Tesla Big Rigs get amazing 330 miles on a charge! With no payload!

WhyNot21

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4 Screw 501A ...
Occupation
EE
They aren't saying what the payload was, but it's not empty.

I love this forum! Some of you remind me of my late grandfather, who was born in 1899. He hated change and thought technology came from the Devil! :devil:

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon

I love this forum! Some of you remind me of my late grandfather, who was born in 1899. He hated change and thought technology came from the Devil! :devil:
Prove technology didn't come from the devil. Bill Gates, Elon Musk, Steve Jobs, Larry Page, Tim Berners-Lee... all spawn of Satan.
But yeah, the op posted a false title.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Not really, there no indication in the article that there was anything in the truck. Just guessing from the author that one had a heavier payload because it had less range.
Payload or not, it misses Tesla's claims:
"Before this, the only information as to the Tesla Semi's range came from Tesla itself. Previously, the company claimed the Semi could achieve 500 miles of range, hauling a maxed-out load just under 82,000 pounds."

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
Where does one recharge an 82000 pound Tesla truck that is 52 feet +/- long? And how long does it take?

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Where does one recharge an 82000 pound Tesla truck that is 52 feet +/- long? And how long does it take?
One at a time so better be early and get in line ,lol.

Dr_Strangelove

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Art & Design

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger

Back in my day we pushed carts with square wheels!!!

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless

early in my sales career the local Digital (DEC) hired an outside firm to setup appointments at small businesses, giving out some kind of trinket for taking a meeting, I was accompanied on one appointment with my mgr who was female, we meet with this decrepit curmudgeon owner of the business and he almost immediately launched into discourse blaming all the bad in the world on computer technology and females in the work force. Needless to say it wasn't a long meeting, but fast forward when ipods and itune cards were popular and used to setup meetings, I recall at least 2 meetings with VP level executives where they pretty much said all they wanted was the $25 itune card, pls hand it over and get out of my office.

OP
OP
MountainGoat

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4

Maybe it was helium balloons, gaslighter!

Not really, there no indication in the article that there was anything in the truck. Just guessing from the author that one had a heavier payload because it had less range.
Payload or not, it misses Tesla's claims:
"Before this, the only information as to the Tesla Semi's range came from Tesla itself. Previously, the company claimed the Semi could achieve 500 miles of range, hauling a maxed-out load just under 82,000 pounds."
We've already seen "claims" change pretty quickly once a real customer gets behind the wheel. I'm sure truckers will drive until their battery has 1.6% left too.:rolleyes:

diesel924

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2020 Escape
Occupation
Fire truck mechanic
It's all theater. Everyone in the industry knows an EV truck is BS, they just go along with it in hope that only a small percentage of their fleet will be mandated at some time to be EV. In my own little hell, they now have fire trucks that are EV. Some have a 4 or 6 cylinder diesel waiting in the wings to do an 'emergency recharge', some are straight EV so when the battery runs out, the boys should run out of the building that's on fire as well. Great. I'm just glad I've only got 20-30 more years left on this rock because the ending isn't going to be pretty.

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
Back in my day we pushed carts with square wheels!!!
You guys had square wheels? We just used two sticks to drag stuff along the ground. I would have killed for square wheels.

1694645633923.png

Michel Jeanneau

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4 the black beast
And nobody asks where said electricity comes from to recharge said semi E-truck? not from pixie dust, nor form the magic white rectangle on the wall....
Sponsored