Tailgate Lettering

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Would adding these letters to the tailgate void the warranty on Dave's Dampers?

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Would adding these letters to the tailgate void the warranty on Dave's Dampers?
Damper probably can't handle the extra weight of the letters.

Hickesy

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021 STX SuperCab 4x4
These are a little pricier but they look really nice. Are you liking the raised letters? I’ve been thinking about getting these as well.
I really like them, I think it's a case of "you get what you pay for". These are supposed to last the lifetime of the truck which is pretty impressive

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Screw 4x4 Lariat 501a Blk App Carbonized Gray
The damper's not the issue it's being able to lift the tailgate with the atrophy that is. :frown:
I propose dampers increase arm strength. Hear me out.

No damper:
Tailgate slams open with an eruption of toxic masculinity.
Tailgate closes with normal arm strength.

Damper:
Tailgate opens with grace and beauty.
Tailgate closes with slightly more increased resistance than normal due to the damper ?

mtsoxfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I search several sites and of course the endless array offered by China via Amazon, but couldn't really settle on the design or colors available until I stumbled across TDVinyl Decals https://tvdvinyldecals.com/ . I chose a color, but didn't care for it when it arrived. They accepted it back without question and sent me a new set. I purchased the set that includes the Tailgate, Front Grill and Dashboard, but asked them for different colors for each. I have Gray for the Tailgate, Titanium for the Grill and Smoke Gray for the Dash. I might add, they're prices are very reasonable.

I was nervous to do it myself, but their instructions were perfect. I used mildly soapy water and they went on very easily and I was also able to squeegee out any air bubbles. Once dry, they adhered well and look factory (in my opinion). I would highly recommend their decals.

To follow up, I'll try to add some pics for each for your viewing pleasure..

TDV Tailgate Lettering.jpg

TDV Grill Lettering.jpg

TDV Dash Lettering.jpg
Plus one for TVD. I believe it is veteran owned, great CS, and they sent me color samples. Hands down a no brainer...

Beez

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat, 2.5 Leveler, MBRP 3" Exhaust
Occupation
Just another incredibly super average dude
that looks really good. i will probably just do the tailgate for now, but nice to have additional options. where did you get the license plate bracket?
1672175679969.png

[/QUOTE]
Hey Phil - That License Plate Frame is an ebay item $12.99 w/ free shipping. I bought two, one for the front as well as the back: https://www.ebay.com/itm/353204202076

I had previously ordered about a half dozen of more off of Amazon, one more crappy than the next and just kept returning them before I found this one. Trouble is, allot of what you see pictured on amazon seem deceptive and look entirely different once you actually have it in your hands. The ones you see on my truck are satin black painted stainless with brushed lettering. I've been really pleased with them.

Thanks for noticing

shb500777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C, 2023 Ranger Lariat / Tremor
Has anyone used the TufSkinz letters in "magnetic"? How close do they match the Ford "magnetic" paint used on the truck / wheels?

Protomeister

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - black/ebony with BAP

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
@shred5 , @Wytchdctr , do you have pics of these letters on your tailgate? Mine is black, so Wytchdctr, im really interested in seeing how it came out. I want just a hint of color.
I have had them in for about a year and a half now. Still doing well. The top of the G is a bit loose but they sent me another G for free. Still sitting in the package.

KIMG0992.jpg

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I have had them in for about a year and a half now. Still doing well. The top of the G is a bit loose but they sent me another G for free. Still sitting in the package.

KIMG0992.jpg

Yep the same ones I have with the red on the sides.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Just this last weekend my wife's friend complimented on my truck and commented how she liked the word Ranger subtly embossed (or whatever you call it) into the tailgate. My wife also commented she like the subtleness and thought it looked better than vehicles with bold lettering. So I think I am leaving mine stock.

ArchitectThom

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Architect