First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
In case you didn't know, the brake light function is trigered by a constant +12v on either the left(yellow) or right(green) turn signal wire on these tailgate lights. Pulsing the +12v will allow for the flashing of the blinker function.

Ignore the wire colors in the image as I created those based off various diagrams and posts I had dug up and aren't totally correct. The actual wire colors I found and used are below:
I find this interesting. If you are getting full width brake lights with this setup, then there is some circuit in the light bar to make it happen. What I would expect, with your setup. is you would only get the right half of the bar lighting up with the brakes.

A couple questions. Does your truck have the LED tailights? Does the light bar you are using have sequential turn indicators?

Not says your solution doesn't work just trying to understand how.
Sponsored

OneHighFocus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Q60

I find this interesting. If you are getting full width brake lights with this setup, then there is some circuit in the light bar to make it happen. What I would expect, with your setup. is you would only get the right half of the bar lighting up with the brakes.

A couple questions. Does your truck have the LED tailights? Does the light bar you are using have sequential turn indicators?

Not says your solution doesn't work just trying to understand how.
My truck has the LED tail lights.

My light bar/strip has a full width red line of LEDs (Bottom row) that light up low for running light and bright for Stop which the full length lights up when constant 12V is applied to either the yellow or green input. When a pulsing 12V is applied, the yellow LEDs (middle row) light up for their respective turn signal indication. The top row of LEDs is white for the reverse light.