps streamlined its fasteners choices. Who knows..?
But in all, Overlooking its ’crude’ construction of the parts that aren’t normally seen. Its a great car what also fits the ”image” she needs for her profession.
Couple years ago My wife bought a model 3.
Its way ahead in fit & finish behind the scenes. For about 8 months she needed to commute almost daily 200 miles tending her ailing mother. Being electric it saved a bundle on fuel.
At our electric rates it recharges that 200 miles at about 6.50$

Speaking of electric chargers...
I installed a Tesla charging inlet on my big camper. I can charge its house batteries, heat, cool, cook, etc. at a Tesla Destination Charger. Or using a SAE to Tesla adaptor. Can take power at ordinary Level 2 EV charging stations.
Of course, thats not normal practice. The truck can charge from solar or its main engine. But its handy when I’m in town a few hours and opportunity (and often free) access to electricity exists.

Last edited:

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I was referring to this fact, as quoted in your article.

The short answer is: No, you can't run laps all day long at qualifying speed.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Of course, thats not normal practice. The truck can charge from solar or its main engine. But its handy when I’m in town a few hours and opportunity (and often free) access to electricity exists.
Nothing is free.

WOADKIL

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Supercrew Cab FX4
Occupation
ENGINEER
Recalls are NOT an indication of quality or an indication of problems an individual will have with their particular vehicle. Recalls are rampant across the board in this day n time. Fact is Tesla’s are far crappier than most realize.
And MANY defects never make it to recall status. As in the medical device industry, a recall shows concern for the public at large...

WNCblueridge

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger supercab
Occupation
Goat herder
Hi Mike,

Our next street down which our property abuts has a Tesla.....It is on a Roll Back wrecker about once in every 2 to 3 weeks. The people who own it just swear by it... I asked what they smoked as it was better than any of the Shit I could buy... We are not speaking to each other, but not about the Tesla...HOA attorneys have suggest we not engage these folks. Another Tesla owner in our HOA is in a similar boat....What is it about Tesla drivers....Their cars do not work but they are so proud to own these pile of crap vehicles.

Best,
Phil
Re: Tesla owners, I have the answer to that question however would get banned for posting it because the complainants are one in the same

WOADKIL

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Supercrew Cab FX4
Occupation
ENGINEER
Yep no easy answers. I just think it is beyond hypocritical to talk about the environmental impact of a Tesla while driving a gas burning car.

I live about 10 miles from an aging nuclear plant that has a history of “accidents” so I get the fear of nuclear. They do send me an emergency radio and some batteries (not lithium) every year to make me feel better. Lol ?
According to Wiki:
"US Gov pledged US$2.4 billion in federal grants to support the development of next-generation electric vehicles and batteries. The funds were allocated as follows: $1.5 billion in grants to U.S.-based manufacturers to produce highly efficient batteries and their components; up to $500 million in grants to U.S.-based manufacturers to produce other components needed for electric vehicles, such as electric motors and other components; and up to $400 million to demonstrate and evaluate plug-in hybrids and other electric infrastructure concepts—like truck stop charging station, electric rail, and training for technicians to build and repair electric vehicles"

This is OUR TAX DOLLARS funding the practicality of an EV.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_incentives_for_plug-in_electric_vehicles

Elon isn't the richest man in the universe without taking our taxes.

Enjoy!

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Lady at work has had one for a couple years ... ehhh, can't keep up with her at stoplights , but that's about as far as the "I'm impressed" goes ... she had an issues early , but they came and got it , fixed and sent back... last year she had a wreck and a nightmare getting it repaired... .... E Ranger is the only proper electric vehicle methinks ...

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Reason for the shoddy workmanship and lack of quality control...
Simple...look at his work force ! No union here, everyone does their "own thing". Pay is stupid cheap.
Only problem is the huge amount of jelly beans found on the factory floor, and the constant chasing of each other around the break room.
Pic of morning cheer at the plant...

hqdefault.jpg