19Bluecrew

19Bluecrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Supercrew Ranger
Occupation
Houseboy
Then the lowering can brightening like the opening of the Gates of Heaven...and really blind everybody in the area lol!!
And he brought forth a message from above , “STOP!!!!”
Sponsored

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
OP
OP
19Bluecrew

19Bluecrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Supercrew Ranger
Occupation
Houseboy
OK, so you are wired directly into your tail lights and not plugged into the trailer connector. That's why you are not showing a trailer connected and disabling your back up sensors. Also messes with BLIS. That's what was happening to a lot of people that tried those. You have to splice into the tail light harness.
EDIT! Just looked at the picture of the Tekonsha unit.(jogged my memory) I tapped into the left taillight wires, and then the light bar plugs into the Tekonsha 4 pin connector. I had to tap into the reverse lights separately because the 4 pin does not support that function.

Last edited:
OP
OP
19Bluecrew

19Bluecrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Supercrew Ranger
Occupation
Houseboy
EDIT! Just looked at the picture of the Tekonsha unit.(jogged my memory) I tapped into the left taillight wires, and then the light bar plugs into the Tekonsha 4 pin connector. I had to tap into the reverse lights separately because the 4 pin does not support that function.
I can also confirm my BLIS and backup camera work properly with this setup

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
What we need now is an integrated set of lights and tailgate dampeners, so that when you slowly lower your tailgate some lights inside the bed gradually turn on.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
What we need now is an integrated set of lights and tailgate dampeners, so that when you slowly lower your tailgate some lights inside the bed gradually turn on.
Even better would be lights that slowly raise up out of the bed...ufo-ville style ?

Briand0903

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Electrician

When you tapped into the taillight which did you splice into? Where did you splice the reverse wire?

I'm actually going to try and hook up this 7 way to 4 pin adapter from etrailer and see what happens.

I have the Rough Country tailgate light and have the Tekonsha adapter but trying to avoid the trailer connection.

OP
OP
19Bluecrew

19Bluecrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Supercrew Ranger
Occupation
Houseboy
When you tapped into the taillight which did you splice into? Where did you splice the reverse wire?

I'm actually going to try and hook up this 7 way to 4 pin adapter from etrailer and see what happens.

I have the Rough Country tailgate light and have the Tekonsha adapter but trying to avoid the trailer connection.
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/installing-tailgate-light-bar.3030/
Used this diagram to figure out which wire was what. If I remember correctly the order of the wires in the plug is correct, but the wire colors are different/wrong. Used a multimeter to confirm each wires function. If you have experience with automotive wiring it isn’t too bad. If this is your first experience with locating and tapping wires find a buddy to help.

MitchDraggon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Semi retired
OP
OP
19Bluecrew

19Bluecrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Supercrew Ranger
Occupation
Houseboy
Do you have BLIS on your Ranger? Will this work for that as well? I just want to install the lightbar, plug and play, without error codes on dash or loss of any functionality. Thanks
I do have the blind spot radar in the taillights, and it’s fully functional with no codes.